The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
1 hour ago, Stainrod said:

I agree but we should have enough quality to stuff them - I’m sure we will see some new additions soon enough ! 

This squad couldn’t stuff a fucking turkey 

Guest Back Post Misses
40 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

4372DD4B-7094-49CE-AE46-A80D58F8399C.jpeg

At last an admission the squad is short. Just what has Holt being doing ? 

Holt’s remit has been to bring in a scout (who also works for other clubs) so that he can distance himself from anything to do with the squad (other than being given the near impossible task of reading the yet unappointed new Head Coach’s mind). 

He has successfully managed to shift the current squad onto Sheerin, and will now be working on the scout to accept responsibility for the lack of decent signings in the last week or two.  Job done. Next.

4 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Sheerin is planning on playing 4-3-3 we might only sign one more striker

Absolutely vital he gets it right 

Holt will absolutely love comments like this.

7 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

If Sheerin is planning on playing 4-3-3 we might only sign one more striker

Absolutely vital he gets it right 

We need at least 2 strikers in especially with Keena out injured.

I'd be astounded if we don't bring in 2 strikers.  

I'm genuinely not as stressed as most seem to be (yet) about the squad.  I may well end up that way when the final signings are made mind you.  The next few signings need to be better than whats there but the league doesn't kick off till 31st and league should be what all the focus is on this year.  

I don't agree that the best signings are necessarily made early. Great if you can tie up targets early but when in League 1 we might need to end up being someone who is still thinking they can get a team at a higher levels last resort.  That might mean picking up quality later when options for those players are running low.. its hardly ideal but its  where we are atm.  

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

When Kevin McAllister skinned Frankie Gray Scotlands left back all game.

Then that fight in the Railway Bar after the game with the Leeds hard men found out they were not as hard as they thought.

🤔🤔🤷

36 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'd be astounded if we don't bring in 2 strikers.  

I'm genuinely not as stressed as most seem to be (yet) about the squad.  I may well end up that way when the final signings are made mind you.  The next few signings need to be better than whats there but the league doesn't kick off till 31st and league should be what all the focus is on this year.  

I don't agree that the best signings are necessarily made early. Great if you can tie up targets early but when in League 1 we might need to end up being someone who is still thinking they can get a team at a higher levels last resort.  That might mean picking up quality later when options for those players are running low.. its hardly ideal but its  where we are atm.  

Problem is at this time in the window it's just the dross that are left without a team. Holt's already made his big moves in the transfer market which is enough to give anyone the fear.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem is at this time in the window it's just the dross that are left without a team. Holt's already made his big moves in the transfer market which is enough to give anyone the fear.

Could you not argue that it’ll be the loan market that’s gona make or break our season? Rather than signing the “dross” we bring in 4 who we wouldn’t be able to sign permanently.

Granted our use of the loan market is terrifying but if you look a previous years it’s been players like McManus, Jamie Gullan, Bruce Anderson etc who have been the standout signings at our level.

3 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wasn't fancied at Partick last season they even sent him back early from his loan, I don't think he's the answer. He'll end up at Queens Park no doubt.

Signed for Airdrie. I hope you're right and I'm wrong re whether he's good enough. 

37 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I remember standing on the Hope Street End watching the Leeds fans dreeping down from the stand and then running towards us thinking what the f**k is this 🤣🤣

I was only about 10 at the time and have a vivid memory of every Leeds fan either being a skinhead or wearing a Fila track top !!

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I remember standing on the Hope Street End watching the Leeds fans dreeping down from the stand and then running towards us thinking what the f**k is this 🤣🤣

That was early eighties I think. Looking at that photo, the Leeds number 5 looks very like Jackie Charlton. Obviously not as Charlton had packed playing in the early 70s, but from that image, the guy looks very like the big guy.

The big talking point is a striker but I actually think we are short pretty much all over the pitch as it stands.

Defensively, we need at least 1 more in as atm Hall is perilously close to starting at centre half and Miller is our only back up at right back.

In midfield we have no one to play the number 8 position in a 4-3-3- our only  options atm are Miller and Ross. 

And perish the thought that Dixon, Telfer or Morrison get injured for any length of time as the other options in those positions are pretty terrifying.

1 hour ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The big talking point is a striker but I actually think we are short pretty much all over the pitch as it stands.

Defensively, we need at least 1 more in as atm Hall is perilously close to starting at centre half and Miller is our only back up at right back.

In midfield we have no one to play the number 8 position in a 4-3-3- our only  options atm are Miller and Ross. 

And perish the thought that Dixon, Telfer or Morrison get injured for any length of time as the other options in those positions are pretty terrifying.

I don't think Hall will start if Sheerin plans to play a back 4, more likely McKay & Dixon as centre backs. 

I think they've probably been trying to get players in on loan but clubs are possibly not willing to let the better fringe players go ATM until they see what they can bring in themselves. There hasn't been a huge amount of loan deals done so far really. For example, I'd love to see Hamilton coming to us from Livingston but they're a bit short up front as Reilly is fucked, JET has gone to Aberdeen and they've let Poplatnik go to Raith so, if they don't bring somebody else in, they'll probably want to hang on to him.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

4372DD4B-7094-49CE-AE46-A80D58F8399C.jpeg

The fact the words "top up" are used gives you the fear that some of the trialists are more to the forefront of additions than anything else. If that is the train of thought then it's not only an absolute disgrace, get the season in the bin already and start planning for part time football next season.  Gary Miller, Ben Hall, Anton Dowds have never been great they have been fucking dugshite, and will continue to be.