The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, keithgy said:

I really don't understand the need to sign 2 keepers and the say we will send 1 out on loan,we are a joke of a club and the sooner the MSG f**k off the better,

Someone always used to say on here you need 3 goalkeepers for the training they do. Holt I imagine won't be costing much given he's just came from a scholarship and the loan club may pay a percentage of his wage as well. 

Hopefully some more improvements to come as we need to bolster the spine of the team with some quality. Ben Hall as the only back up's not going to cut it.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I genuinely don’t know better. To repeat myself…….when it comes to the workings of Falkirk FC, no matter how cynical I get, I just can’t keep up. If we thought last season was a total train wreck, then they are clearly prepared to take it even further this season.

Aye to repeat yourself over and over again ya mad old kent.  Give it a fkn rest ya death eater. 

4 hours ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

This. How many goals did Keena and Dowds score last season? Pair of them are never properly fit either. With Wilson in the mix what a completely uninspiring front line

We knew from day one Dowds is not a goalscorer and going from part time to full time sometimes is hard, see Blair Lyons who stuck out like a sore thumb and is back at Montrose.

Id like to say Keena should be given a clean slate for this season after last season with his injuries, but alarm bells will be ringing with ahem more injuries. We all hope he comes good but our tactics and his injuries havent helped his case to perform to his best.......we hope 

3 hours ago, TxRover said:

I took no attack at the son, I simply noted that his CV in the New World seems a wee bit inflated and asked what he did in Scotland. If that’s an attack, so be it.

#obsessed 

28 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Someone always used to say on here you need 3 goalkeepers for the training they do. Holt I imagine won't be costing much given he's just came from a scholarship and the loan club may pay a percentage of his wage as well. 

Hopefully some more improvements to come as we need to bolster the spine of the team with some quality. Ben Hall as the only back up's not going to cut it.

If you think we will be getting serious £s for Holts loan out then ok, we also havent turned down £1M for Mutch 

Holt will be going downwards, league 3 at best.

Overall, I dont think anyone is thinking wow about our signings so far but Id rather wait to see them play first before writing anyone off. The goalkeeper situation doesnt bother me bar the 2yr contract for Holt, we know little about him and who knows but 2yr is a worry. 

Its a worry tho we are hiring more and more staff on decent money and the playing squad is light, thats my biggest concern

35 minutes ago, jezobel said:

Aye to repeat yourself over and over again ya mad old kent.  Give it a fkn rest ya death eater. 

Minus 26 at the moment superstar. Good points, well made, and I will try to take them onboard. In the meantime, best if you concentrate on sentence structure, grammar, spelling and common sense as they need a bit of work. Don’t be discouraged though. Maybe worth keeping in mind that this isn’t 1998 and it isn’t the Airdrie Stomp. Off you pop.

51 minutes ago, 60`s bairn said:

That`s the guy, seen here with Housty

housty v leeds.jpg

Well found. Facially, not JC, but physically, pretty damn close.

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

#obsessed 

Honestly, it was the MC fiasco that got me watching with interest, now this has me watching like you do a car wreak on the road…obsessed, no…dejected at the fact that similar stories reoccur in fitba with regularity, and Raith have seen this script…

12 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington
Ross
Morrison Wilson Mcguffie

Will be our team for Tuesday I'd imagine assuming no more signings come in. 

Assuming Holt and Sneddon will be out on loan, it looks like another 4 or 5 players still to come in if we’re going with a squad of about 22.

I’d guess that would be Michael Ruth as rumoured, someone (or 2) to play the ‘8’ role in midfield, another defender and possibly another winger.

Unless these additions are significantly better quality, I think we’ll be fighting for playoffs at best.

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

Honestly, it was the MC fiasco that got me watching with interest, now this has me watching like you do a car wreak on the road…obsessed, no…dejected at the fact that similar stories reoccur in fitba with regularity, and Raith have seen this script…

15 lines about Luke Holt, detailing his schools etc etc... Is obsession

Guest Back Post Misses
7 hours ago, keithgy said:

I really don't understand the need to sign 2 keepers and the say we will send 1 out on loan,we are a joke of a club and the sooner the MSG f**k off the better,

I am no lover of the MSG but what has this got to do with them? 

So this Luke Holt bit is interesting. Who are the two Championship teams he’s reported as having spent a wee bit of time with? His U.S. college career was a maze of small, unimpressive schools…Northwest (Wyoming) College, Arizona Christian and Metropolitan State University-Denver. On the whole, that’s around about Tier Five or Six in U.S. Soccer…the top two are the professional levels, then there are a couple of higher level college groups. Honestly, I  doubt the level of competition he faced would be much above Fort William, if even that high. He skipped from school to school, so I find the idea he was on a scholarship laughable, and the idea that he’s coming in at 23 as a real contender at keeper is mental. I’ll say one thing for the FFC BoD and DoF, they are consistent in their distain for the fans.

With regards to the Scholarship side of things, it is possible to move between schools. My cousins laddie is currently on a basketball scholarship in the states. He spent his first year at Houston university and had a successful year and has now transferred to Chicago State University which is a high tier in terms of basketball level. I found this strange at first but my cousin explained that they are free to go up or down levels in the summer/off season just like most sports, as long as the university want you and funding is in place.
Technically you could play and study with a different school every year.

8 hours ago, keithgy said:

Not sure what relevance the former MSG have to do with the current issues at the club? 

9 hours ago, keithgy said:

One for the bench/dev team and to challenge mutch, and the other incase one of the other 2 get injured we can recall from loan where they have been involved in first team football? 

5 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

One for the bench/dev team and to challenge mutch, and the other incase one of the other 2 get injured we can recall from loan where they have been involved in first team football? 

He can obviously play for the Dev team and be on loan at a part time club. Think that loans can only be recalled and played during transfer windows though these days.

13 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He can obviously play for the Dev team and be on loan at a part time club. Think that loans can only be recalled and played during transfer windows though these days.

Cheers, im not 100% on the rules when it comes to that side of things but that just cements the fact that it makes complete sense having 3 goalkeepers on the books if they can all be involved in some capacity every week. Not sure why keithgy was so raging. Granted we all wanted a marquee singing announced but these positions had to be filled as well at some point.