The Falkirk FC Thread

17 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Partly watched it.....will watch the rest later.

Impressed with wee Luigi asking difficult questions !

Impressed with Phil Rawlins...appears to have the correct political statements and know what is required. Like the idea that Greaves Sports will be involved in the merchandising side. Just hope it makes sense, imporves our offering and doesn't cost the club too much.

Less impressed with the Board. The key points being rejection of the investment. I certainly would like more details from the Navy Blue if it was a "withdrawl" or "rejection"...and why if it is not confidential.  I'm not convinced by the Boards response to it either and if they really are looking after the best interests of the club or their own backs. 

They never answered any of the questions as to why there was a breakdown in relations with the Crunchie Initiative. The main stand signage issue was a "smoke screen"

If correct....only 620 season tickets sold.

620 can't say they haven't brought it on themselves. 

Looks like they are monitoring whats being said on P&B judging by the comments

My view so far Rawlins comes across very well as does Carrie (she apologised if what shes said has been interpreted as chastising) The rest of the board not impressed and show where the issues are but thats just my opinion.

The whole navy blue thing is just whitewashed.  Going on about things they couldn't provide as shareholders had voted on certain things.( Probably deans being the bloody chairman) Why not put it back to the shareholders then and see what they think of the whole thing?  Whole thing was very patronising and basically accusing some guys who have supported the club for many years of wasting their time and meddle making. I loved how deans said he consulted.the other board members as to whether he should continue. Christ their all his mates do are hardly going to say otherwise. 

1 minute ago, AL-FFC said:

Another 2 years till they review the artificial pitch

Thats not on its fecked the now. It's going to get embarrassing if they leave it that long. There's no way that was the original lifespan. I thought we had factored the funding of replacing it with the whole package. Im sure Andy Thomson went on about that back when we got it.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Thats not on its fecked the now. It's going to get embarrassing if they leave it that long. There's no way that was the original lifespan. I thought we had factored the funding of replacing it with the whole package. Im sure Andy Thomson went on about that back when we got it.

They just said no intention of reviewing the pitch for another 2 years (2023) and there is no guarantee that its going to be back to grass.  To your other bit i think it highlights what Phil Rawlins said the club made far too many cuts and its hurt us far too much and its trying to put that back in place.

Edited by AL-FFC

I thought this too, i thought Houston said that in his last season he thought it was degrading. Now that there's the pitches to the side of the stadium is it really worth it anymore? Surely we can train there.

Another reddie for me off Pedro. Hiya Gary Holt, Hiya pal!

Paul Sheerin saying we have a squad of 16 players, need another keeper taking us up to 17, then looking to sign 1 more player to give us a squad of 18. The rest made up with loans.

Sheerin thinks the quality of player that we have signed so far is great.

Fucking marvellous.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Paul Sheerin saying we have a squad of 16 players, need another keeper taking us up to 17, then looking to sign 1 more player to give us a squad of 18. The rest made up with loans.

Fucking marvellous.

Did say at the start each player has been scouted a minimum of 3 times the initial signings 7 

Sheerin saying he intends to play with a high intensity and that the players are in double sessions at the moment

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Fucking marvellous.

Aye cause he’s gonna tell us how pish our signings have been and how fucked we are for next year eh. Have a bit of common sense cmon. 

2 minutes ago, FalkirkLad said:

Aye cause he’s gonna tell us how pish our signings have been and how fucked we are for next year eh. Have a bit of common sense cmon. 

So, what do you think of our recruitment so far then?