The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You’re coming across bitter AF. Yes I’m excited to go to the pub with friends and watch the club I love play. We’ve spent 18 months of living hell so it’s not taken much to build that excitement. 

I can go to the pub with my mates without the football wasting it. Having said that I will probably go to a few away game if we are allowed - which is still up for debate. Not bitter just not prepared to have the shite ripped out me any more. 
If we lose at Cove on the first day there will be a meltdown on here - with the “excited” ones leading the charge. 

4 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

People should be allowed to make their mind up whether they go to matches or not. Watching Falkirk fans argue about going to games or not is out of order. Let people make their own minds up.

We all have our reasons why we will go or won’t go - just leave it at that.

Exactly this. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
14 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

People should be allowed to make their mind up whether they go to matches or not. Watching Falkirk fans argue about going to games or not is out of order. Let people make their own minds up.

Completely agree. Constantly peddling agendas on here is absolutely tiresome. 

I genuinely have the feeling some people want the club to fail this season so they can say “I told you so”.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Have to admit, I'm quite looking forwards to meeting my mates and going back to live matches.  As they say watching Scotland, it's the hope that kills you....and its been the same with our team for a good number of years.

As a Falkirk fan I really want us to do well and storm the league. Thats the heart ruling the head.

Once the head bit kicks in, I'm of the same opinion as BPM and realisticially we have been a mess off the park for years which in turn relates to the mess on the park. If after a few matches we are not at the top of this league and winining games convincingly , I would like the current incumbents to take accountability for the state we are in and just go !  

The unfortunate thing is, that for the last good few years this has been a recurring theme and I don't see it improving any time soon. The squad we have assemblled does not fill me with any great hope.  

It may be an "Old firm analogy" (which I hate as I detest them both)  but based on our support size compared to other clubs, winning this league should be a given.

13 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Completely agree. Constantly peddling agendas on here is absolutely tiresome. 

I genuinely have the feeling some people want the club to fail this season so they can say “I told you so”.

nonsense, absolutely everybody on here wants the club to succeed, if some have reservations at how the club is being run or the current transfer activity that's their prerogative,  also the "peddling of agendas" goes both ways on here.

Guest Peter LaFleur

6 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

nonsense, absolutely everybody on here wants the club to succeed, if some have reservations at how the club is being run or the current transfer activity that's their prerogative,  also the "peddling of agendas" goes both ways on here.

I share the same reservations on Holt and Deans and will personally judge come August. Deans should have certainly walked in June. I was being questioned for being excited at being back watching the team after 18 months away due to the pandemic. 
Banta is obviously pro board but I can’t think of many others? Banta certainly doesn’t plague the thread daily either. BPM and others on here rallied to get everyone to vote Rawlins in… now they’re in is it Rawlins out? 

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I share the same reservations on Holt and Deans and will personally judge come August. Deans should have certainly walked in June. I was being questioned for being excited at being back watching the team after 18 months away due to the pandemic. 
Banta is obviously pro board but I can’t think of many others? Banta certainly doesn’t plague the thread daily either. BPM and others on here rallied to get everyone to vote Rawlins in… now they’re in is it Rawlins out? 

For me, the jury is still out re the Rawlins.  In particualr Phil. I'm not sure what Carrie brings to the table.

As for Deans et al.... as far as I am concerned they can all go now ! Holt can go as well.  Their statements at the end of last season and the they way conducted themselves at the Q&A session (particularly Holt) confirmed my thoughts.  

As for the shareholders vote at the time, I was positive about the resolution, based on the fact that it got the likes of Lex and Liddel away from our club for good

19 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

@Back Post Misses will correct me if I'm wrong but I don't see him or anyone else pushing for Rawlins out. I voted for the Rawlins deal and like most was quite optimistic about their involvement but was left disappointed he and the rest of the board never took the opportunity create the three legged stool approach everyone has been banging on about - this may still happen and I'm waiting for more details about how this Falkirk Supporters Society will be involved. 

As for getting excited about going back to games again each to their own but thinking long standing supporters of the club would like to see us fail this season in rubbish.

