The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I understand your anger, truly, but maybe you could have donated it to a homeless shelter or a kids home for them to use or auctioned it off for charity?

Every cloud has a  silver lining and all that?

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Does it though given he was in on trial first and not just signed straight away? I'd imagine he's the one that will go out on loan so we'll see how capable he is when he does go out.

Maybe go out on loan and be on the bench for Dev team games.

Reserve keepers are normally a pretty meh signing that noone really takes that much notice of but Holt has still managed to make it controversial . Do you think he deliberately tries to rub folk up the wrong way or is it just a natural effect?

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

I'm amazed that we've somehow managed to shift 1500 season tickets for the coming season.

Reveal hidden contents

So glad I didn't buy one.

Asked before but obviously a lot of other stuff going on but do the free tickets get counted in that total? 

So this Luke Holt bit is interesting. Who are the two Championship teams he’s reported as having spent a wee bit of time with? His U.S. college career was a maze of small, unimpressive schools…Northwest (Wyoming) College, Arizona Christian and Metropolitan State University-Denver. On the whole, that’s around about Tier Five or Six in U.S. Soccer…the top two are the professional levels, then there are a couple of higher level college groups. Honestly, I  doubt the level of competition he faced would be much above Fort William, if even that high. He skipped from school to school, so I find the idea he was on a scholarship laughable, and the idea that he’s coming in at 23 as a real contender at keeper is mental. I’ll say one thing for the FFC BoD and DoF, they are consistent in their distain for the fans.

Guest Back Post Misses
9 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Asked before but obviously a lot of other stuff going on but do the free tickets get counted in that total? 

Yes 

50 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Does it though given he was in on trial first and not just signed straight away? I'd imagine he's the one that will go out on loan so we'll see how capable he is when he does go out.

We've literally just signed another goalkeeper, someone who appears to have been highly rated at his loan club and who I would expect to at least be competing on an even footing with Mutch to be No 1. Given that, and the glaring gaps that still exist in the squad, I'd be amazed if Sheerin has decided that chucking a two year contract at another keeper, with zero pedigree, and with a view to being loaned out, was any sort of priority. Short of him looking like the next Donnarumma or Neuer in training, he'd have vetoed it on optics alone, which he's intelligent enough to know are absolutely horrendous. Make him look a bit of a puppet unfortunately. Holt Jr will probably never play a minute of first team football for us and be scratching about for a new club this time next year. Waste of cash. Like his father.

13 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

U12 STs make up 5%-10% of the total number per season I believe. Good investment for the future & is covered on a monetary basis from the sponsor (Ineos I think or could be someone else now). 

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just because he's Holt's son doesn't mean he's shite. Holt will have got him the trial no doubt but Sheerin and the goalkeeping coach will have made the final decision on him. It's an annoying signing and a PR nightmare when everyone's questioning the value Holt adds just now but we've not seen him play yet so for all we know he may be a cracking goalkeeper.

He was brought in towards the end of last season and deemed not good enough to challenge Mutch or Cantley for that matter. Goalkeeper coach at the time with M&M made the decision. Fast forward. Get rid of the goalkeeping coach, appoint another one(his good friend from his old club) and suddenly then his son has developed enough to earn a 2 year deal FFS. 

I said previously this signing would happen. Holt really needs to do one.

On the positive Paddy Martin won’t let you down if called upon. 

Paddy Martin looks an excellent signing for us. Really the type we’d be pleased about in other areas (central defence, upfront, etc.).

Luke Holt looks a filler for the bench of the development team, as someone mentioned, couldn’t be costing us much of a wage and will be out on loan to a Junior Team (if such things exist anymore).

I’m inclined to give Sheerin the benefit of the doubt regarding Wilson as a squad player especially as we haven’t yet allocated the #9 shirt.  
Reading between the lines I think there is a striker coming in on a seasons loan. 
Keena, Dowds, Wilson plus 1 for 1, maybe 2 of the 3 places upfront looks about right.

On 07/07/2021 at 19:26, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Holt will bring his son back in to sit on the bench and pay him 50k a season as well. Holt is killing FFC and needs to go.

Called it perfectly - we have a new ITK ladies and gents. 

Holt GTF