The Falkirk FC Thread

On 09/07/2021 at 13:37, ilostmyself said:

How come Dumbarton nearly got relegated but half their team has been signed by teams that should be aiming for promotion? What's going on?

I've been wondering the very same. Everyone talks about Duffy being an excellent manager - but some of the guys who had us trundling about ninth and staying up by the skin of our teeth have now been picked up by yourselves, Cove, Airdrie (three times...) and Alloa. 

Either Duffy seriously underperformed last season. The players seriously underperformed last season. Or the clubs who signed them are in for a shock.

4 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

That Dumbarton team that day were the worst opposition we have played in a league fixture at TFS. We were 5-0 at half time. Walking out after that game I genuinely thought they would finish the season on single digit points.

I  watched the highlights from that the other day. It was one of the first games I reported on when I was in this job full-time. How Falkirk didn't put eight or nine past us that day I'm really not sure. Two months later we added Reghan Tumilty and Adam Frizzell, Falkirk were in total freefall and needed an injury time penalty to draw 1-1 at the Rock and Raymond McKinnon was hounded out. Crazy how quickly Falkirk went from 2012/13 Queen of the South to 2014/15 Dunfermline Athletic.

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Keena taking part in the small sided games is good news surely as it means he can't be long till he's back if he's taking part in contact training. Also noticed there's still a fair few trialists there so hopefully some more signings to come in.

Your hoping it isn't a reoccurring injury, Josh Todd seemed to have had a lot of trouble with his shoulder and even before he signed for us. 

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I'm just guessing but he's maybe wearing a yellow, rather than red, bib so that the others know not to make any contact?

Yeah good point I've just rewatched and noticed that so you are most likely correct. Ben Weekes looked to be in the footage along with the Ipswich lad and another young black player standing at the side of the goals for the small sided games.

16 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Yeah good point I've just rewatched and noticed that so you are most likely correct. Ben Weekes looked to be in the footage along with the Ipswich lad and another young black player standing at the side of the goals for the small sided games.

Ndaba played in Ipswich’s friendly a few days ago I think its a complete non starter

Guest Back Post Misses
3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Keena taking part in the small sided games is good news surely as it means he can't be long till he's back if he's taking part in contact training. Also noticed there's still a fair few trialists there so hopefully some more signings to come in.

A lad just back from america is one of them. Was at Livingston for a week but whilst they thought he was decent are covered in the area of the pitch he plays. 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

A lad just back from america is one of them. Was at Livingston for a week but whilst they thought he was decent are covered in the area of the pitch he plays. 

Which area would that be?

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Ndaba played in Ipswich’s friendly a few days ago I think its a complete non starter

Not him it's the other lad that was mentioned on here Tristan Nydam.

Not sure bringing in youth players on full time deals to pack out the squad is the best idea at least not yet. Crying out for better quality players in every department, yet everything seems to be pointing to either loans or giving the youths a deal.  Sneddon has been in and around the first team for a season and he's no closer to getting a game regularly. 

Guest Back Post Misses
6 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Which area would that be?

Not him it's the other lad that was mentioned on here Tristan Nydam.

Wide player 

6 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

Not sure bringing in youth players on full time deals to pack out the squad is the best idea at least not yet. Crying out for better quality players in every department, yet everything seems to be pointing to either loans or giving the youths a deal.  Sneddon has been in and around the first team for a season and he's no closer to getting a game regularly. 

Could be these lads are seen as better than the development team and Sheerin's having a look to see if they are capable of pushing for a first team place already. If they're good enough they're old enough.