The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, ilostmyself said:
6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:
For what it's worth, Paddy Martin was very good at Stenhousemuir last season and was probably our Player of the Year.

Do you think he has the potential to challenge Mutch for the jersey this season?

Yes. Paddy Martin made a boob in one of his first matches for the club, failing to cover his post in a 1-1 draw with Cowdenbeath, but he was tremendous for us after that. I suppose the biggest compliment I can pay him is that I always felt confident whenever the ball went near him - cross balls, free-kicks, clearances - and never doubted he would come out on top. I think his back four all felt the same way too. Good handler, solid distribution. No real standout attributes but that's all you really need in the lower leagues.

The impression I always got from Robbie Mutch is that after the initial run of good performances, he tailed off to the point where he should have been dropped but the lack of a credible alternative hindered that. Martin should push him on.

No idea what Luke Holt is like but the unpopular Sporting Director signing up his dumpling boy on a two-year deal is not a good look, hombre!

6 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Holt clearly has all the power so what’s the point of Sheerin ??

He needs someone to take the blame when we stink the place out again this season.

Yes. Paddy Martin made a boob in one of his first matches for the club, failing to cover his post in a 1-1 draw with Cowdenbeath, but he was tremendous for us after that. I suppose the biggest compliment I can pay him is that I always felt confident whenever the ball went near him - cross balls, free-kicks, clearances - and never doubted he would come out on top. I think his back four all felt the same way too. Good handler, solid distribution. No real standout attributes but that's all you really need in the lower leagues.
The impression I always got from Robbie Mutch is that after the initial run of good performances, he tailed off to the point where he should have been dropped but the lack of a credible alternative hindered that. Martin should push him on.
No idea what Luke Holt is like but the unpopular Sporting Director signing up his dumpling boy on a two-year deal is not a good look, hombre!

Cheers for that and you've nailed it with Mutch, not really kicked on anything like we'd hoped for at all. Hopefully Martin signing will give him the boot up the arse he needs or will displace him.
Genuinely think Gary Holt hates us and thinks we're all morons, his tenure so far has been pretty wild.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:

Cheers for that and you've nailed it with Mutch, not really kicked on anything like we'd hoped for at all. Hopefully Martin signing will give him the boot up the arse he needs or will displace him.
Genuinely think Gary Holt hates us and thinks we're all morons, his tenure so far has been pretty wild.

He’s definitely trolling us at this point.

6 minutes ago, Francesc Fabregas said:

That sounds a bit more promising. A goalkeeper performing well in L2 should more than capable of being good in L1. Goalkeeper not as league level dependent as other positions

this is what happens when you have a board that thinks they are untouchable.  didn't like the q&a and haven't liked the way things have gone since. 

it'll be interesting to see how they enjoy it when fans are back at games and if results don't go as well as needed.

it's sheerin I feel sorry for 

When did Gary Holt become this absolute fucking comic book level character? From his stupid interviews talking in riddles to his aloof attitude and insulting attitude towards fans, we now move to p***king about on a nonsense podcast in what should be the busiest time of the year and signing up his laddie.

Why is this man in a position of influence? Whats the real fucking story here? Is he just bullying the tea and scone committee now?