The Falkirk FC Thread

44 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Wait a minute?!

A week or so ago we had 16 signed players and Sheerin said that we were looking to sign another goalkeeper and and an outfield player to bring us up to a signed squad of 18 players, right? Then suddenly we sign a forward and 2 goalkeepers, one of whom is Holt's son?

Fucking stinks!

This just shows it’s holt making the signings rather than sheerin. 

1 minute ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

This just shows it’s holt making the signings rather than sheerin. 

Just because he's Holt's son doesn't mean he's shite. Holt will have got him the trial no doubt but Sheerin and the goalkeeping coach will have made the final decision on him. It's an annoying signing and a PR nightmare when everyone's questioning the value Holt adds just now but we've not seen him play yet so for all we know he may be a cracking goalkeeper.

3 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just because he's Holt's son doesn't mean he's shite. Holt will have got him the trial no doubt but Sheerin and the goalkeeping coach will have made the final decision on him. 

"Eh boss, it's about your son, we don't think he's good enough and we're not going to sign him".

Aye, right.

Paddy Martin is an exceptional young keeper. He will certainly establish himself as number one ahead of the hapless Mutch and likely to go on and play at a far higher level over the next few years.

Good luck to the kid.

19 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just because he's Holt's son doesn't mean he's shite. Holt will have got him the trial no doubt but Sheerin and the goalkeeping coach will have made the final decision on him. It's an annoying signing and a PR nightmare when everyone's questioning the value Holt adds just now but we've not seen him play yet so for all we know he may be a cracking goalkeeper.

There's one person making the decisions on who is being signed by Falkirk Football Club. It isn't Sheerin, beyond his one token signing of a fringe Cove Rangers player.

17 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

His son is shite and has only been signed because his Dad is DOF. Do you know Holt tried to sign his son for Falkirk in March time? This has actually been on the horizon for a while which will horrify more of our fans. M&M even knew he wasn't good enough and the club realised it was a PR disaster. Fast forward a few months and we've decided to sign him. Falkirk is an embarrassment of a club and I warned everyone how bad Holt would be in January. This will lead to the club losing more season ticket sales. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

There's one person making the decisions on who is being signed by Falkirk Football Club. It isn't Sheerin, beyond his one token signing of a fringe Cove Rangers player.

If you believe that then you also must believe Holt's the one that convinced Mccann to sign which I don't think he's capable of. Sheerin will have the final say on the players as ultimately it's his head that will hang if the team isn't performing well. 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

If you believe that then you also must believe Holt's the one that convinced Mccann to sign which I don't think he's capable of. Sheerin will have the final say on the players as ultimately it's his head that will hang if the team isn't performing well. 

That makes it even more of a concern. If sheerin thinks Ben hall is a player them god help us.

3 minutes ago, MS RR said:

His son is shite and has only been signed because his Dad is DOF. Do you know Holt tried to sign his son for Falkirk in March time? This has actually been on the horizon for a while which will horrify more of our fans. M&M even knew he wasn't good enough and the club realised it was a PR disaster. Fast forward a few months and we've decided to sign him. Falkirk is an embarrassment of a club and I warned everyone how bad Holt would be in January. This will lead to the club losing more season ticket sales. 

As much as I hate the signing and everything about it, the boy has just came back from an American scholarship can you please show us evidence of him being shite? Or is it source ‘trust me bro’? 

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

It's got nothing to do with what I believe, recruitment falls within his remit as Sporting Director. Holt provides the players. Sheerin works with them on a daily basis. If Holt had to defer to the Head Coach in relation to transfers he would not have had the authority to sign five players on contracts well before the Head Coach, and his preferred formation and style of play, had even been identified. Sheerin actually made reference to the players Holt had signed for the club in his first interview. Holt signs them. Sheerin coaches them. That's the deal, as Sheerin presumably would have been well aware when he agreed to take the job.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That makes it even more of a concern. If sheerin thinks Ben hall is a player them god help us.

There were players already signed before he was announced Sheerin's already said that himself. He also said going forward he'd have the final say.

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

It's got nothing to do with what I believe, recruitment falls within his remit as Sporting Director. Holt provides the players. Sheerin works with them on a daily basis. If Holt had to defer to the Head Coach in relation to transfers he would not have had the authority to sign five players on contracts well before the Head Coach, and his preferred formation and style of play, had even been identified. Sheerin actually made reference to the players Holt had signed for the club in his first interview. Holt signs them. Sheerin coaches them. That's the deal, as Sheerin presumably would have been well aware when he agreed to take the job.

Tbf Sheerin stated that players needed to be signed before he arrived otherwise we’d miss out, but did say in the same interview or potentially the one after that the final decisions on players was down to him. 

5 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Sheerin did make reference to those signings and said Holt had already brought them in to stop the club from falling behind on the transfer front. He then went on to say that he'd have the final decision on the players coming in going forward. He'll go to Holt and say what he's after and Holt would come to him with options. The options Holt seems to have been providing aren't exactly high calibre which is most likely why Sheerin's felt the need to sign Jaime Wilson. But we'll all see for ourselves what the new signings look like on Tuesday.

Edited by FFC 1876

19 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

As much as I hate the signing and everything about it, the boy has just came back from an American scholarship can you please show us evidence of him being shite? Or is it source ‘trust me bro’? 

Given he's never had a good word to say on here about anything I'm guessing it's the 'trust me bro' as how can he have ever seen him play given the boys been in America on a scholarship the last 4 years. 

7 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Sheerin did make reference to those signings and said Holt had already brought them in to stop the club from falling behind on the transfer front. He then went on to say that he'd have the final decision on the players coming in going forward. He'll go to Holt and say what he's after and Holt would come to him with options. The options Holt seems to have been providing aren't exactly high calibre which is most likely why Sheerin's felt the need to sign Jaime Wilson. But we'll all see for ourselves what the new signings look like on Tuesday.

Sheerin may have said it. A two-year deal being chucked the way of Holt's son exposes the veracity of that statement.

3 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Sheerin may have said it. A two-year deal being chucked the way of Holt's son exposes the veracity of that statement.

Does it though given he was in on trial first and not just signed straight away? I'd imagine he's the one that will go out on loan so we'll see how capable he is when he does go out.