The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or there are inflating the numbers sold? 

No I don’t think so as one of our group bought last weekend and doesn’t have an Albion Rovers ticket. Doesn’t answer why your mate has one even though he bought later though. 

22 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can only speak for myself - for me the key point in not handing over any cash for tickets etc is that those running the club view the supporters with contempt. Until there is a clear change in that 'feeling' or real tangible steps towards fan ownership then I won't be paying my 18 quid to people who want me to sit on my hands and say "COYB" like a good little boy no matter how poor we are on the park or however much of a shambles we are off it.

I appreciate this is difficult to quantify but ever since the Craig Campbell era I've got the impression that the club hates us if there is any slight dissension or a desire for things to be less crap generally.

I feel there are far too many board members across the country who have the feeling that if they could run clubs without fans they would. Dumbarton suffered this mentality for far too long under our previous chairman and it led to a lot of the same stuff I see on this thread (disconnect between club and fans, absolutely no trust in decision making, resentment). Entirely agree with your approach here, the only way change can be made is if those people in charge realise support is withdrawn. For as long as folk hand over their money they'll think they're doing a good job. 

26 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Any word on whether we'll be allowed to attend Ayr on the 24th? 

I messaged them and they said, like ourselves, it’s likely to just be home ST holders due to restricted capacity currently. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This "regime" has only been in the door 5mins.  We haven't even played a competitive game yet under the current board and there are plenty of encouraging new faces behind the scenes at least.  

I could 100% get behind a campaign to get rid of Gary Holt but to go on about everything being a conspiracy is hard to believe.  

What happens if we start getting results on the park - will you (and others) continue to stay away until Deans is gone?  Until Rawlins have gone?  What's the turning point?  

This Board May only have been elected on last November but have worked for a year behind the scenes with Deans. In case you missed it we played competitive games last season post them being elected (well the other teams were competitive).

I huge part of the NB push initially was to see the back of Holt. The Board are welded to him so by association they are culpable if we don’t get up. 

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This "regime" has only been in the door 5mins.  We haven't even played a competitive game yet under the current board and there are plenty of encouraging new faces behind the scenes at least.  

I could 100% get behind a campaign to get rid of Gary Holt but to go on about everything being a conspiracy is hard to believe.  

What happens if we start getting results on the park - will you (and others) continue to stay away until Deans is gone?  Until Rawlins have gone?  What's the turning point?  

I won’t spend a penny at the club as long as Deans is on the Board. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

That’s the choice we’ve all got mate. This will likely be the 5th season in a row (not including last season) where our average attendance has reduced. That’s not a good thing.

I get the board concerns but season ticket sales will probably down this season as much for COVID concerns as for our boards blundering performance.
Indeed I suspect COVID is likely to be the primary factor irrespective of personal feelings on the matter….

6 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

I get the board concerns but season ticket sales will probably down this season as much for COVID concerns as for our boards blundering performance.
Indeed I suspect COVID is likely to be the primary factor irrespective of personal feelings on the matter….

I just hope we don’t lose a generation of supporters because at our level and in Scotland in general gate money is the life blood of many clubs.

I just hope we don’t lose a generation of supporters because at our level and in Scotland in general gate money is the life blood of many clubs.

I honestly fear that we will lose a lot of our older generation of supporters who followed the club for many years but don’t want to take their chances with this awful disease….

Just now, roman_bairn said:

I honestly fear that we will lose a lot of our older generation of supporters who followed the club for many years but don’t want to take their chances with this awful disease….

Depends which one your on about Covid or the Board

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

I can only speak for myself - for me the key point in not handing over any cash for tickets etc is that those running the club view the supporters with contempt. Until there is a clear change in that 'feeling' or real tangible steps towards fan ownership then I won't be paying my 18 quid to people who want me to sit on my hands and say "COYB" like a good little boy no matter how poor we are on the park or however much of a shambles we are off it.

I appreciate this is difficult to quantify but ever since the Craig Campbell era I've got the impression that the club hates us if there is any slight dissension or a desire for things to be less crap generally.

