The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I just don't get those who have a love affair with the current BoD's and take umbrage at those fans who are trying to make things better.  We initially had it with Kenny Jamieson's et al fans scheme that was going to inject serious cash plus continuous investment. We now have it with the Navy Blue Guys. Questions get raised about what their intentions are and their motives....but no one has yet answered what the Rawlins intentions are or the BoD's motives in rejecting £600k in cash.

I don’t actually think there’s many who have a “love affair with the board”. I dislike the board as much as the next person and I’m sure we’re all totally fed up with the way our club is being run. I also think the treatment of the CI guys is a disgrace.

However I disagree with the statement that fans take umbrage at fans. The fans were massively behind KJ and the Back the Bairns bid. The only time KJ got stick (as far as I am aware) is when he started talking in riddles about MC and the fans (quite rightly) wanted more info. 

As for the Navy Blue…I’m sorry but I can see exactly why it was rejected. For me they made too many demands and made a huge mistake not getting the fans on board before submitting their bid. The fact that most fans knew nothing about it until it had been rejected was poor.

There was a campaign to get Rawlins in and there now seems to a campaign to get him out before he’s even set foot in the country. Is that because peoples noses are out of joint or is there more to it? Until the riddlers on both sides of the table start talking straight then I’m not sure I’ll ever know. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

I’m only going on what’s been said here, what’s available online and what the club have put out in recent weeks. I just don’t like what I’m hearing and I can’t hide away my annoyance for everything that’s went on the past few years and believe that this board are turning things around. 

Seen a comment on social media asking for proof of the 600k bid. I agree that it would definitely be good if any of the investors put out something in public but there’s too much detail here for it not to be true. Also the board were quick to quash rumours of us asking Neil McCann to apply for the managers job so if this was totally made up then you’d think they would be quick to quash it too. 

16 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Okay maybe I.can be persuaded that we can bring through the odd player but I was involved at Youth level when Sibbald , Fulton McGrandles , Kingsley  etc.   came through and the boys who were the best at 10 or 11 were the best at 16 or 17 . They can be coached but it’s pretty clear from an early age if they have got it or not. My point is that people should understand that our new proposed waifs and strays model may bring the odd gem but is unlikely to be a conveyor belt as ALL the parents and most of the really talented  kids want to be involved with the Elite league playing against the other top teams.

I just hope one day we can get that boat sailing again  and have an equal chance of unearthing real top talent lcally. 

Mark Stewart, Murray Wallace, Botti Biabi, Daryl Duffy and Robbie Mutch to name a few who did their time in academies elsewhere and we have benefited over £1m

The above was the original, dare I say Brentford model, could also say Crewe and clubs a plenty picked up academy prem players then sell them, Brentford did venture into using stats whilst shopping abroad but got their fingers burnt.

It's ideally a cheaper ease our way into getting a reserve squad to enhance the first team, Sibbald was one player I think we had from an early age and made zero £s for that, Mcgrandles, Kingsley and Wallace the money men for us did their early years elsewhere.

One thing i will say so far rawlins was right the club was a shambles top top bottom but you didnt need to be a rocket scientist to work that one out, interesting he pointed out it had cut back too far.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Clicked on the link. 2 hours 15 minutes long. Think I will pass 

You can put the Gary Deans down to the umm.. err most of his time speaking, Rawlins comes across welland interesting the things that have went on behind the scenes.

41 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Mark Stewart, Murray Wallace, Botti Biabi, Daryl Duffy and Robbie Mutch to name a few who did their time in academies elsewhere and we have benefited over £1m

The above was the original, dare I say Brentford model, could also say Crewe and clubs a plenty picked up academy prem players then sell them, Brentford did venture into using stats whilst shopping abroad but got their fingers burnt.

It's ideally a cheaper ease our way into getting a reserve squad to enhance the first team, Sibbald was one player I think we had from an early age and made zero £s for that, Mcgrandles, Kingsley and Wallace the money men for us did their early years elsewhere.

Kingsley didn’t. Was with us from 9 or 10. McGrandles 14, Wallace 16. 

39 mins in is where they start talking about the investment questions and the local investors and Lewis has asked pretty much asked every question thats been posted on here.

Edited by AL-FFC

5 hours ago, badgerthewitness said:

While the jury may be out on the Rawlins' intentions, I can't think of many local 'businessmen' I'd trust with the future of our club. I'll remain neutral for the time being.

Two local businessmen that came out the blue were Moffat & Johnston in the early 80's. Their trust was earned with the astute stewardship of the club. Falkirk fans themselves we could do with individuals of their caliber once more.

39 mins in is where they start talking about the investment questions and the local investors and Lewis has asked pretty much asked every question thats been posted on here.
After all the histrionics on here about it not being live I'm glad that's the case, not sure when I'll get 2 hours to listen to the whole thing though!

Partly watched it.....will watch the rest later.

Impressed with wee Luigi asking difficult questions !

Impressed with Phil Rawlins...appears to have the correct political statements and know what is required. Like the idea that Greaves Sports will be involved in the merchandising side. Just hope it makes sense, imporves our offering and doesn't cost the club too much.

Less impressed with the Board. The key points being rejection of the investment. I certainly would like more details from the Navy Blue if it was a "withdrawl" or "rejection"...and why if it is not confidential.  I'm not convinced by the Boards response to it either and if they really are looking after the best interests of the club or their own backs. 

They never answered any of the questions as to why there was a breakdown in relations with the Crunchie Initiative. The main stand signage issue was a "smoke screen"

If correct....only 620 season tickets sold.

1 hour in the CI initiative comes up, and the questions were from the guys at the CI initiative the only one that doesnt come out of that well is Deans and comes across very bitter about it.