The Falkirk FC Thread

I can see the uptake of season tickets slowing down a fair bit soon, big drive from the club was guaranteeing the first 1000 entry to the first game then the remainder having guaranteed entry to the game directly after. That confirmation will have drawn in a good few, including me.

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

I can see the uptake of season tickets slowing down a fair bit soon, big drive from the club was guaranteeing the first 1000 entry to the first game then the remainder having guaranteed entry to the game directly after. That confirmation will have drawn in a good few, including me.

That's where the 6 box office signings need to come into play. Announce them all on the same day. One every hour.

34 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry, thought we were talking season long loan deals? As far as I’m aware those examples were shorter term? Always going to be a risk of not getting them back if it’s a shorter loan, be it going back to the parent club or on loan to another club at a higher level or willing to pay up more money. 

Doesn't matter whether it's a short term deal or for the season the parent club can call them back in January if they so wish. McManus for example was a year long deal and yet county could call him back in January and hold us to ransom over the cost of having him for the second half of the season. That's the big problem.  

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Looks like we are on the way to be well managed behind the scenes.  But what's the point if we are still a disaster on the pitch.  A well managed omnishambles is still a laughing stock.  Compared to this time last year we have even more to worry about the team.  Falkirk is not primarily a business, it's a football club.  I couldn't give a monkey's if we have world class staff in the office, only the players who pull on a shirt.

Things look like they're coming together off the park - if we only had someone in the sporting director role other than Holt I'd be more than happy with how things are shaping up in that regard. 

A few quality signings now and I might start to feel quite positive.  

1 hour ago, Hughsie said:

At the risk of sounding negative here - please don’t read this as that - but can anyone explain to me why McGivern’s appointment is so great? Is that the guy’s background professionally?

You won’t be saying that when he announces the return of the ‘Saltcoats Seven’ with Colin McNair as Head of Sports Science.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Things look like they're coming together off the park - if we only had someone in the sporting director role other than Holt I'd be more than happy with how things are shaping up in that regard. 

Uh oh... take that back (Wilson 😭)

had a good 30seconds of positivity there

Just now, Proudtobeabairn said:

I think we can tell from that latest signing what the rest are going to be like.  Fecking honking.