I echo much of this. This will be the first season in 15 years for me where I haven't bought a season ticket - I've just had enough. As Marsh said, it's not only the consistent mistakes that have been made over the past decade, it's the complete lack of contrition from those who have been making them. Even with the recent changes at the club, I see no sign of things changing either - evidenced by Deans bumbling performance at the Q&A (providing no real reason why he did not step down at the end of last season, other than "it would get worse if I left" - for which he has 0 proof) and Holt coming across like an arse on an ego-trip when he has no qualifications to do the job he has been given. The fact that things show no sign of improving - if anything, I think we are becoming increasingly amateurish - is the final straw for me.

I totally respect the idea many fans have that not buying a season ticket harms the club - but I would flip it and suggest that by buying a season ticket, you are assenting to/enabling some of the same people that have got us to our lowest point in 40 years to continue doing what they are doing.  That is the ultimate harm. Whatever way you try to dress it up, by buying a season ticket, you are confirming to them that, no matter what they do or how many mistakes they make (and hardly ever admit to making), you'll still get circa 1500-2000 fans coming through the turnstile, clapping their hands, going "COYB!!!" and coming back every second week, regardless of outcome.

Why would I continue to give money to an operation that has that opinion of me? The only power I therefore have is to withdraw my season ticket money to let them know that I completely disagree with what is happening at my club and the direction they are taking it in. I feel many others have made that same choice too.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

As much as things have been going down the pan for a good few years all this was accelerated by the downing of tools on Houstie, As much as Housties signing were lazy we had it good for the previous 2 seasons before them downing tools whether the 2 ring leaders of that are true or not i hold them as much to blame for the shit state we are in just now added with the board decisions made at that time and since.

Deans thinking him stepping down would be the wrong move and he wants to see things through is an ego trip of him hoping he can redeem himself and think all is forgiven between support and club/board IF we manage to get promoted (sorry Gary it doesnt work like that)

Holt signing his laddie is just pouring salt on the wounds big question is "is his laddie any good" and if it isnt him that goes out on loan for first team experience then we are even more f**ked than we think

2 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I bought my season ticket because naively I wanted to contribute a little to the "quality" of the guys in the blue shirts on the park.  I think those who refuse to renew their ticket for "sack the board" reasons are harming the team and they think people like me are harming the club by keeping the current regime in place.  Because life is far too short to worry about everything, I will leave it to those on here who's main focus is their interest in business matters behind the scenes to concentrate on that and I will focus on the great/adequate/terrible (delete where appropriate) things going on on the field.  In truth we all think we are helping the club in the long term.  How about we call a truce and agree to disagree?

You and I have had our differences but I think you are so correct here.

1 hour ago, roman_bairn said:

It isn't the Covid factor for me, my family have had a minimum of 6 tickets for at least 50 years I would guess and I've bought 4 every year since we have been in TFS.

For the first year ever there are zero being bought, and it hurts tbh.

I like many others have spent money at every opportunity, fundraisers, team of millennium, Crunchies night, most strips even if they have just went in a drawer as I got older,  and I have enjoyed every memory it has brought me.

I must admit I have swithered a couple of times as FFC is part of you,  but this is it, I can't just agree with how we are being run and how the fan base is being continually  treated.

Hopefully somethings happens that makes me come back, until then I'll be at every away game I can get in to.

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

29 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

It’s not the older generation who are currently getting the disease.

Anyway, you’re on the wrong forum.

It isn't the Covid factor for me, my family have had a minimum of 6 tickets for at least 50 years I would guess and I've bought 4 every year since we have been in TFS.
For the first year ever there are zero being bought, and it hurts tbh.
I like many others have spent money at every opportunity, fundraisers, team of millennium, Crunchies night, most strips even if they have just went in a drawer as I got older,  and I have enjoyed every memory it has brought me.
I must admit I have swithered a couple of times as FFC is part of you,  but this is it, I can't just agree how we are being run and how the fan base is being continually  treated.
Hopefully somethings happens that makes me come back, until then I'll be at every away game I can get in to.

They are taking what Falkirk is to us and turning it into something different. Theres no shame in coming on here to say you dont recognise it and dont particularly want to be part of it.

The truth is, theres not much there to get behind at this moment in time.