The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

When did Gary Holt become this absolute fucking comic book level character? From his stupid interviews talking in riddles to his aloof attitude and insulting attitude towards fans, we now move to p***king about on a nonsense podcast in what should be the busiest time of the year and signing up his laddie.

Why is this man in a position of influence? Whats the real fucking story here? Is he just bullying the tea and scone committee now?

He was the same when he was with us as manager. Just a genuinely strange individual. Absolutely bonkers to bring him back and even more so to put him in a position of influence.

At some point you have to think that Rawlins plan for selling on players has some connection to the two and three year deals. I just don’t see how they would reasonably expect any of the shower of shite they’ve signed to draw any offers, but…

Is there an indication that any, if not all, of the two and three year deals they’ve been tossing around like confetti are conditional in any way? Promotion, relegation, performance, option or otherwise? It’s quite puzzling, as a couple of the trialists we’ve seen in Raith’s friendlies certainly would seem to be a decent (and inexpensive) fit for some of Falkirk’s concerns. If Falkirk’s operations and scouting have been “upgraded”, as Holt suggests, something appears to be badly wrong if they aren’t looking at players other teams are evaluating during publicly televised games.

Guest Back Post Misses
32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wife has bought me a season ticket for my birthday 😟😖😭

She wants shot of you 

Edited by Back Post Misses

3 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

Our recruitment out with the two full backs is embarrassingly bad.

Appreciate in the grand scheme of things it’s not a world beater signing but I think that statement is unfair on Hetherington. Been a consistent performer at a level higher than what we are currently at for a good number of years now. 

6 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Appreciate in the grand scheme of things it’s not a world beater signing but I think that statement is unfair on Hetherington. Been a consistent performer at a level higher than what we are currently at for a good number of years now. 

You maybe have a point there. He’s not one I’m disappointed with but the rest are not the standard required imo. 

Wait a minute?!

A week or so ago we had 16 signed players and Sheerin said that we were looking to sign another goalkeeper and and an outfield player to bring us up to a signed squad of 18 players, right? Then suddenly we sign a forward and 2 goalkeepers, one of whom is Holt's son?

Fucking stinks!

Jeeeeesus feckin Christ!

Being realistic and in the situation that we're in I didn't really expect any 'names', so I'll give Wilson the benefit of the doubt and hope that he can give us something that we don't expect. I desperately hope that Sheerin sees something in him that he feels he can develop and that he's not bowed to pressure from Holt to sign him!

We obviously needed a 'keeper for back-up and to challenge Mutch but just why do we need another one on top? Martin sounds like a capable player if we accept what the Stenny fan is saying so I hope it's Holt that goes out on loan. I don't expect he'll be earning very much (better not be) but it's still taking cash away from the budget which is completely mental!

I gave myself today as a deadline to buy a ST and have decided not to renew, not just because of the situation with the club but also because I don't know if I would even get in and I discovered last season that I hate watching us on the telly live. I'm just a bag of nerves. 

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

At some point you have to think that Rawlins plan for selling on players has some connection to the two and three year deals. I just don’t see how they would reasonably expect any of the shower of shite they’ve signed to draw any offers, but…

Is there an indication that any, if not all, of the two and three year deals they’ve been tossing around like confetti are conditional in any way? Promotion, relegation, performance, option or otherwise? It’s quite puzzling, as a couple of the trialists we’ve seen in Raith’s friendlies certainly would seem to be a decent (and inexpensive) fit for some of Falkirk’s concerns. If Falkirk’s operations and scouting have been “upgraded”, as Holt suggests, something appears to be badly wrong if they aren’t looking at players other teams are evaluating during publicly televised games.

They mentioned in our Q&A there had been a change to highly incentivised contracts and along with that I assume there's clauses in each of them to allow us to get rid if we don't go up this year. They also mentioned we'd be running with a squad of 18(We have 19 now with 1 goalkeeper to go out on loan)so that will most likely be us done on the permanent signing front unless that stance has changed. 3/4 loans to come in with a few most likely from Aberdeen given Sheerin's connections. 10 new signings for the summer so far and there still seems to be a lack of quality up top and in the centre of the park. Hopefully a centre back, centre mid and striker to come in as loans.

Paddy Martin - 2 year deal - gets a good write up from Stenhousemuir fans so hopefully he'll be competing with Mutch for a starting place.

Luke Holt - 2 year deal - will most likely be the goalkeeper going out on loan and although it's frustrating it's Holt's son that doesn't make him a bad goalkeeper so we'll see.

Ryan Williamson - 2 year deal - excellent signing for this level and should improve our attacking threat.

Brad Mckay - 3 year deal - Donkey but a hardworking donkey who's hopefully fine in beside Dixon.

Leon Mccann - 3 year deal - The best looking signing of the lot as he was terrific for Aidrie last season and again should give us more of a threat going forward.

Steven Hetherington - 2 year deal - Alloa fans had nothing but good words to say about him and seems on the face of it a solid defensive midfielder who can also play a bit.

Seb Ross - 2 year deal - Has failed to prove himself yet at first team level but looks to like to play as the 10 and make runs in behind the defence which is something different from the midfielders we currently have.

Craig Mcguffie - 2 year deal - Again still to properly prove himself but quite a few Morton fans would have happily kept him on for this season so hopefully can provide a bit of creative spark we're missing.

Aidan Nesbitt - 2 year deal - Has went backwards since his first stint at Morton but there's definitely a player in there. He'll be exciting but frustrating just like Morrison was last year. Very capable of beating a man he just needs to get the final ball right.

Jaime Wilson - 2 year deal - the most uninspiring of the lot, 2 goals in the league for Dumbarton last season but we've unfortunately got to trust Sheerin's judgement on this one as he's had plenty time to have a look at him in training and in the games.

If there was any doubt about how unsuitable Gary Holt is for DOF it's now been completely confirmed. Signing his own son is outrageous! Holt is using money that our fans contribute to the club to help his son who's obviously at a loose end and isn't good enough to be a pro. The signings have been shockingly bad but signing Holt's son is disgraceful and shows that our DOF is putting his family interests before the interests of the club. 

Please don't buy into this joke of a regime. We don't need it to play out to know it's going to fail miserably.  

Edited by MS RR

1 hour ago, MS RR said:

If there was any doubt about how unsuitable Gary Holt is for DOF it's now been completely confirmed. Signing his own son is outrageous! Holt is using money that our fans contribute to the club to help his son who's obviously at a lose end and isn't good enough to be a pro. The signings have been shockingly bad but signing Holt's son is disgraceful and shows that our DOF is putting his family interests before the interests of the club. 

Please don't buy into this joke of a regime. We don't need it to play out to know it's going to fail miserably.  

Aye, I didn't quite get why folk were so against Holt as I couldn't really remember anything too bad in his previous spell with us or since. In fact, even in post match interviews with Livingston he seemed quite laid back and pretty humble but he's certainly not covered himself in glory since his return.

From the team being even worse than under M&M, his strange interview with FTV when he looked pished, (I'm thinking he might have been on meds or something) to his quite aloof appearance at the Q&A and now signing his own laddie, therefore taking money from the 1st team budget, when it wasn't necessary. He must surely have known how that would go down with the fan base!

My wife usually buys my season for our wedding anniversary but this year I went for the Phillips Perfectdraft instead. A lovely pint in the house, i'm sure it will give me more pleasure than freezing my arse off at TFS watching shite.