The Falkirk FC Thread

47 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Got to thinking about Holt's answer about getting a prolific goal scoring striker in and how there have only been 18 players scoring 15 goals a season over the last 3 seasons. I never knew that we only played football in Scotland. Try looking further afield man: National League and National Leagues North and South in England, the Irish League, the League of Ireland, the Welsh League. Stop sending fecking emails at 12 midnight and do some research on these leagues, earn your money.

Declan McManus would have been pretty much top of that list, he scored 24 goals for us a couple of season ago.  Didn't have to look very far.  He only cost that Welsh team £50,000 from Dunfermline and no doubt a good wage etc, but not too far out of our league, if we were really serious we would have found the money from somewhere.  Complete lack of ambition.  Christ, we bought Syd Puddlefoot for a world record fee then by a whip round among the fans and local businesses.  I know things have changed immensely since then but, just saying.

48 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Got to thinking about Holt's answer about getting a prolific goal scoring striker in and how there have only been 18 players scoring 15 goals a season over the last 3 seasons. I never knew that we only played football in Scotland. Try looking further afield man: National League and National Leagues North and South in England, the Irish League, the League of Ireland, the Welsh League. Stop sending fecking emails at 12 midnight and do some research on these leagues, earn your money.

But these players further afield if Falkirk come a calling. Will look at the antics of the club over the least 3 years and politely decline the invitation and tell them to stuff it.

Look at it from their point of view when they look into possible employment by the club. Hire and fire managers. Team clear outs every 15-20 games. Holt. Disfunctional board. Support with no patience. We only got what we have got so far by offering 3 year deals

We will get the standard of player our standing deserves and that goes for loan players as well.

1 minute ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Declan McManus would have been pretty much top of that list, he scored 24 goals for us a couple of season ago.  Didn't have to look very far.  He only cost that Welsh team £50,000 from Dunfermline and no doubt a good wage etc, but not too far out of our league, if we were really serious we would have found the money from somewhere.  Complete lack of ambition.  Christ, we bought Syd Puddlefoot for a world record fee then by a whip round among the fans and local businesses.  I know things have changed immensely since then but, just saying.

Only 50k and he'll be on well more than we could afford done there. He was out our league when TNS came calling.

I've not renewed and I won't be so I've decided I won't be posting about Falkirk much in the coming season as I feel it's not my right as I won't be seeing the team regularly. One thing I will say about Holt or anyone else who viewed that muck last season is the first priority for me would have been sorting out goalscorers but this doesn't seem to be a priority. We were absolutely shite up front last season and looking at what Holt has identified to remedy this I can see no reason for this to change this season.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's one thing signing a youngster as a gamble but you have to have a player much closer to a sure bet for goals in your squad too.  Look at our rivals this season. Cove have strikers with goals in them, queen's park have strikers with goals in them at the moment I wouldn't bet on any of our boys getting more than 4 or 5 and that would include a youngster with very little game time. We cannot go into the league campaign with a crocked Keena, dowds and a young boy with zero experience as our striking options.  Any other addition better not be either of those jobbers from the meadow game. You would have thought that whilst Holt was signing all these pre contracts last season a striker would've been a priority considering how utterly woeful their record was last season.

Who have Queens got to score goals ?

37 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

But these players further afield if Falkirk come a calling. Will look at the antics of the club over the least 3 years and politely decline the invitation and tell them to stuff it.

Look at it from their point of view when they look into possible employment by the club. Hire and fire managers. Team clear outs every 15-20 games. Holt. Disfunctional board. Support with no patience. We only got what we have got so far by offering 3 year deals

We will get the standard of player our standing deserves and that goes for loan players as well.

I agree with pretty much everything you've said HSW however I'm going to play devil's advocate on the point about us being a fan base with no patience, you could argue we've been too patient with string of poor decisions one after the other.

