The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline had O'Hara and todarov as their strike force last night. There would've been a riot if that had been announced as our forward line a couple of seasons ago.  Funny old game right enough.

Maybe illustrates how difficult it is to get 'proven goal scorers' in?

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

He reminded me of John Stewart.

John Stewart is probably the highest transfer fee we’ve paid since the millenium! 😬 

The striker we bring in needs to be mobile as if we're playing the high press he'll have to as well as otherwise it'll break down. Someone who can get in behind the defence and cause a nuisance of themselves to create space for our midfielders to capitalise on. 

Incidentally, that pish at half time from the FTV boys slagging off paying customers would see them facing a disciplinary today if they were actual employees. Really disappointed in Lewis, I thought better of him. At least now we know their opinion of fans when they think no one can hear them. 

Also shows just how technically incompetent they are. 

Guest Ecosse83

How refreshing to hear a manager talk about how the team played tactically after the game. Light years from the pish we had under M and M! 

A few more decent signings and I might just enjoy going tk the games again!

19 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Incidentally, that pish at half time from the FTV boys slagging off paying customers would see them facing a disciplinary today if they were actual employees. Really disappointed in Lewis, I thought better of him. At least now we know their opinion of fans when they think no one can hear them. 

I sent an email to them halfway through the first half telling them about the 3 frames a second problem and got a response telling me there is nothing wrong their end and I should look at my internet connection.   Obvious incompetence, as many were experiencing exactly the same thing.  They were probably slagging me off at half time for asking them to fix the problem.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

15 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

What was actually said?

12 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I sent an email to them halfway through the first half telling them about the 3 frames a second problem and got a response telling me there is nothing wrong their end and I should look at my internet connection.   Obvious incompetence, as many were experiencing exactly the same thing.  They were probably slagging me off at half time for daring to ask them.

I was actually getting a headache watching the first half to the extent I stopped watching for 15 minutes and missed our three goals.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Alternative angle of that Albion Rovers goal

Better quality video too. Had to watch the highlights after hearing all the complaints about the video, what in the actual feck are FTV doing? Their streams two years ago were terrible on the ears, but very crisp and clear…how did they manage to sink to that, surely that’s not the normal product.

I messaged this to the club today.  No reply yet.

I fully appreciate those involved in Falkirk TV are volunteers and they are doing their very best and usually do a great job. Lewis is a great commentator. Also factoring in it's the first game of the season. No criticism to them at all. Falkirk, please provide them with appropriate equipment and facilities to deliver a better service. We have the lowest quality live stream in the league. I watched nearly all of the away games last season and the other teams, all much smaller than us, streamed in 1080p while we are still limited to a legacy 720p. The first half last night was nearly unwatchable, getting about 4 frames a second. Is there a problem with broadband at the stadium? And today the match highlights have no sound.
Again, appreciation to the volunteers, I know I couldn't do what they do, but from a professional football team is not to right to expect a reliable service?
Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Better quality video too. Had to watch the highlights after hearing all the complaints about the video, what in the actual feck are FTV doing? Their streams two years ago were terrible on the ears, but very crisp and clear…how did they manage to sink to that, surely that’s not the normal product.

The highlights were from a different camera's view as they obviously didn't want to show what kind of quality the stream was in the first half. I think our pictures normally ok other than the fact we tend to show you replays as more important things are happening on the park. 

Good to hear Sheerin talking about more quality still to come in and by the way he was talking there'll still be a few more in the door. As expected the 18 year olds will be in and around the team but we're not relying on them like we were last season. If they come in and do well then it's up to them to keep their place.

Centre back, centre mid and a pacey striker please Paul.