The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Also strikes me that both CI and NB should be working with experienced lawyers when dealing with the board.  Much of whats been said over the last couple of months comes down to clash or personality/he said/she said nonsense.  Would also put an end to all the personal attack and 'he only wanted to talk by phone' stuff that makes discussions like these end up impossible.  

These are big investments/commitments - take the emotion out of it and let professionals handle all the negotiations.  

Hindsight is a wonderful thing. However, in the case of the CI, using a lawyer would be an unnecessary cost unless they did it for free.

This should really have been an easy PR exercise for the club, but they threw that away with their incessant request for changes after agreeing items, their wish to take control after insisting it was a wholly a fans led initiative and then taking umbrage with pretty nasty phone calls and e-mails when asked to provide a written assurance that the work would get done in a way befitting Crunchie.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Give it five years and that'll be a Lowland League fixture.

C'mon Marshy, 5 years time, 2026, that will be our 150th anniversary.

Being in the Lowland League would put a bit of a dampener on our "celebrations".

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If he’s injured again I’ll be really pissed off. He’s a total waste of a wage if that’s the case cos he’ll have missed an entire pre-season !!

For me both him and Dowds I'd have serious concerns about, if they weren't under contract for this season I'd have let them both go. Seemingly someone mentioned on the COYB page he'd done his collarbone and is out for six weeks. 

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

For me both him and Dowds I'd have serious concerns about, if they weren't under contract for this season I'd have let them both go. Seemingly someone mentioned on the COYB page he'd done his collarbone and is out for six weeks. 

We don't want to have another Carl finnigan situation where he keeps getting fit just before the contract gets renewed then suddenly isn't fit again and misses another pile of games.

19 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What were they boys you released that you had up front last season like? Duku and ugwu. They no maybe do a turn in league one?

Duku already signed for ICT, Ugwu isn’t reported signed (that I’ve seen) and was the better player of the two, in my opinion. Started the season injuries and never got a nice clean run, but a good physical presence up front and showed enough that I wouldn’t have minded re-signing him. He’s also a much better team player, as Duku was reportedly a disruptive presence.

Edited by TxRover
Edited to correct Ugwu “isn’t” signed, that I know of.

42 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Club could have at least done live updates on the game today.

I live for a bit of Trialist b passes to Trialist z who crosses for Trialist d who heads it just over. 

*"trialist b plays the ball square to trialist z who launches it long to Dowds, whose control lets him down because pies..."

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

It’s a massive problem because if they are taking up 2 of the striking positions in the squad, realistically we need 5 strikers to cover injury, suspension and loss of form and we won’t have 5 strikers so effectively we are short in that position.

3 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It’s a massive problem because if they are taking up 2 of the striking positions in the squad, realistically we need 5 strikers to cover injury, suspension and loss of form and we won’t have 5 strikers so effectively we are short in that position.

For all we know there could have been 2/3 trialist strikers today who each bagged themselves a hatrick and instead of sharing the match day ball they all share a 3 year contract.

Edited by FFC 1876

1 hour ago, Bairn in Exile said:

C'mon Marshy, 5 years time, 2026, that will be our 150th anniversary.

Being in the Lowland League would put a bit of a dampener on our "celebrations".

Just like out 100th anniversary - relegated.

Remember it well. It was like a wake at Jessies ( Royal Hotel Bar ) after the last game of the season.

Hope the manager can work out a system of play to screw the best out of what we have.

From what we have so far have not a clue how he will do it.

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Have you got the same source as Shadwell? 😆

Falkirk victory by a similar margin. Report to follow. 

Any snaps of sexy strikers? I'm needing a new profile pic with Keena out for so long(unless Shadders source has been leaking fake injury news as well)

Hi, I was one of the 11 and trust me, this was about helping to drive the football club forward. We were absolutely committed to working with The Rawlins, but with an investment of this size and I strongly believe we would have got more people on board (including a fans initiative), there had to be change. I would ask anyone who was looking to put in an investment of circa £550k plus, would you want a major say in the running of the club? I think we all know the answer. Now, if I had the good of OUR football club at heart and was a Board member and this offer came along, I would have opened the Boardroom door, welcomed the group inside and wished them the very best of luck as I passed them on the way out. What Mr Colborn said on Thursday that it wasn’t in the Director’s remit (or words to that effect), doesn’t wash, an EGM could have been called and it would have flown through. This is every Falkirk supporters club and a big part of our town and community also. From the family buying their season tickets and strips and the people who can afford to buy shares etc it is everyone’s club as an equal. The Directors are there for the good of the club and have to ensure that they park their personalities and do the right thing. I sincerely hope that better times are just around the corner as we are in intensive care and need to get back on our feet and quickly. I for one wish Phil Rawlins the very best of luck. 
CC52 back from the grave.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

Duku already signed for ICT, Ugwu is reported signed (that I’ve seen) and was the better player of the two, in my opinion. Started the season injuries and never got a nice clean run, but a good physical presence up front and showed enough that I wouldn’t have minded re-signing him. He’s also a much better team player, as Duku was reportedly a disruptive presence.

I was just going by the Raith website

Strikers Gozie Ugwu & Manny Duku have been advised that they will not be offered terms for next season. Gozie joined the Rovers last August and made 21 appearances, scoring 5 goals. Manny Duku also joined the Rovers last August and made 33 appearances scoring 14 goals. We thank both players for their service over the last 9 months (with both frontmen scoring goals in vital matches last season) and wish them every success in their respective careers.

I hadn't realised that duku had signed for ICT . Who has ugwu signed for?

51 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:
3 hours ago, Craig1876 said:
Hi, I was one of the 11 and trust me, this was about helping to drive the football club forward. We were absolutely committed to working with The Rawlins, but with an investment of this size and I strongly believe we would have got more people on board (including a fans initiative), there had to be change. I would ask anyone who was looking to put in an investment of circa £550k plus, would you want a major say in the running of the club? I think we all know the answer. Now, if I had the good of OUR football club at heart and was a Board member and this offer came along, I would have opened the Boardroom door, welcomed the group inside and wished them the very best of luck as I passed them on the way out. What Mr Colborn said on Thursday that it wasn’t in the Director’s remit (or words to that effect), doesn’t wash, an EGM could have been called and it would have flown through. This is every Falkirk supporters club and a big part of our town and community also. From the family buying their season tickets and strips and the people who can afford to buy shares etc it is everyone’s club as an equal. The Directors are there for the good of the club and have to ensure that they park their personalities and do the right thing. I sincerely hope that better times are just around the corner as we are in intensive care and need to get back on our feet and quickly. I for one wish Phil Rawlins the very best of luck. 

CC52 back from the grave.

Eh…..naw.