The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

We’ll do you lot a favor and sent Gary Holt a video of Nando Mendy winning man of the match in the playoff game versus Dundee. That should impress him, and you need a center half…he is still free.

Robbie Leitch & Akeel Fracis scudded him in the season friendly between our lot last season. Naw.

1 minute ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It will take some doing to convince me otherwise that Gary Holt is doing absolutely f**k all apart from stealing a wage.

...that guy on the board in the Q&A getting excited about the long hours hes putting in and the emails being sent in the early hours was toe curling. presenteeism is the worst way to measure someone.  I've lost track of the amount of guys I've worked with who are first in the office, last out, sending emails at stupid hours, but they deliver less than the 9-5 people. I have seen nothing from him since he arrived to convince me about him. even the q&a he looked totally disinterested slumped in his chair and was nippy and arrogant with Lewis's questions. I get what the board are saying about dof roles in football now, but for me it should be looked at in the championship and someone else

Guest Peter LaFleur

Really glad Holt’s working tirelessly to bring in guys like Wilson and Robertson on trial.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

10 minutes ago, Dennistoun Bairn said:

That's pretty bold, considering the bins we've been raking in over the last 3 seasons. 

It used to be just one or two clowns making shit signings. We now have a whole committee worth of people signing shit players because they meet this mystical player profile. 

1 hour ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

...that guy on the board in the Q&A getting excited about the long hours hes putting in and the emails being sent in the early hours was toe curling. presenteeism is the worst way to measure someone.  I've lost track of the amount of guys I've worked with who are first in the office, last out, sending emails at stupid hours, but they deliver less than the 9-5 people. I have seen nothing from him since he arrived to convince me about him. even the q&a he looked totally disinterested slumped in his chair and was nippy and arrogant with Lewis's questions. I get what the board are saying about dof roles in football now, but for me it should be looked at in the championship and someone else

Sending work emails in the wee small hours is both unprofessional and inappropriate.

One thing that got me with the Q&A was the constant banging on about the new scouting and recruitment system. If it’s so good and groundbreaking then why are we signing the exact type of player that has shafted us for the last 2 seasons. Barely professional jobbers who are clinging on to pro football. The board are so hopeless and Holt is the tip of the iceberg.

2 minutes ago, Maverick_- said:

One thing that got me with the Q&A was the constant banging on about the new scouting and recruitment system. If it’s so good and groundbreaking then why are we signing the exact type of player that has shafted us for the last 2 seasons. Barely professional jobbers who are clinging on to pro football. The board are so hopeless and Holt is the tip of the iceberg.

I think because the Board lack football knowledge (their own admission) they think the rest of us are falling for all the drivel Holt spouts 

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

I've changed my mind on Jaime Wilson, he got 26 goals in 52 games for Rothes FC in his two seasons there. Exactly the type of junior footballer we should have been scouting for years, just wished we'd had him last season.

Soccerbase has him playing zero games for Rothes and scoring 19 goals. He must be good.

7 minutes ago, Syd Puddefoot said:

Soccerbase has him playing zero games for Rothes and scoring 19 goals. He must be good.

My mate is an Albion rovers fan and says Mathew Aitken has blossomed into a v good striker - he is also out of contract and scored 10 last year from 20 starts . Maybe  Sheering should cast an eye as most of their fans don’t think they will be able to hold on to him!  Even as a squad player he would be a better option than some of those proposed on  here and his ration of goals to games is just what Gary Holt says isn’t easy to find ! 

41 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I think because the Board lack football knowledge (their own admission) they think the rest of us are falling for all the drivel Holt spouts 

didn't we drop down the league after his first transfer window? he didn't like Lewis's point on Tiffoney

2 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Robbie Leitch & Akeel Fracis scudded him in the season friendly between our lot last season. Naw.

Yea, and you pumped us six nil, but that didn’t mean much at the end. I’m kidding about Nando, somewhat…but I do think he’d do the job in League One or Two for someone.

5 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

He didn't like Lewis point on Tiffoney because he knew it was a valid point and Tiffoney is exactly the type we should have signed. Not some 17yr old kid who wasn't ready for regular first team football. 

The tiffoney is a young boy too pish. Aye he's played over 100 first team games FFS. Our 3 kiddies had neilsons handful of games and that was it.

30 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

My mate is an Albion rovers fan and says Mathew Aitken has blossomed into a v good striker - he is also out of contract and scored 10 last year from 20 starts . Maybe  Sheering should cast an eye as most of their fans don’t think they will be able to hold on to him!  Even as a squad player he would be a better option than some of those proposed on  here and his ration of goals to games is just what Gary Holt says isn’t easy to find ! 

He's signed with Forfar for the season i'm sure.