The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Back Post Misses
5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’m delighted that the Rawlins seem to be putting staff and infrastructure in place to achieve their long term aims for the club.

But the bottom line is that there’s no point having a head of performance or chief executive if we’re going to be stuck in league 1 for the foreseeable future. Which is a real possibility imo with the squad as it stands. 

There seems to be a huge mismatch between the improvement that’s taking place off the pitch and the quality that’s coming into the playing squad. I can’t understand why we’re about to start the season with Hall, Miller, Ross and Dowds in the team when there are seemingly unlimited funds available to pay staff.

The focus is far too much on the infrastructure without telling shareholders or supporters how it will be funded. How much is all that costing us? Yet we still look way short on the football front as it stands. 
He says the place was a shambles when he arrived and in the same breath the Board are the best he has worked with in 21 years. Those two statements completely contradict each other. 
The next excuse we will hear is they are a new Board bit but let’s not forget this group of Directors have been working with Deans in the background for a year before being appointed. 

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The focus is far too much on the infrastructure without telling shareholders or supporters how it will be funded. How much is all that costing us? Yet we still look way short on the football front as it stands. 
He says the place was a shambles when he arrived and in the same breath the Board are the best he has worked with in 21 years. Those two statements completely contradict each other. 
The next excuse we will hear is they are a new Board bit but let’s not forget this group of Directors have been working with Deans in the background for a year before being appointed. 

‘MSG’ clearly shouldering the blame?

I wouldn’t say the two statements are mutually exclusive as you suggest btw, whether it’s accurate / fair / bodes well enough of course is another question entirely 

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I presume we have something planned in for this coming Saturday? It would be astonishing if we went 10 days without a match before the first competitive fixture starts. 

As we were planning on playing tonight I doubt we'd have arranged something for Saturday, probably wanted to just give them a weeks worth of training before the first competitive game.

Don't understand why they don't just play 7 a side between themselves tonight and stick it on Falkirk TV. Mutch in one goal and any many in the other.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 minute ago, FFC 1876 said:

As we were planning on playing tonight I doubt we'd have arranged something for Saturday, probably wanted to just give them a weeks worth of training before the first competitive game.

Don't understand why they don't just play 6 a side between themselves tonight and stick it on Falkirk TV. Mutch in one goal and any many in the other.

Even just a game against a group of the guys who are maybe showing the most potential for the development team would do. It would be good to get a look at those guys as well.

30 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Don't understand why they don't just play 7 a side between themselves tonight and stick it on Falkirk TV. Mutch in one goal and any many in the other.

That would be truly tragic. If someone decided to watch that over the European Championship semi final, they’d need their head looked at

Guest Caractacus Potts
10 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Re the first part, you've misinterpreted what I said. Which is my fault, not yours, as I didn't word it very clearly. Let me fix that. 

I highlighted the fact that Arbroath had commented on the game being cancelled. The part about it being pulled at their request is my own belief. I mentioned it as there seemed to be an assumption that Falkirk were somehow at fault. They weren't. No-one was. 

Last season FFC were twice planned to play Edinburgh City in friendlies at different times of the year. Both games were pulled. I could be wrong on the details, but I think both were down to injuries and that each club initiated the cancellations once. A week and a half ago FFC were due to play Cowdenbeath in a friendly. They pulled out and Irvine Meadow stepped in. The Foundation team that I help have had three games cancelled in the last six weeks, or at least they will have by the time Sunday arrives. 

Not one of these has been done to screw ups. Just changes in circumstances. 

You gave a definitive answer so didn’t leave much room for misinterpretation.

On the examples you gave, did one of the teams confirm the fixture to the fans whilst the other one didn’t mention it at all till 4 hours after it was cancelled despite a flurry of SM posts? 

As DF says it’s not the end of the World but was just trying to ascertain why it was called off. Given what’s been happening at the club I don’t get why some on here think the club is incapable of trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes. We’ve already seen the board try that before.

Not creating fake drama when pointing out things that don’t add up. If it smells like BS, it probably is. 

Anyway, the season starts next week so will need to wait till then before getting a glimpse of the team. 

42 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Blues v Whites Brockville style 

Used to enjoy those. I remember as a kid in the 60`s watching  preseason 5 a side competitions with Celtic, Motherwell St Mirren etc all taking part.