Edited by falkirkzombie

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Spot on. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
35 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

For me, the jury is still out re the Rawlins.  In particualr Phil. I'm not sure what Carrie brings to the table.

As for Deans et al.... as far as I am concerned they can all go now ! Holt can go as well.  Their statements at the end of last season and the they way conducted themselves at the Q&A session (particularly Holt) confirmed my thoughts.  

As for the shareholders vote at the time, I was positive about the resolution, based on the fact that it got the likes of Lex and Liddel away from our club for good

Did Liddel not appoint Deans though?

1 minute ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Did Liddel not appoint Deans though?

As far as I am aware yep !

Perhaps as a strategic way of LIddel getting his cash for his shares......getting Deans to agree to bankroll it from the clubs coffers.  Remember, shares can only be sold with the clubs (BoD) permission.  We also have to take into account Liddel is a Jambo and not an FFC man to begin with.

I think its perfectly acceptable for folk to be excited about getting back to the football and despite all the knicker wetting no-one actually knows yet whether we're going to stroll it or fail again.  Still up to 6 new signings to be added. 

Plenty of time for negativity if we start poorly.   If we were going into the new season with the same management and players as last season I'd agree that the outcome would most likely be disaster but that's not the case.  At this stage we can surely at least have hope.   I think if I allowed myself to get so upset that I refused to go to games or look forward to them at all atm I'd be questioning whether football is really for me.  

I got a season ticket and am going to go to the Albion game and then use the streaming option for game v Hamilton. 1st game I'm working after it so should be good to actually get to a game. 2nd game I can use the flexibility of streaming or going to stadium to have a drink with others while watching the game at home as I'm not working after the game. The set up at the moment works for me till things get back to normal and we can get back to moaning about scottish cup finals and other games we were spoiled with while under the MSG :lol:  only kidding, not wanting to start a riot on here, just hope we come out flying and can be challenging for promotion to the top flight next season (see Raith last season as an example)

6 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Re: the League Cup, I agree with all the previous posters about expecting Falkirk to give 100% in every competitive game that we play.

Normally.

This season I couldn’t give a flying f*ck about the League Cup, getting out of this league is all that matters to me. I just don’t want the distraction of a cup run.

Same when the Scottish Cup comes around. If we are well clear at the top of the league than I would expect in our cup games that we give it a real go. If, however, we are only “in the mix” (yeeuugghh!) then I would quite happily see us not try a leg in these cup games either so that we can concentrate on “getting over the line” (double yeeuugghh).

And we obviously don’t need the prize money that a good cup run could generate ‘cos we’ve knocked back £550k of investment, right?

Getting out the league depends on getting the team on the park right. That comes form competitive matches with motivated players on the pitch.

The league cup is a good opportunity to do just that. 

Anything less is taking the piss of the fans that have paid to watch the game.

16 hours ago, AGPar said:

On the League Cup. If they're treating these matches as friendlies, fine, inform the supporters of this and charge accordingly. We'll have played five, maybe five and half months of competitive football in the past sixteen months. So if they're now writing off a national cup competition, it's because they realise our current squad has gaping holes in it and is light years away from being sufficient, and they're getting the excuses in nice and early. Pathetic attitude. 

It was Hartley that gave the speech bubble of League cup friendlies, tho it was the other teams that benefited 🙄

5 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

So we then treat it like Houston did, go in all guns blazing, steamroll the group, giving delusions of grandeur beating other teams who don't give a f**k, think we are the finished product, play our first league game, get totally found out and then spend the next 4 seasons trying to recreate the heady heights and buzz of those league Cup group stage performances?  The whole set up is shite and should completely be used as friendlies for our level, or 'competetive' fixtures that we are happy to try new things given the fact we have to play them a month before the season even begins. 

TBF Houston year in year out had 2-3 or so signings each season and a lot of them not first team starters. We had the first 11 in place, it's been new squads most seasons onwards.

Any competition that is being played during the elite tournaments of world cups or Euros is just Mickey mouse. A good few of the premier League teams struggle in the league cup due to the early starting point of the tournament. The folk that run our game have made the league cup a mirror of the b&q/irn bru /tunnocks cup, no one gives two fuks till the semi finals.