The Falkirk FC Thread

35 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Keena is garbage and won’t be seen till September probably 

He'd beginning to look like another player who'll spend more time on the physio bench than the pitch. Another pre season fecked and then he'll be playing catch up for the rest of the season.

32 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Noticeable that all the talk is about the lack of striking options, with nothing being said about the midfield. If Sheerin, as seems to be suggested, wants a 4-3-3, with  Hetherington as the deepest of the 3, he's presumably got plans to sign two players for the more advanced roles ahead of him. At the moment, we have no one to play in these positions. Our midfield has been complete nonsense for the past five years and if the combined knowledge of the management team, Holt and "Corzo" cannot see that an immediate, serious upgrade is required in the middle of the park, it's a complete waste of time. 

Same old story a complete lack of legs in the middle of the park. If we end up getting run ragged in there again this season then they can stick their player profiling up their arse. We've been screaming out for drive and energy in there for seasons now and not done a damn thing about it.

46 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Spot on this. Dont know why people think were going to come away with some wonder signings in League 1

We need players that are better than the usual dross in this division. McManus was one for instance.  We just seem to keep signing the same old level of struggling championship players and hoping for the best.  We'd be aswell going part time and saving a few bob as the Montroses and East Fife's seem to be able to get hold of much the same standard of player we can for a lot less cash.

2 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I don't think Falkirk played 35 games last season.

I base my opinion on Keena being the better player on the fact that I've seen them both play. You say Keena managed to be worse than McHugh last season despite the fact that he was injured for most of it and got next to no service when he returned. To me he looked a natural goal scorer in the early games and I think he'll do well if he gets the chance.

Correct.

22L +5LC +2SC = 29 matches 😏

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He'd beginning to look like another player who'll spend more time on the physio bench than the pitch. Another pre season fecked and then he'll be playing catch up for the rest of the season.

Carl Finnegan mk 2.  Middle of the park is a concern, Hetherington may be ok but at some point he's going to get injured/suspension and quite frankly the thought of Miller masquerading as a still able midfield enforcer even in league 1 against the likes of Fyvie and Vigurs is a joke. 

3 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Dowds has the potential to come good if he is 10% sharper and fitter and plays in a team that gets the ball wide - not like the long ball pish we were subjected to last season . 

Massive season for him he simply has to be a lot better, if he isn't you can see him being punted on loan in January. Keena is no use if he's going to be injured ala Connolly last season. He can finish he's showed in glimpses but we can't afford him sitting in the stand. Going to be a slog again I fear, with the same issues that never get addressed. And if the next four or five signings are just jersey filler trialists/or untested loan kids with little first team experience... I want Sheerin to succeed but he must see that this squad is nowhere near ready/good enough, if he listens to Holt he'd be aswell packing it in tomorrow. 

17 hours ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

He's earning his money, it's actually 1am he's sending his emails.

If he really is "working 12 hour days" , that means he's not starting until at least 1pm at the earliest  - the lazy barsteward! 

9 hours ago, AGPar said:

Noticeable that all the talk is about the lack of striking options, with nothing being said about the midfield. If Sheerin, as seems to be suggested, wants a 4-3-3, with  Hetherington as the deepest of the 3, he's presumably got plans to sign two players for the more advanced roles ahead of him. At the moment, we have no one to play in these positions. Our midfield has been complete nonsense for the past five years and if the combined knowledge of the management team, Holt and "Corzo" cannot see that an immediate, serious upgrade is required in the middle of the park, it's a complete waste of time. 

Mutch
Williamson Mckay Dixon Mccann
Telfer Hetherington Ross
Morrison New Mcguffie

I do want another centre midfielder to come in, one with a bit of energy and power but this would still be an improvement on last season's starting line up. We've also got to remember the majority of our issue's last season were because M&M were playing hoofball. I don't expect that to be Sheerin's style which should make a massive difference.

12 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A scout from st Mirren and one from Raith rovers. Both didn't rate him at all.  Before you ask neither gave me the ndaba tip.  They also think we've signed a complete pile of dross this season apart from McCann but we'll just need to wait and see what happens. 

Were Nesbitt and Mcguffie actually rated at Morton, or was it a case of we can't afford to offer you anything/ out of contract/ your shite please leave. McCann and Williamson should be the two best signings so far.  The rest are just a bit meh. It would be typical of us to go and sign another raft of players who are mostly garbage. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Were Nesbitt and Mcguffie actually rated at Morton, or was it a case of we can't afford to offer you anything/ out of contract/ your shite please leave. McCann and Williamson should be the two best signings so far.  The rest are just a bit meh. It would be typical of us to go and sign another raft of players who are mostly garbage. 

As opposed to players that on paper that should "stroll the league" that turn out to be garbage

Edited by AL-FFC

22 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

You clearly don't have a clue what they are like which is why you asking if they were rated so how can you say they are 'meh' when you haven't even seen a minute of them playing for us? You waiting on us signing Edouard and Morelos?

Edited by FFC 1876

Normally the squad numbers are a good indication of the starting line up. Nesbitt has the number 10 shirt, so I think you can expect him to be one of the starting 11.

2 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

You clearly don't have a clue what they are like which is why you are asking if they are rated so how can you say they are 'meh' when you haven't even seen a minute of them playing for us? You waiting on us signing Edouard and Morelos?

Who needs Edouard and Morelos when you have Dowds and keena?

2 minutes ago, erty13 said:

Normally the squad numbers are a good indication of the starting line up. Nesbitt has the number 10 shirt, so I think you can expect him to be one of the starting 11.

Normally I'd agree with you but Nesbitt was basically signed before Sheerin was in the door like quite a few others so I don't think squad numbers will mean much this season.