Attached a couple of pics from the last "Blues v Whites I remember attending.

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Surely we'll see a few signings in before Tuesday's game. Yes we don't want signings rushed but we've not even got a back up goalkeeper.

I genuinely think this is a cost saving measure. Get somebody in a week before the season starts to fill the space. We seem to have done that for a few years now.

I imagine it will be whoever gets the nod for the development team will be our back up keeper.

1 hour ago, 60`s bairn said:

Used to enjoy those. I remember as a kid in the 60`s watching  preseason 5 a side competitions with Celtic, Motherwell St Mirren etc all taking part.

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Great photos G. I remember being at a couple in the late 90s. 

2 hours ago, 60`s bairn said:

PICT0020.jpg

PICT0023.jpg

Think it's Tommy O'Hara in the top pic with Arthur Grant in Navy and possibly Billy Stevenson in the bottom one. Don't recognise the 'keeper; maybe a trialist?

51 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Think it's Tommy O'Hara in the top pic with Arthur Grant in Navy and possibly Billy Stevenson in the bottom one. Don't recognise the 'keeper; maybe a trialist?

Spot on with Tommy O`Hara and Arthur Grant. Don`t know who the others are.

10 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Personally I’m delighted that the Rawlins seem to be putting staff and infrastructure in place to achieve their long term aims for the club.

But the bottom line is that there’s no point having a head of performance or chief executive if we’re going to be stuck in league 1 for the foreseeable future. Which is a real possibility imo with the squad as it stands. 

There seems to be a huge mismatch between the improvement that’s taking place off the pitch and the quality that’s coming into the playing squad. I can’t understand why we’re about to start the season with Hall, Miller, Ross and Dowds in the team when there are seemingly unlimited funds available to pay staff.

We are proabably spending more on the infrastructure than we are in the squad, which is an absolute nonsense when it comes to a team in the 3rd tier in Scotland.

If we are going to appoint a CEO, I would imagine that his salary would be more than Holt's. Given that Holt is rumoured to be on £50k, this begs the question, where do we cut our cloth ?  It looks as though it will be on the playing side, which in turn means we are likely to be stuck in Div3 for another season.  Over £100k for 2 non playing staff ???..... and that doesn't even count the manager, probably the most important person at the club in these trying times ...ffs !

For a club the size of Falkirk, this is totally unacceptable.  if the Rawlins and Deans think this is the way forward, they sure have a strange way of going about it.

As for infrastructure in place, it's almost identical to what we were like with George Craig and Craig Campbell and see how those time ended up !

Edited by Zbairn

21 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Management and Staff                                                                            Players

Gary Holt (Sporting Director)                                                                  Robbie Mutch

Paul Sheerin (Head Coach)                                                                      Paul Dixon

Danny Grainger (Assistant Head Coach)                                           Blair Sneddon

Tony Caig (Goalkeeping Coach)                                                              Ryan Williamson

Liam Corr (Head of analysis)                                                                    Ben Hall

Ian Fergus (Head of the development squad)                                  Brad McKay

Alan Fraser (Scout)                                                                                       Leon McCann

Graeme Henderson(Head of performance)                                       Callumn Morrison

Rachel Gillen (Physio)                                                                                   Steven Hetherington

Robert Lochhead (Kit Manager)                                                             Gary Miller

Bobby Wilson (volunteer?) (Asst Kitman)                                             Aidan Nesbitt

Sam McGivern (Commercial Executive)                                                Charlie Telfer

Sharon McGuire (Commercial)                                                                  Craig McGuffie

Keith Hogg (Operations Manager)                                                         Seb Ross

Allan Dick (Safeguarding Officer)                                                           Aidan Keena

Andy Thomson (Disability Access)                                                        Anton Dowds

Jacqueline Galbraith (Retail manager)

Victoria Logan (Finance)

Laura Craig(Ticketing)

Adam Ouakli (media)

Andrew Macleod (media)

I know that we need management and staff behind the scenes but more backroom staff than players?

This at least confirms that Fraser is working for us again as a scout.  From what's been said he seems to have been involved during the Yogi years and with some decent clubs.  

Let's hope his input is having an influence on the delay to sign more players.  (ie he maybe has contacts he's trying to work?)