The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’ve no idea. The only possibly reason I can think of is that they’ve fudged the numbers 🙄

What a cad you are 

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have all kept it going for years. Successive regimes have wasted that money. This one has done the same. It is no wonder people have had enough

This "regime" has only been in the door 5mins.  We haven't even played a competitive game yet under the current board and there are plenty of encouraging new faces behind the scenes at least.  

I could 100% get behind a campaign to get rid of Gary Holt but to go on about everything being a conspiracy is hard to believe.  

What happens if we start getting results on the park - will you (and others) continue to stay away until Deans is gone?  Until Rawlins have gone?  What's the turning point?  

8 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

I know exactly what I’m achieving and I’m well aware of what’s going on behind the scenes as well, evidently more so than chumps like you who pony up their cash year on year and endorse this sh!t. Don’t make assumptions based on a username which was created three years ago. Clown.

So you're quite happy with the MSG now then?  

More iTK than everyone else  - good for you.  

4 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I think the only way Sheerin will be with us beyond this season is if we go up, if we don't it'll be another new manager again, if it is a failure you would hope the board bin Holt aswell but I can't see it. Deans seems convinced he's the best thing since sliced bread. 

Far too many exits on the roundabout now to judge what's gonna happen, especially without a ball kicked....more so in the league than Mickey mouse cup.

If it goes down the route of Sheerin being sacked, what's next ?

We need a bit of security about us long term, this revolving manager door has got us to 5th in the 3rd division.

What contract did we give Sheerin ?

59 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

So why does someone who bought on Tuesday get a ticket? 

My mate similar bought after 1000 and got ticket for Benny T stand for Tuesday....had no idea what stand that was, neither do I. We have had same seat since day one of the TFS, so perhaps that goes for something. I've not bothered this season, covid shit has blocked possibility of me considering it but the way the club is being ran has had me as low as the Hibs semi....funnily Holt was in charge that day .

22 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

In other news, I see Cove lost 3 v 2 at home to Stirling Albion today.  

I was there sadly. First game of the season and we looked like a team who hadn't played any friendlies. Didn't have our full strength squad but even still looked far from our best.

Mountain to climb to get our group already

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 09/07/2021 at 06:51, ebobsboy said:

Scott Robinson left and Kouder-aissa has joined Airdrie aswell. I think Hamilton will be featuring for Livi this season. One to keep an aye on though, I'm sure this is last year of his contract too. 

He's only 21. You'd have to pay a huge chunk to even get him due to compensation. I imagine he'll sign a 3 year deal with us in a few months

I bought my season ticket because naively I wanted to contribute a little to the "quality" of the guys in the blue shirts on the park.  I think those who refuse to renew their ticket for "sack the board" reasons are harming the team and they think people like me are harming the club by keeping the current regime in place.  Because life is far too short to worry about everything, I will leave it to those on here who's main focus is their interest in business matters behind the scenes to concentrate on that and I will focus on the great/adequate/terrible (delete where appropriate) things going on on the field.  In truth we all think we are helping the club in the long term.  How about we call a truce and agree to disagree?

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

39 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

What happens if we start getting results on the park - will you (and others) continue to stay away until Deans is gone?  Until Rawlins have gone?  What's the turning point?  

I can only speak for myself - for me the key point in not handing over any cash for tickets etc is that those running the club view the supporters with contempt. Until there is a clear change in that 'feeling' or real tangible steps towards fan ownership then I won't be paying my 18 quid to people who want me to sit on my hands and say "COYB" like a good little boy no matter how poor we are on the park or however much of a shambles we are off it.

I appreciate this is difficult to quantify but ever since the Craig Campbell era I've got the impression that the club hates us if there is any slight dissension or a desire for things to be less crap generally.

17 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I was there sadly. First game of the season and we looked like a team who hadn't played any friendlies. Didn't have our full strength squad but even still looked far from our best.

Mountain to climb to get our group already

How were the new signings?  Vigurs and Draper decent..or past it?  

21 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

How were the new signings?  Vigurs and Draper decent..or past it?  

Very difficult from seeing them on one game alone. Vigurs has a good range of passing and a leader - good addition.Draper no better than Scully, in fact Scully is better. Would only play Draper CB. He's nothing special even for L1. Got experience and will add some depth. 

Edited by CoveRangers1922

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I can only speak for myself - for me the key point in not handing over any cash for tickets etc is that those running the club view the supporters with contempt. Until there is a clear change in that 'feeling' or real tangible steps towards fan ownership then I won't be paying my 18 quid to people who want me to sit on my hands and say "COYB" like a good little boy no matter how poor we are on the park or however much of a shambles we are off it.

I appreciate this is difficult to quantify but ever since the Craig Campbell era I've got the impression that the club hates us if there is any slight dissension or a desire for things to be less crap generally.

You see this makes sense though personally I don't believe all the bad decisions have been because the board hate us or are out to get us, I just think folk like Campbell were incompetent and made a whole host of poor decisions.  I also think the last 4 managers made lots of poor decisions too ( e.g if they had spent their considerable budgets better) would have meant we'd have far less knowledge of what the board are up to.  The whole thing has been an ongoing cluster-f**k but from what I read here there doesn't seem to be clear consensus on who needs to go/what needs to change and there does seem to be (at least) a few things that are improving.  We need to start winning asap though. 

16 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I bought my season ticket because naively I wanted to contribute a little to the "quality" of the guys in the blue shirts on the park.  I think those who refuse to renew their ticket for "sack the board" reasons are harming the team and they think people like me are harming the club by keeping the current regime in place.  Because life is far too short to worry about everything, I will leave it to those on here who's main focus is their interest in business matters behind the scenes to concentrate on that and I will focus on the great/adequate/terrible (delete where appropriate) things going on on the field.  In truth we all think we are helping the club in the long term.  How about we call a truce and agree to disagree?

Can we all base this truce on the consensus that Holt (Gary) can GTF?  

3 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

You see this makes sense though personally I don't believe all the bad decisions have been because the board hate us or are out to get us, I just think folk like Campbell were incompetent and made a whole host of poor decisions.  I also think the last 4 managers made lots of poor decisions too ( e.g if they had spent their considerable budgets better) would have meant we'd have far less knowledge of what the board are up to.

I don't necessarily disagree with anything you've said there tbf. The response to these failures is my main bugbear. Lashing out at the support consistently rather than taking it on the chin and admitting multiple mistakes have been made at all levels of the club.