The Falkirk FC Thread

21 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No chance neilson will be anywhere near us after last years shambles. United will want him to progress and not have his confidence screwed any further from playing with diddies like hall. 

For me Neilson would need to be right back to settle him into first team football, he was found wanting when moved central. 

The end of the day, clubs want their players to get game time and with us signing Williamson and hopefully McKay and Dixon our starting CB, I couldn't see him playing more than he will perhaps get at UTD.

17 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Yep. Simon Murray didn't play either, he'll terrorise 1st Division defences.

From the physio table ?

Not a coincidence he didn't play tbh

Our starting line up is essentially this right now. Hopefully have a few different trialists to take a look at against Abroath on Wednesday as we obviously need a lot more quality from the next 6 signings.

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington
Ross
Morrison Dowds Mcguffie

Subs:

Miller
Hall
Sneddon
Nesbitt

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Can't seem to find any goss on what Harry Cochrane's next move is, could be a good prospect for midfield but his past will have him looking for a higher club.

His past was a loan spell at Montrose. Low end Championship is now his ceiling in terms of a move i think. 

1 minute ago, Gollum said:

Can't seem to find any goss on what Harry Cochrane's next move is, could be a good prospect for midfield but his past will have him looking for a higher club.

Compensation would be too much for us to handle and he'll be fishing in much bigger ponds unfortunately. Will most likely get a move down south as will Dapo Mebude.

24 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Compensation would be too much for us to handle and he'll be fishing in much bigger ponds unfortunately. Will most likely get a move down south as will Dapo Mebude.

Probably doesn't match our much vaunted player profile.  The scary thing for me is that hall obviously does.

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

His past was a loan spell at Montrose. Low end Championship is now his ceiling in terms of a move i think. 

He seems to have ended up going down the same road as a lot of those youth players brought in under Levein. Strange too as most looked comfortable in the SP for some games but they have since plummeted. Cochrane, Moore, McDonald, Morrison and Henderson.

Oddly the one who went back and carved out regular first team appearances was Andy Irving, who wasn’t highly thought of during his loan spell with us. 

26 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Understood, I couldn't start to guesstimate the compensation amounts.

22 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Dowds is going to be amazing this season apparently!!

Anyone up for a charity bet, Strathcarron perhaps? I'll put 50 quid on Dowds or Keena to score more than 10 league goals (or 15 all comps?).

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

He seems to have ended up going down the same road as a lot of those youth players brought in under Levein. Strange too as most looked comfortable in the SP for some games but they have since plummeted. Cochrane, Moore, McDonald, Morrison and Henderson.

Oddly the one who went back and carved out regular first team appearances was Andy Irving, who wasn’t highly thought of during his loan spell with us. 

I always thought Irving was a good prospect who was held back by the absolute rubbish around him.

2 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Even he's now playing at the grand level of the German 3rd division. 

3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Andy Irving's footballing abilities weren't appreciated by our support due to the absolute honking players he had to play in beside. I'm not surprised he made his way into the Hearts starting line up and has now moved on elsewhere. Bit puzzled as to where he's moved right enough but he obviously fancies a crack at it abroad so fair play to him.

For an 18 year old playing in the middle of the park his composure on the ball was excellent. His game was sitting deep and spraying the play out wide but he could also go past a man if needed. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Probably doesn't match our much vaunted player profile.  The scary thing for me is that hall obviously does.

If only we’d bought the software package from a registered supplier.

Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol: Remember the bit when Tom Cruise is hanging onto the glass outside the Burj Khalifa, looks over his shoulder, and asks “what’s that”? Simon Pegg says something like “It’s a sandstorm, but it’s a long way off, so don’t  worry about it”.

Substitute Sheerin for Cruise, and Holt for Pegg. Question is the same, but the answer is “It’s a squad shitstorm, but it’s a long way off, so don’t worry about it”.

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

16 with 6 to come in. 4 loans and 2 permanent signings.

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Aidan Keena (Injured)
Anton Dowds

That team looks pish btw. 

1 hour ago, Gollum said:

Lost his way poor guy. Looked a Scotland player in the making when he first broke through. Reminded me of a Hearts player from decades ago Tommy Harrison had everything to reach the top and it imploded.

5 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

That team looks pish btw. 

We are attracting the standard of players our level merits.  Would anybody want to go and work for a firm that has a despised board of directors a reputation for sacking management. Getting rid of employees. Treating the customer base with disrespect.

Of course not ! You would politely decline their invitation and tell them to stuff it.

We will be the go to place for those that have no other choice. As shown on the signings to date and even then 2 - 3 years contracts to tempt them.

That is the reality of the situation and girning about it ain't going to change it.