The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

a bit like the end of last season then when all he had to do was get us a couple of points from 15 and failed to do that. blamed injuries etc took no responsibility for him having control of the January window.  here we have what looks like another failed transfer window. what is the point of him?

Asbolutely none ! 

The guy is teflon coated at the moment...even to the degree of getting his lad in on a 2 year  contract. I've called those in charge of the club for just about everything that is wrong with the place, but nepotism is a new one !

Edited by Zbairn

I see they have put the matchday experience on FFC TV so 15 min window to arrive, no food stall, masks to be worn as if the signings hasn't ruined things enough they finally crushed it:

Edited by AL-FFC

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

I see they have put the matchday experience on FFC TV so 15 min window to arrive, no food stall, masks to be worn as if the signings hasn't ruined things enough they finally crushed it:

* Most will turn up when they want to/can

* Food is awful there anyway 

* Mask wearing won’t be enforced outside at the seats anyway, they can’t enforce. 

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

* Most will turn up when they want to/can

* Food is awful there anyway 

* Mask wearing won’t be enforced outside at the seats anyway, they can’t enforce. 

Yep.

The club have to do this just like shops and restaurants to comply with the law.

Once inside, just do your own thing.

I don’t wear masks in shops or entering restaurants and nobody has bothered, so far.

Guest Back Post Misses
2 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

I let the club know I couldn’t attend either game (& was due a ticket on Tues) due to a holiday so could be that others have done the same. 

Or there are inflating the numbers sold? 

36 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Or there are inflating the numbers sold? 

I bought mine last Friday, the same day as they announced 1000 sold and I don’t have a ticket for Albion Rovers. Slightly damaging to your latest theory 😢

2 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

This is complete bollocks.  The fans are never the problem.  Over the last few years the fans have backed the team to the hilt and been let down by poor management and poor recruitment.  

By your logic the 1500 who have renewed tickets are to blame for where we are?  

In this day and age there are far more alternatives vying for peoples time and money than professional football.  Its naive to think the board are going anywhere this season so 'starving' the team of support is only going to get more regulars out of the habit of going to games.  Regulars who once out of that habit might never go back. 

Another risk of course is that with no money coming in there is not a club for supporters to come back to.  We're having a terrible few years lately but while we still have a club we can get through this period and I for one would much rather the club survived than we turn into the likes of Airdrie in terms of fan numbers as well as matching them for dross on the pitch.  

I'm not even sure a lot of those withholding ticket money actually know what they're trying to achieve.  You just need to look at things like the recent comment above that talks about not buying a season ticket until the MSG are gone.  Then you've got MSG GTF both don't seem to realise the MSG aren't running the show any more.  For a lot of others, SA and MR have gone from being the toxic root cause of everything bad at the club to shining knights in armour, Falkirk fans at heart who supported the Navy Blue bid and should have been trusted.  The hyprocracy is staggering. 

Meanwhile I really wish we'd sign a decent player or two and am personally looking forward to getting back to watching my team play.  

Ultimately, the support have but one piece of leverage when they have had enough of the attitude of the club’s governance, and that is their money. I think those who choose not to renew their Season Tickets are perfectly clear on what it achieves. SA & MR are still major shareholders. They aren’t on the BoD, they don’t run the show, but currently it is their stance to never go against the BoD that has given this BoD a free rein to do pretty much as they please.

Not even owning up to the Arbroath friendly screw up also shows that whenever possible, they will be as economical as possible when it comes to telling the truth……on that front, nothing has changed. Can our new Chief Executive maybe bring round his colleagues in the Boardroom to having a bash at honesty being the best policy? I hope that’s something he would like to achieve, but on past evidence, it won’t be easy.

As for people not renewing ST potentially having no club to come back to, please look around at the football battlefield casualty list and point out all of the names that have disappeared from our lives. Look at those whose who have taken the piss financially, and how it has damaged them to a point where they are much worse off than us. Rangers, Motherwell, Hearts, Dundee (twice) Livingston (twice), Dunfermline…..they haven’t exactly disappeared from the landscape, have they. Oh, and your bit wrt Airdrie……they did finish above us last season I believe. Matching their dross on the pitch? How can you justify that statement in the here and now?

Your MSG GTF statement makes no sense. It’s a users name created when that message was a strong one, but it’s a user name….that’s all that it is. As for opinions on SA & MR, of course they will shift. If they are doing stuff that people don’t like, they can be viewed by some as toxic. If they then seem to shift to doing something altruistic, then opinions shift accordingly.

33 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I bought mine last Friday, the same day as they announced 1000 sold and I don’t have a ticket for Albion Rovers. Slightly damaging to your latest theory 😢

My mate bought his season well before the announcement of 1000 and is still waiting for his ticket. It just means the club hasn't got their act together yet.

Numbers are inflated because they include freebies etc.

Guest Back Post Misses
38 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

So why does someone who bought on Tuesday get a ticket? 

Yep.
The club have to do this just like shops and restaurants to comply with the law.
Once inside, just do your own thing.
I don’t wear masks in shops or entering restaurants and nobody has bothered, so far.

Hmm, remember you are the one that debated with me that Prof Neil Ferguson was an imbecile for suggesting 200k could die without action in the UK prepandemic?
I’d tend to take anything you say and file it in the bin…..

3 hours ago, BooBairn said:

COYB…. Once a Bairn, Always A Bairn…. Pass the sweeties over here. 

I think this is a pretty childish attitude to take here. To be dismissive of someone who wishes to SUPPORT your club and give necessary funding to keep it going. 
It just reinforces individual choice.
Many on here will agree with your views but we are all different. 

Guest Back Post Misses
8 minutes ago, bejazz1 said:

I think this is a pretty childish attitude to take here. To be dismissive of someone who wishes to SUPPORT your club and give necessary funding to keep it going. 
It just reinforces individual choice.
Many on here will agree with your views but we are all different. 

We have all kept it going for years. Successive regimes have wasted that money. This one has done the same. It is no wonder people have had enough

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm not even sure a lot of those withholding ticket money actually know what they're trying to achieve.  You just need to look at things like the recent comment above that talks about not buying a season ticket until the MSG are gone.  Then you've got MSG GTF both don't seem to realise the MSG aren't running the show any more. 

I know exactly what I’m achieving and I’m well aware of what’s going on behind the scenes as well, evidently more so than chumps like you who pony up their cash year on year and endorse this sh!t. Don’t make assumptions based on a username which was created three years ago. Clown.