The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Hopefully from today Sheerin's realised how shite Hall is, unfortunately given Dixon wasn't even in the squad we can only assume he's injured. Which leaves us with Hall and Mckay as the centre back pairing which is absolutely rotten. 4 trialists in the squad again, BPM confirmed the starter was Jaime Wilson, John Robertson came off the bench as he's in the Hearts second half goal clip (number 9 again) and I assume one on the bench was a goalkeeper who looks to have been on for the Hearts 3rd goal as well.

Keena, Dixon, Nesbitt and Sneddon all missing from the matchday squad. Season starts next Tuesday. Magical.

I will be absolutely astonished if Sneddon is in a single match day squad this season.

13 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Queen's Park look a team. I'm expecting another Glasgow thorn in the Bairns' arse this season to keep you at the seaside for yet another year.

I thought they would be the favourites but they've been signing dross like Lewis Moore.

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

Queen's Park look a team. I'm expecting another Glasgow thorn in the Bairns' arse this season to keep you at the seaside for yet another year.

Don’t think a friendly against Raith is the best judge of who’s gonna be a decent side. We put 6 by yous with Francis looking like Henry. The rest is history. 

7 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

I watched the first half of the game yesterday and they didn't offer much. Longridge looking like their brightest spark which we all knew was going to be the case as I'm still baffled that we released him and kept Leitch. Liam Brown looked very tidy on the ball and sharp but nothing was really coming off for him.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

I watched the first half of the game yesterday and they didn't offer much. Longridge looking like their brightest spark which we all knew was going to be the case as I'm still baffled that we released him and kept Leitch. Liam Brown looked very tidy on the ball and sharp but nothing was really coming off for him.

You're right, but they changed things around in the second half and were much better. Longridge did well, but they had others too.

25 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You're right, but they changed things around in the second half and were much better. Longridge did well, but they had others too.

Grant Gillespie came on at half time and probably started controlling the middle of the park. Doyle looked as erratic as ever. 

15 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Grant Gillespie came on at half time and probably started controlling the middle of the park. Doyle looked as erratic as ever. 

Not to forget they were without some of their big names.

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Not to forget they were without some of their big names.

If you’re choosing to take this much out of a friendly I’d be more concerned with Raith Rovers season ahead than ours on the back of it. As Falkirk Lad said, we bodied you 6-2 last season when you had a stronger side. Ultimately means f**k all.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

22 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

If you’re choosing to take this much out of a friendly I’d be more concerned with Raith Rovers season ahead than ours on the back of it. As Falkirk Lad said, we bodied you 6-2 last season when you had a stronger side. Ultimately means f**k all.

As McGlynn said at the time we treated it as a friendly whereas Falkirk went al out to make a statement.

11 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

As McGlynn said at the time we treated it as a friendly whereas Falkirk went al out to make a statement.

We had about 4 trialists that day. It was, however, the best we played all season by quite a margin. In July. Says it all about M&M’s tenure. 

15 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

That could be said by any team that loses a pre season friendly. More embarrassing that you appear to have lapped it up

Has there been any announcements from the SPFL to do with matchday squads and substitutions for this season? We were allowed a 20 man match day squad and 5 subs per game last season is that continuing?

We'll struggle to make the 20 matchday squad each week if we're running with a 22 man squad.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

The fact we have Gary Miller anywhere near the first 11 confirms we're in a mess.

Agreed, if he's deemed the pivotal figure in the middle of the park this season then we will get absolutely bodied there. 

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Like us yesterday mate, totally agree. Hearts wanted revenge for a 6-0 trousering at Brockville in 93 and we treated it just as a friendly, hence the 4-0 score line. What are we like eh….

13 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The league cup results aren't important in the grand scheme of things but we should be using them to get our final starting 11 sorted out and used to playing each other.  We shouldn't be heading into them still looking to sign 5 or 6 players like we are currently.  Striking partnerships need time to develop as do other areas of the side. Different if you have some real continuity in your side but this is going to be a whole new side Virtually again. There's so much still needing done. The big concern is panic last minute signings as time starts to run out.

The longer Robertson, Wilson etc are still with us the more chance of them getting a deal which is a terrifying thought. If that happens you'd have been aswell keeping dross like Sammon. I'm actually quite fearful for us.