The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wow not favourites, Alloa and QP the same price as us. Looks like the Bookies can see our squad is shite too 

88B3ED44-465D-4F3E-BD52-9CA7D469097B.jpeg

We can but dream the bookies are right. Cove have strengthen and importantly kept key players. Our midfield is looking very strong for this level and we have Mitch to bang in the goals. Another quality striker, either permanent signing or loanee and I'd feel very happy with our squad.

Still over 3 weeks until the season starts and a lot of transfer activity could happen between now and then. I certainly think Falkirk will sign a few others. Sheerin does need to get the next few right it would seem. 

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

that makes very sad and grim reading and you can't argue with it either as things stand

No and you wouldn't bet against us being about 3rd or 4th either. Surprised Airdrie are so far out, I expect them to be pushing for playoffs again.

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Perhaps something to do with Arbroath having 3 games since last Wednesday.

That’s why I wondered why they’d have organised this friendly in the first place. Didn’t even announce it by the looks of things. 

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

No. 

Somebody has as Arbroath have never had it listed on their site as a pre-season friendly, and they haven’t mentioned it being cancelled either. So from Arbroath’s side of the fence, it doesn’t look as if the fixture ever existed.

Having had a look at the Arbroath P&B thread, there’s no mention of the game there either.

Will our improved communication offer up a reason? Nah, didn’t think so.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Somebody has as Arbroath have never had it listed on their site as a pre-season friendly, and they haven’t mentioned it being cancelled either. So from Arbroath’s side of the fence, it doesn’t look as if the fixture ever existed.

Was at the stadium on Sunday when my ammy team enquired if we would be on the main pitch or the community pitch for training this Wednesday and the response was that Falkirk had a game but "was to be confirmed" so we'd most likely be on the community pitch.  It seems a bit funny. 

Granted there may be an innocent reason why its not happening but the way things are at the moment, its hard to paint anything in a positive light that comes out of the club. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
7 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It was certainly confirmed on our site (gone now) but never even mentioned on Arbroath’s site.

I’m waiting on Bainsford to explain why. I checked Arbroaths P and B page too and never any word about the fixture there.