It started for me when we owned our own stadium in the town centre then managed to negotiate it away for owning next to nothing on the edge of an industrial estate out of town. then there was an issue with the undersoil heating not being placed in the right place, then not issues with pitch? then we got rid of academy, then slagging support off for being racists, staff issues, then dropping down 2 leagues and staying there.

I'm with Harry kinnear I've not bought season ticket yet and won't be and haven't for a couple of years.

I'm not a glory hunter some of my favourite memories of supporting Falkirk have been in the 2nd tier and at places like arbroath and Brechin. I'm not keen on the individuals running the club (exception Phil rawlins and sheerin for now) based purely on what I've read and seen in the q&a.

restoring the academy, youth side is a step in the right direction and if sheerin can play a decent brand of football that will also help.

I was going to say I'll pay on a per game basis this season but with covid that might not be an option.

long term biggest thing we need to do is have a strategy for owning our own stadium and getting it back from the council, even if it's payments over 50 years.

6 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

At the Q&A, Gary Deans mentioned only 600 or season tickets are sold. How much of an embarrassment is it going to be if they cant muster 1000 season ticket holders for the league cup games?

Had only been on sale a week at that point. Not saying we’ll sell 2500 (we won’t) but even in a good year we don’t sell the majority of season tickets until the last week or 2 of early bird prices. As a for instance a quick social media search had us at 1,400 after 4 weeks about 4 years ago one summer & went into sell 2,800. 

I think we’ll shift 1500 all in come the league KO. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

37 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Had only been on sale a week at that point. Not saying we’ll sell 2500 (we won’t) but even in a good year we don’t sell the majority of season tickets until the last week or 2 of early bird prices. As a for instance a quick social media search had us at 1,400 after 4 weeks about 4 years ago one summer & went into sell 2,800. 

I think we’ll shift 1500 all in come the league KO. 

47% of the support disappeared in 2/3 years. Or over £250,000. 

18 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

As quickly as we dropped down the league positions 🤦🏼‍♂️😢

You well know it is much more complicated than that 

Edited by Back Post Misses

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Shaved heid socks rooms his ankles  actually looks far older than 19 . You can't tell his football from a picture but to me he disnae look much like a pro footballer. Means absolutely nothing though in the grand scheme of things and I'm not writing him off because of that. 

'he's a jobber cos he looks like one in that picture'

'a picture means nothing so I'm not writing him off because that' 

You truly are an enigma, a parody of Shadwell cat if nothing else. 

Entertaining at least 😂

Edited by Believe The Hype

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You well know it is much more complicated than that 

It is but a winning team on the park masks a lot of things as we know. Poorly managed off the pitch for years but ST sales stood firm until last year or 2. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

It is but a winning team on the park masks a lot of things as we know. Poorly managed off the pitch for years but ST sales stood firm until last year or 2. 

Good luck with the shower of jobbers we have signed. Outside the two full backs we have not improved the squad. 

Shaved heid socks rooms his ankles  actually looks far older than 19 . You can't tell his football from a picture but to me he disnae look much like a pro footballer. Means absolutely nothing though in the grand scheme of things and I'm not writing him off because of that. I'm just not convinced by any of these boys . You'd maybe take one of Ruth, Wilson or Robertson as a gamble but I'd be concerned if we signed 2 of them.

Whereas Dallinson looked every bit the footballer and we know how that turned out. Give the guy a chance FFS.

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Good luck with the shower of jobbers we have signed. Outside the two full backs we have not improved the squad. 

I was meaning over the last 10 years since relegation, actually, maybe even prior to relegation. Off field stuff has been a car crash since a year or so before relegation from the Prem. Passing no judgement on current team until I’ve seen them/see results. 

8 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I was meaning over the last 10 years since relegation, actually, maybe even prior to relegation. Off field stuff has been a car crash since a year or so before relegation from the Prem. Passing no judgement on current team until I’ve seen them/see results. 

Absolutely, we need to give the new regime a fair chance.

I, for one, am looking forward to the new season just as I always do.

Well done big Harry.