The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

….l.and even if it was less than half of that, all it would need is another Board huff puff, and they shut it up, and select the North Stand as the home stand. If the rental really is £75k a season, if certain guarantees were in place, £75k a year in mortgage payments would be better than renting it, but that’s a superficial view that knows nothing about the deal beyond the bleedin’ obvious.

It really is…

ED996DDF-1FE1-4BE6-85A7-9BF19AD9280D.jpeg

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s actually frightening mate. I think this season will be a real slog.

How many players do we have signed just now ? 

16 with 6 to come in. 4 loans and 2 permanent signings.

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Aidan Keena (Injured)
Anton Dowds

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

16 with 6 to come in. 4 loans and 2 permanent signings.

Goalkeeper 
Robbie Mutch

Defenders
Paul Dixon
Blair Sneddon
Ryan Williamson
Brad Mckay
Ben Hall
Leon McCann

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison
Gary Miller
Steven Hetherington
Aidan Nesbitt
Charlie Telfer
Craig Mcguffie
Seb Ross

Strikers
Aidan Keena (Injured)
Anton Dowds

So 16 which includes only 1 goalie, Sneddon who won’t play and Keena who’ll be injured 75% of the time. I’m really, really worried.

25 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

So 16 which includes only 1 goalie, Sneddon who won’t play and Keena who’ll be injured 75% of the time. I’m really, really worried.

I'd imagine Sheerin will have been taking a look at Sneddon to see what needs done with him. If he's not up to it he should go out on loan to give him the chance he needs and give us room for another signing even if it's just a loan. The one goalie is an issue but they said in the Q&A that there were two goalkeepers on trial so hopefully one of them's decent. Calum Ferrie would have done for me but Queens Park have snapped him up as their back up.

I'm not buying the Keena injury prone thing, he got a bad injury from a bad tackle last year in the cup and if it is his rumoured collarbone this time then that's just an unfortunate training ground injury. Disappointing that he won't get a proper pre season again but he'll be back. 

The issue for me is the players we need to sign right now are right through the spine of the team. Our only back up at centre back is Ben Hall, our only centre mid cover is Gary Miller and we only have Dowds upfront who I think will have a better season this year but we can't rely on him solely.

Edited by FFC 1876

Just to clarify, Keena wasn’t injury prone before we signed him. He got a bad injury last year and if the rumours are true, he’s been unlucky and picked up another injury that will keep him out longer than a few weeks. 

I don’t get why everyone is talking like he’s injury and out all the time. He missed half the season because of one injury.

15 minutes ago, Rocco said:

Just to clarify, Keena wasn’t injury prone before we signed him. He got a bad injury last year and if the rumours are true, he’s been unlucky and picked up another injury that will keep him out longer than a few weeks. 

I don’t get why everyone is talking like he’s injury and out all the time. He missed half the season because of one injury.

I genuinely hope you are right and he proves to be as fit as a fiddle and plays most of the games this season mate - we can’t afford any passengers in our small squad.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

If Keena misses anything more than 2/3 weeks between now and Christmas then he should be getting punted in January.  The club can't afford to have hangers on for a wage. 

I find this a little harsh, his main injury last season was after a poor tackle, and if rumours are right this season then it’s a broken collar bone, fair enough if it was persistent niggles with muscles like Connolly last year. 

7 minutes ago, AFalkirkBairnB said:

I find this a little harsh, his main injury last season was after a poor tackle, and if rumours are right this season then it’s a broken collar bone, fair enough if it was persistent niggles with muscles like Connolly last year. 

Not harsh at all. He'll still get a full wage despite doing nothing but rehab whilst injured. If he was put on SSP whenever he was injured I wonder if he would be out as much?

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Not harsh at all. He'll still get a full wage despite doing nothing but rehab whilst injured. If he was put on SSP whenever he was injured I wonder if he would be out as much?

Aye that's it, he'd just put a plaster on his collarbone and be back on the park straight away. You're in coocoo land. Last season he should have just hopped about the park until his leg had fully recovered ae?

Absolute donut.

Edited by FFC 1876

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I’ve said this a few times in the last few weeks but some of our fans are incredible!

Try living in the real world 

Just now, FFC 1876 said:

Aye that's it he'd just put a plaster on his collarbone and be back on the park straight away. You're in coocoo land. Last season he should have just hopped about the park until his leg had fully recovered ae?

Absolute donut.

f**k up pal. 

The clubs in the gutter so spare me the hard luck stories. If he's injured then quite frankly that's no use to the club.  If he came back after his injury and put in any close to a decent performance in April then I'd maybe be a bit more sympathetic. As it stands we've handed a 2 year deal to a player who has played a handful of games in 12 months.

7 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

f**k up pal. 

The clubs in the gutter so spare me the hard luck stories. If he's injured then quite frankly that's no use to the club.  If he came back after his injury and put in any close to a decent performance in April then I'd maybe be a bit more sympathetic. As it stands we've handed a 2 year deal to a player who has played a handful of games in 12 months.

Wouldn't be tolerated in your Sunday games ae mate.

"What do you mean you can't play because you've broke your collarbone, you can still stand in the wall at freekicks?"

21 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I think you are harsh questioning his desire and commitment like that tbh. I’d rather the posts about him being a supremely fit, goal scoring semi-god prove correct.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sadly Hall, Miller, Dowds etc will have to play 

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Wouldn't be tolerated in your Sunday games ae mate.

"What do you mean you can't play because you've broke your collarbone, you can still stand in the wall at freekicks?"

Probably because I'm not being paid weekly for that.

As i say, if he doesn't play and perform consistently for us before Christmas then he should be punted in January. 

18 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

f**k up pal. 

Welcome back EdiBairn, we’ve missed you x 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think you are harsh questioning his desire and commitment like that tbh. I’d rather the posts about him being a supremely fit, goal scoring semi-god prove correct.

As we all would. 

Edited by latapythelegend