The Falkirk FC Thread

Holt and Deans came across the worst there. Impressed with both Rawlins. Sheerin spoke well again. As for the others not alot to be said. 

Shoutout to Lewis Connolly who despite the shouts it would be filtered asked all the right questions and I dont think left any stone unturned question wise?

7 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Holt, McFarlane, Bateman
Sheerin, Wright, Rawlins
Cockburn, Deans, Lewis

Sounds like a cup winning side 

Guest Peter LaFleur
8 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Holt and Deans came across the worst there. Impressed with both Rawlins. Sheerin spoke well again. As for the others not alot to be said. 

Shoutout to Lewis Connolly who despite the shouts it would be filtered asked all the right questions and I dont think left any stone unturned question wise?

Agreed. I found GD quite tough to listen to and ended up skipping ahead some topics.

With regards to the squad did I catch it right we should expect 2 more permanent signings and 4 loans to supplement the squad? I also assume the player they said they ‘threw their hat’ in for would have been McManus.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

It was exactly the waste of time I thought it would be. No absolutely no more about the navy blue stuff than before.  No answer as to why Rawlins had not increased his investment,  navy blue knocked back for prerequisites that they won't tell you but that the bod couldn't provide for reasons that they won't tell you.  How would they cover the loss of this nearly 1 million great question but no idea.  Nothing to see here basically let's move on. No grilling the bod on the answers. No pressing them to actually answer questions instead of avoiding them. That's not Lewis's fault it's the way they wanted it. 

3 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Btw Freemason im not trying to say we cant or shouldnt discuss club matter here or that its only for football. Iv said plenty agaonst the board on here and will comtinue to do so. But now there are certainly posters not being fully honest about who they are, coming on here and batting for the board, I think its all become a bit "bad faith". My issue is that its turning the thread into a total shit show, and if fopk arent prepared to lay out everything on here, then here likely isnt the place. I dont know what is. The q and a would have been ideal but the club embarrassingly intercepting that one with excuses.

If there are issues and this isnt the place to air them, then tell the fans who arent in the loop where ans when. Plenty of them will be there to support fans who want a stake in the club, me included. Im just having a hard time unravelli g it all on here, because not all of the agendas are immediately.obvious to me

Yep, you are right. It’s a mess, but so far, no-one has hit on a way of unraveling it, and in truth, there seems plenty of interest in it never being unraveled. We aren’t a middle ranking third tier side due to a wee bit of bad luck, that’s for sure.

Feck me the fact he thinks we have enough to win the league virtually already is frightening. We're 4 or 5 at a minimum away from what is want to see. Going by the talk too they are flinging every penny at this season which is very worrying going by previous failures.

Only listened to the first half so far but someone really needs to give GD a few beginner lessons in PR.

Just apologise. You don't even have to mean it.

This whole 'I'm sorry...if it was interpreted that way..." is just going to get on everyone's tits 

5 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Agreed. I found GD quite tough to listen to and ended up skipping ahead some topics.

With regards to the squad did I catch it right we should expect 2 more permanent signings and 4 loans to supplement the squad? I also assume the player they said they ‘threw their hat’ in for would have been McManus.

Throwing your hat in isn't going out and getting the guy. It's just telling him your interested basically. Wong get many decent players by simply throwing your hat in for them.

1 hour ago, AL-FFC said:

1 hour in the CI initiative comes up, and the questions were from the guys at the CI initiative the only one that doesnt come out of that well is Deans and comes across very bitter about it.

It's obvious that the ci boys were promised and agreed something by deans who is now going back on the whole thing. Whilst he says he's committed to it hd ignores the being committed to it as was agreed in 2019. 

20 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck me the fact he thinks we have enough to win the league virtually already is frightening. We're 4 or 5 at a minimum away from what is want to see. Going by the talk too they are flinging every penny at this season which is very worrying going by previous failures.

Which is exactly what Sheerin said, no?

12 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Only listened to the first half so far but someone really needs to give GD a few beginner lessons in PR.

Just apologise. You don't even have to mean it.

This whole 'I'm sorry...if it was interpreted that way..." is just going to get on everyone's tits 

Yep, I don’t know if he has attended one of the companies that run media interaction courses, but one of the basic tenets of “when you feel pressured, become human and vulnerable, and give the impression that you are apologising when in fact you are empathising. It allows you to move on to something else”. E.g., Do not say “I am sorry for lying to you” Do say “I am sorry that you interpreted what I said as being untrue”.  Do not say “I am sorry for causing you distress”. Do say “I am sorry that you feel that way”. Christ, I still have the course notes up the loft. The bit that GD didn’t take in was “Don’t use this method to answer every sodding question”.

I am still going to mentally partition off Sheerin from the rest of them. He is a non contributor to the mess. The rest have shown often enough that their status is what matters. 

The lying isn’t going to stop. The German propaganda guy was right……..when you lie, your strategy becomes clear….you must keep on lying……you cannot change your story if you wish to survive.

41 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

2 hour mark asked the question about signing a proven striker i.e. Goodwillie and board were unanimous in saying no to Goodwille for reasons already discussed on here

Good. That would be me finished if we signed him.

Q&A initial thoughts: 

1. Deans is a knob and came across the worst.  
2. Colin McFarlane loves Gary Holt a bit too much
3. I give him stick but fair play to Lewis Connolly on this occasion. 
4. Sheerin comes across awright. 
5. McFarlane saying that the fans had to be more understanding was easily the most infuriating comment.