The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Understood, I couldn't start to guesstimate the compensation amounts.

I was reading it would be 6 figures.  Which would rule out most Championship clubs and every club below.

39 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Lost his way poor guy. Looked a Scotland player in the making when he first broke through. Reminded me of a Hearts player from decades ago Tommy Harrison had everything to reach the top and it imploded.

Tommy Harrison is the same age as me. Played against him at u16 when ICI played Salvesen. He was outstanding even then - pretty sure Fergie wanted him at Man Utd but he chose Hearts.

47 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are attracting the standard of players our level merits.  Would anybody want to go and work for a firm that has a despised board of directors a reputation for sacking management. Getting rid of employees. Treating the customer base with disrespect.

Of course not ! You would politely decline their invitation and tell them to stuff it.

We will be the go to place for those that have no other choice. As shown on the signings to date and even then 2 - 3 years contracts to tempt them.

That is the reality of the situation and girning about it ain't going to change it.

So you also agree that the team looks pish?

Andy Irving's footballing abilities weren't appreciated by our support due to the absolute honking players he had to play in beside. I'm not surprised he made his way into the Hearts starting line up and has now moved on elsewhere. Bit puzzled as to where he's moved right enough but he obviously fancies a crack at it abroad so fair play to him.
For an 18 year old playing in the middle of the park his composure on the ball was excellent. His game was sitting deep and spraying the play out wide but he could also go past a man if needed. 
[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23]
That's the best laugh I've had in a while.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

We are attracting the standard of players our level merits.  Would anybody want to go and work for a firm that has a despised board of directors a reputation for sacking management. Getting rid of employees. Treating the customer base with disrespect.

Of course not ! You would politely decline their invitation and tell them to stuff it.

Why are folk trying to pretend our boardroom is having any impact on our signings. Players will sign for the club that offers them the most money. You could have Donald Trump in the boardroom and it wouldn’t matter a f**k. We are signing the players we are signing because we are in league 1, not because GD is chairman. 

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Absolute pish! Pay footballers enough money and they won’t give one shiny sh!te which Club they play for.

15 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Why are folk trying to pretend our boardroom is having any impact on our signings. Players will sign for the club that offers them the most money. You could have Donald Trump in the boardroom and it wouldn’t matter a f**k. We are signing the players we are signing because we are in league 1, not because GD is chairman. 

Because have FFC clusterfuck on your CV could have a detrimental effect on your future career.

If you are right where are the signings ?

There aren't any.

3 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Because have FFC clusterfuck on your CV could have a detrimental effect on your future career.

If you are right where are the signings ?

There aren't any.

Brilliant 😂. You genuinely think teams won’t sign players cos they’ve played for Falkirk. Classic.

Interesting to gauge what the Rawlin's intentions with our club are...because I certainly don't have a clue. 

They have effectively bought it for 24% (26% ??) of the shareholding with the blessing of the Board. I have a vague recollection that Deans sold this to other shareholders by stating that they would increase this to a 45% level by ploughing more cash into the club, that hasn't been forthcoming. They obviously haven't bothered to put cash in to strengthen the team. The BoD then rejected £550k that would have made a collosal difference.

By consensus of opinion on here the squad looks light and no where near good enough to win this league. That leaves us in a position of being in this hell of a league for another year , potentially the 4th in a row. Without moving upwards, with no cash from our erstwhile owners, league income being minimum, dropping season ticket sales and much lower sponsorship....the only way for this club to progress in a footballing sense is through other teams being basically mince and by luck we are less mince !

So..... what's in it for our friends from across the pond ? ...because I can't see anything at the moment that suggests they are doing everything in their power to make it a success.  Far from it.

Edited by Zbairn
edit

29 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Because having FFC clusterfuck on your CV would be detrimental to your future career.

Where are the signings then ?

Ain't any - go figure.

lol wut

Edit - The only club in the world that would be true for would be Clyde IMO.

Edited by TheScarf

Mental the amount of fans that seriously think we can just go out and get a ‘proven goal scorer’. We’re in the 3rd tier anyone who is a proven goal scorer even at this level will have bigger clubs after them. 

7 minutes ago, Russ said:

Mental the amount of fans that seriously think we can just go out and get a ‘proven goal scorer’. We’re in the 3rd tier anyone who is a proven goal scorer even at this level will have bigger clubs after them. 

It is why we are paying 52k/year for a DOF