The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Strong Leith connections clearly coming from Ian Fergus. To be fair he should be scoring for fun at that level it's not even the top end of the juniors.

LEAFA is an amateur league. There is no Junior football South of Dundee in Scotland any more.

Guest Peter LaFleur

My mate scored loads for Slamannan Amateurs and is scarily close to being called up by Holty. 

I feel Corrzo’s player profiling was much like my old tinder profiling. Any age, any distance, yes to all.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

28 minutes ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

John Robertson has been playing for Leith Athletic in the LEAFA league. I spoke to one of the managers in that league and he says he is a class act that scores for fun

That’s who Weekes was at also ( if he is indeed on trial)

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

John Robertson has been playing for Leith Athletic in the LEAFA league. I spoke to one of the managers in that league and he says he is a class act that scores for fun

LEAFA is an average amateur level. I wouldn't  even consider that when looking at a player.

With apologies to Lennon and McCartney:

Yesterday
All our troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe in yesterday

Suddenly
We’re not half the team we used to be
We'll be in league 1 for eternity,
Oh, yesterday came suddenly

Why Deans didn’t go, I don't know, he wouldn't say
He’s done everything wrong, now I long for yesterday

Yesterday
Fitba was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away

Yesterday
Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm

Edited by Bairn in Exile

7 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yesterday

Suddenly

Yesterday

Yesterday
Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm

Enjoy yer night mate. 

10 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yesterday

Suddenly

Yesterday

Yesterday
Mm mm mm mm mm mm mm

How long did it take you to write that masterpiece?

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Everybody and their dog could see that’s exactly what they were going to do. The fact their even attempting it before it begins shows their sheer arrogance.

It starts as a venture which is apparently for the better of Scottish football- yet still no evidence as to why this will be beneficial other than the big clubs around Europe have them, the best players come from the big clubs and the big countries have successful international teams. This doesn’t change the fact that the big clubs and countries have remained pretty much the same regardless and the best players have mainly came from the best clubs,  B teams or not. Funny thing is too that we have better players now than ever playing at the top so how was that possible without this new structure in place!?

All this is about us pandering once again to the Old Firm to give them another pathway to take the best talent in Scotland 

It will start with the ceiling of the lowland league, then league 2, league 1 and the Championship. It will start with paying money, then nothing. A limit on older players then many more. A limit on foreign players then more again. 

Essentially it will just become a reserve team and instead of languishing in the actual reserves, they will be stuck there instead with the opportunity to acquire more of the best talent. 

Used to be player progression where the big clubs picked up players from the lower league teams that had a few seasons behind them from 17-18 year olds before moving on in their early 20's. That bit hardened and experienced with cash cascading down the leagues keeping clubs afloat and motivated to find the next star. That disappeared with the SPL and our international prospects.  Examples - Archibald-Clyde. Cooper-Clydebank. Baxter-Raith. Johnson & Hansen- Partick Kennedy, Weir & Gillespie-Falkirk.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Used to be player progression where the big clubs picked up players from the lower league teams that had a few seasons behind them from 17-18 year olds before moving on in their early 20's. That bit hardened and experienced with cash cascading down the leagues keeping clubs afloat and motivated to find the next star. That disappeared with the SPL and our international prospects.  Examples - Archibald-Clyde. Cooper-Clydebank. Baxter-Raith. Johnson & Hansen- Partick Kennedy, Weir & Gillespie-Falkirk.

The problem with the Old Firm is that the pressure to win matches will always remain and they’re not going to be more likely to throw a player plying in the lower leagues than they were before. It just gives them the opportunity to get more talent. The pathway to the first team however will be just as tight. 

A great season playing for Hibs in the Championship and winning the Scottish cup didn’t do much for Liam Henderson. Can’t see how playing in the lowland league would have made him more likely to play for Celtic. 

Also have to look at those youth players brought in during the years to regular first team players- Kieran Tierney was the last, then Callum McGregor and before him was James Forrest. Mikey Johnstone looks like another wasted talent- 22 and only 59 first team appearances. Tierney broke in because of an injury to Izaguirre and had they had a B team back then, Andy Robertson might have still been playing for Celtic’s B team instead of being allowed to leave to Queens Park. 

We also wouldn’t have been blessed with the likes of Murray Wallace, Darryl Duffy, Mark Miller, Marc Twadlle and so on. Same with other clubs with the likes of Ross McCormack serving Motherwell and making them a decent amount of cash too. 

The whole thing is a load of crap and I hope to God our club stands against it. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

11 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Not that there was much doubt in it but the Herald today confirmed that it was Jaime Wilson that scored the hattrick and the other striker on trial was John Robertson.

Lewis Connolly on COYB page more or less saying it was Robertson that scored the hattrick

3 hours ago, Peter LaFleur said:

My mate scored loads for Slamannan Amateurs and is scarily close to being called up by Holty. 

I feel Corrzo’s player profiling was much like my old tinder profiling. Any age, any distance, yes to all.

Freddie Jones scored c.40 goals from Grangemouth Star in the Summer League c.1985 so well worth a look.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Yesterday

Suddenly