The Falkirk FC Thread

56 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Maybe they have signed Vigurs and Draper because Fyvie is on the move? 

Anyone know why Fyvie went downhill so fast? I remember seeing him in one of his early games for Aberdeen, and he looked like he was the real deal. Obviously something went very wrong for him.

12 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Anyone know why Fyvie went downhill so fast? I remember seeing him in one of his early games for Aberdeen, and he looked like he was the real deal. Obviously something went very wrong for him.

Just think he got incredibly unlucky with injuries. Cove was probably the ideal place for him as well as he could return home to Aberdeen and he won't be getting peanuts.

1 hour ago, Newbornbairn said:

Aye maybe, I just get fed up of the incessant, non stop, perpetual whining and that one - new to the board - has done nothing but piss, moan and spread shite since he joined just a few weeks ago. Folk are moaning about every...fucking...thing and now somehow Cove are going to walk the league because they signed a nobody, a crock, Leitch and Vigurs - who County fans describe as "a lazy, narky shitebag",  who  "isn’t the player he once was... his legs are gone and is a bit of a shitehawk these days" and prone to " some mental decision making when it comes to defending

It's absolutely mental the way this thread is going. 

Aye....and you are more of a Falkirk fan because you’ve posted over 11k times. You have no idea the good times and bad times I have endured watching and supporting our club....and believe me this is close to the worst of times, that could go even more pear shaped. Just read the posts from BPM, CP and DF to get an idea of what is going on.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Our club is languishing in the 3rd Div. We have no idea what the Rawlins are doing. The BoD have shafted the CI lads as well as rejecting £600k of investment. Our signings haven’t been inspiring.....and you are looking for bright sun and happiness from posts on here. F**k me you really need to get a grip on reality.

2 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

We’ll sign strikers.

Whether they are any good remains to be seen but surely we have to at least wait until they are announced before writing them off.

Also, no I wasn’t saying the same last season as I knew who are strikers were and I knew Dowds was huff n puff, Sammon was minging, Francis was worse and Miller was done. As things stand none of us actually know who will play up front next season so I’m gona wait until I do before I start making predictions 👍🏻

If you read what I said. I used the word IF. But as it stands the two Cove signings added to their two goal scorers they look stronger than us IMO 

11 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Just think he got incredibly unlucky with injuries. Cove was probably the ideal place for him as well as he could return home to Aberdeen and he won't be getting peanuts.

2 cruciates derailed his career certainly. Still very comfortable on the ball, can dictate play and rarely loses possession. Could play higher. Agreed Aberdeen lad back home. Vigurs is the same and probably a reason he chose us over the other offers he had (3 year deal would have helped!)

Aye maybe, I just get fed up of the incessant, non stop, perpetual whining and that one - new to the board - has done nothing but piss, moan and spread shite since he joined just a few weeks ago. Folk are moaning about every...fucking...thing and now somehow Cove are going to walk the league because they signed a nobody, a crock, Leitch and Vigurs - who County fans describe as "a lazy, narky shitebag",  who  "isn’t the player he once was... his legs are gone and is a bit of a shitehawk these days" and prone to " some mental decision making when it comes to defending

It's absolutely mental the way this thread is going. 
Inclined to agree. I hate the Falkirk FC owners and board as much as the next man but this forum has become a battleground for anonymous folk to grind their axes in a bit of a dishonest way for me. If folk know stuff, just fucking out with it and let the cards fall.

If not, then just remember this is a football discussion board. Take the riddles and smoke and mirrors shite somewhere else

30 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Do we have any friendlies lined up at all? The fixtures on the website haven't been updated

We’re playing Cowdenbeath on Saturday, weirdly not announced by the club but Cowdenbeath have and is behind closed doors.

Inclined to agree. I hate the Falkirk FC owners and board as much as the next man but this forum has become a battleground for anonymous folk to grind their axes in a bit of a dishonest way for me. If folk know stuff, just fucking out with it and let the cards fall.

If not, then just remember this is a football discussion board. Take the riddles and smoke and mirrors shite somewhere else
Exactly my sentiments. That's why I suggested they stand up and fight or shut it. At least the games will give us something real to moan at. Close season madness has descended on us!
Do I remember correctly that last year we were scratching our heads re strikers before the season started. Hope we have someone in soon as some people are running out of incontinence pads!

In my view I've not seen so much 'spreading shite', I think there is almost two camps and no one is changing sides hence the repetition from both parties. That doesn't look likely to change unless we run away with the league and that gains momentum.

However I am surprised fans have been so forgiving, given what has went on that is visible to all, and giving it just one more season again, so I guess that will never alter.

From a footballing perspective, good to see the full backs improve, but disappointed the spine hasn't been addressed in any position yet.

I think the bods lack of decent Comms doesn't help and causes issues between the fans. The q and a will either improve things or make them a whole lot worse. Tell us what the Rawlings plans are. What do they bring to the party, why haven't they increased their investment. Why have you treated the ci boys like utter shite. Why have you ko'd 600k of investment without a single word of it to the other 74 percent of shareholders. More openness and a clear explanation of what the long term plan is would perhaps clear a few things up that is of course if there is one.

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Again you keep going on about this. Whose going to sell him their shares like? We're all Falkirk fans we don't have then for value. We have them because we love the club. £1 , 40p, 1p people aren't going to sell their shares to this boy so I don't know why you keep repeating this rubbish.

I know, I laugh out loud every time he comes out with this nonsense. He goes on like Rawlins is trying to wrestle Facebook shares from Bono, it's Falkirk Football Club FFS! It's not Wall Street.  

Ultimately, even getting back to the top flight, and let’s say their 26% (or 45%) of shares they paid 40p(?) or less for sky rocket to £1.40. So, let’s say they have 45% of all shares that exist (so 45% of 5,000,000). So they want to make a killing and to walk away, so then they offer up all their shares at the end of the rainbow price of £1.40. That’s 2,250,000 shares looking for someone to buy into this oh so lucrative Falkirk Football Club.

“Yes mate, you can have less than half of this wee club for a pittance…….£3,150,000 and it yours (well, the league registration is yours along with bits and pieces of the stadium and the players. It really is a steal.”

10 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

A couple so far. They're getting good game time off them too which is one of the reasons they managed to make the playoffs last season on a small budget compared to many others . Boy Bowie that went to fulham is a good big player as is the boy Tait.

Okay maybe I.can be persuaded that we can bring through the odd player but I was involved at Youth level when Sibbald , Fulton McGrandles , Kingsley  etc.   came through and the boys who were the best at 10 or 11 were the best at 16 or 17 . They can be coached but it’s pretty clear from an early age if they have got it or not. My point is that people should understand that our new proposed waifs and strays model may bring the odd gem but is unlikely to be a conveyor belt as ALL the parents and most of the really talented  kids want to be involved with the Elite league playing against the other top teams.

I just hope one day we can get that boat sailing again  and have an equal chance of unearthing real top talent lcally. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I thought they had to increase their share percentage by the 31st of may.

No time limit so far as I can see. Was a 3 month period for those buying shares back from those reacquired from some of the previous MSG though. 

3 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

No time limit so far as I can see. Was a 3 month period for those buying shares back from those reacquired from some of the previous MSG though. 

There is a time limit at 40p. Off the top of my head I am not sure when the finishes. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

There is a time limit at 40p. Off the top of my head I am not sure when the finishes. 

There was a mention of 5 years in something I viewed.

The thing is too, that if the Rawlins wanted to increase to 45% then it would cost them more than half a million as the price is 50p/share. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts