The Falkirk FC Thread

Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough and Harry Redknapp all signed their sons.

It seems to me that some folks are being blinded to a signings ability based purely on the fact they have developed hatred for his father and not on any actual evidence of him playing.   A man should be allowed to do his job with dignity and not be abused by folks who have limited knowledge of the day to day running within the club.  

I ask how many of the folks in here who shoot their mouths of at our board have actually taken the opportunity to use the supplied email and contact them directly? Or is it easier to hide behind the anonymity of an online username.  

While you may not agree with signings, strategy etc, you have absolutely no right to verbally abuse another person behind their back.

5 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

It seems to me that some folks are being blinded to a signings ability based purely on the fact they have developed hatred for his father and not on any actual evidence of him playing.   A man should be allowed to do his job with dignity and not be abused by folks who have limited knowledge of the day to day running within the club.  

I ask how many of the folks in here who shoot their mouths of at our board have actually taken the opportunity to use the supplied email and contact them directly? Or is it easier to hide behind the anonymity of an online username.  

While you may not agree with signings, strategy etc, you have absolutely no right to verbally abuse another person behind their back.

Hiya Gary

21 minutes ago, HonestAl said:

Paddy Martin looks an excellent signing for us. Really the type we’d be pleased about in other areas (central defence, upfront, etc.).

Luke Holt looks a filler for the bench of the development team, as someone mentioned, couldn’t be costing us much of a wage and will be out on loan to a Junior Team (if such things exist anymore).

I’m inclined to give Sheerin the benefit of the doubt regarding Wilson as a squad player especially as we haven’t yet allocated the #9 shirt.  
Reading between the lines I think there is a striker coming in on a seasons loan. 
Keena, Dowds, Wilson plus 1 for 1, maybe 2 of the 3 places upfront looks about right.

The number 9 shirt will go to the striker from Aberdeen who can't score once they sign someone else. So we will have Keena, Dowds him and Wilson. Who collectively will get about 15 goals between them if we are lucky. 

7 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

By that logic you should not be speaking about anyone in a remotely negative way on this forum, find a way to speak to them directly and if you can’t just let them carry on ruining the club you love. No worries Gary 

13 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Alex Ferguson, Brian Clough, Harry Redknapp and Gary Holt all signed their sons.

edited

Can anyone spot the odd one out? You're comparing Gary Holt to those 3 managers? WTF.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

15 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Shut up you fanny.

3 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

What right does anybody have to verbally abuse another person? 

This is a written or text forum so nobody is abusing you verbally.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Bit bizarre seeing the outrage at the signings tbh, I don't think they're actually that bad if you look at them without emotion. Holt signing is son is obvious bait but aside from that it looks fine apart from a lack of high profile striker?

Presumably you're getting Ruth from Aberdeen on loan. And Keena, Dowds, and Ruth, on paper, is a strong collection of striking options for this level as you'll, presumably, only be playing one up front.

3 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

What right does anybody have to verbally abuse another person? 

I note the only person to have a go at the son is our resident Raith obsessive.

Everyone else has been destroying Holt Snr.

22 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Let's see. What's the difference between these three and Holt? Apart from the obvious. Ah yes, they were actual football managers. Their neck, their reputation, their job on the line if their signings didn't work out. Who do you think will be taking the flak and the fall if Holt's job-lot of signings turn out to be a bag of a shite? I'll give you a clue, it certainly won't be Gary Holt. 

Hate Holt? Nope. Hate the fact that that such an individual is involved in my football club. A big difference which you'd do very well to grasp.

5 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

This is a written forum so nobody is abusing you verbally.

In general, verbal communication refers to our use of words while nonverbal communication refers to communication that occurs through means other than words, such as body language, gestures, and silence

2 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

In general, verbal communication refers to our use of words while nonverbal communication refers to communication that occurs through means other than words, such as body language, gestures, and silence

I apologise, I confused verbal with oral.

I stand corrected.

Guest Caractacus Potts
58 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yes 

Doesn’t surprise me then seeing how other things are juiced up. Wonder what the real figure of ‘sold’ tickets is? 

11 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Bit bizarre seeing the outrage at the signings tbh, I don't think they're actually that bad if you look at them without emotion. Holt signing is son is obvious bait but aside from that it looks fine apart from a lack of high profile striker?

Presumably you're getting Ruth from Aberdeen on loan. And Keena, Dowds, and Ruth, on paper, is a strong collection of striking options for this level as you'll, presumably, only be playing one up front.

How many times have you watched Keena, Dowds or Michael 'Babe' Ruth over the last 12 months?

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

U12 STs make up 5%-10% of the total number per season I believe. Good investment for the future & is covered on a monetary basis from the sponsor (Ineos I think or could be someone else now). 

Don’t disagree that it’s a good investment. All for it. Just trying to ascertain what I’d say is the true number of tickets sold. If they include freebies then could technically hand out a couple of hundred to friends and family just to boost the numbers. Not saying that’s the case but just interested what the true figure is. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Just now, Marshmallo said:

How many times have you watched Keena, Dowds or Michael 'Babe' Ruth over the last 12 months?

This. How many goals did Keena and Dowds score last season? Pair of them are never properly fit either. With Wilson in the mix what a completely uninspiring front line

31 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

Anybody who has emotionally and financially invested in the club for a large part fo their lives whether they are 75, 50,25 or 15 have every right to voice their views on a football forum. I've seen nothing here recently you could consider verbal abuse (certainly nothing out of the norm).

Fans can ask what they want when they. I asked questions, one of which was answered (albeit poorly) at the Q&A.  The fact is we should have to be submitting questions via email to get fairly standard information that should be communicated to the fans anyway.

10 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Dowds and Keena are poor the latter will probably be injured more than he plays, Wilson well that's just a joke, and Ruth hasn't scored goals to suggest he's going to be any better. The rest of the signings apart from maybe the two full backs are meh. We needed at least five signings before today's that were better quality, we are now looking at maybe three who need to be. If the rest are along the same vein as what we have then we are doing absolutely nothing this season bar maybe trying to avoid the playoffs at the bottom end.