The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Teams like Raith have no problems bringing through good young talent despite the Fife academy only being on the 3rd rung of the  ladder never mind elite.. This rubbish about the elite academies getting all the good players was a made up yarn to get the academy closed and nowt else.

How many have they sold on ? 

12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

How many have they sold on ? 

A couple so far. They're getting good game time off them too which is one of the reasons they managed to make the playoffs last season on a small budget compared to many others . Boy Bowie that went to fulham is a good big player as is the boy Tait.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

43 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Looking through the league 1&2 top scorers from last season Hester from Elgin and Megginson from Cove both scored 14 league goals. Paton from Stranraer who we have been linked with scored 6 in 21 games with 1 assist. And looking through both lists there's about three or four from league 1 you would take but obviously no chance of getting them ie Megginson, Graham, Rudden and Goodwillie. I hope Sheerin has a couple of aces up his sleeve. 

Paton was played wide right most of the season, so maybe not the best comparison. 10 in 31 in all competitions.

26 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Vigurs signing for cove is an excellent deal for them. Always thought he was a decent player .  

I hope it turns out that way. He's going to bolster our midfield and it will be interesting watching him play alongside Fyvie. Should be a strong partnership.

Haven't seen too much of Draper to be honest.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

5 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I hope it turns out that way. He's going to bolster our midfield and it will be interesting watching him play alongside Fyvie. Should be a strong partnership.

Haven't seen too much of Draper to be honest.

cause he is injury prone AF, 3 year deal for him is wild even in league 1

53 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Where are the Council getting the funds for this?

Let’s not forget back in mid 00s they were offered a cheque of £3m to go towards a sports Scotland indoor facility at the stadium (behind the south stand) the same as at Ravenscraig & Toryglen and had to match the donated figure. They didn’t as we know. 

1 minute ago, FalkirkLad said:

cause he is injury prone AF, 3 year deal for him is wild even in league 1

Last couple of seasons by all accounts he does seem to be so a gamble and agreed 3 year deal is madness. Prior to 2019 seemed to be a regular and never miss a game.

Screenshot_20210623-141641.jpg

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

Trying to tell me Zac Rudden didn't care about what happened to us? 

Nope, in the moment probably gutted for the fans but once he left the ground and returned to his parent club I doubt he gave one f**k about Falkirk, guy done all he could with us and he was a great player but dont kid yourself into thinking he cried himself to sleep over our relegation. Would of meant nothing to him personally. 

1 hour ago, MrDust said:

One decent signing can win you the league for the full time teams, we had keystone cops in defence and had the best defence, the big picture is the way to goal.

Tiffoney and a fit Rudden got Partick over the line. I'm still of the opinion McManus would've got us over the line if we had completed the season. 

We need our signings to be more creative with goals and Keena to show what he is capable of, we very much need a striker or two in tho.

That's the rub. If you are decent then you wont be looking at league Falkirk are in. Same goes for players on loan we ain't got that reputation anymore.  

Sad but that is the state of things.

8 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That's the rub. If you are decent then you wont be looking at league Falkirk are in. Same goes for players on loan we ain't got that reputation anymore.  

Sad but that is the state of things.

I agree. We need to remember our current situation - 5th in the Seaside Leagues last season and no guarantee that we will not struggle this season as well. We have gone from regular Championship contenders and a conveyor belt of young players to a bang mediocre club in a short number of seasons. Unless something dramatic happens there is no way in hell we will attract the kind of players we want.  The only way we could do that is splash the cash....but it aint happening.  Just as well our fanbase potential is huge compared to the others, or we could be turning into another Airdire or Clyde very quickly. 

I can only hope Sheerin knows what he is doing ! 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Vigurs signing for cove is an excellent deal for them. Always thought he was a decent player .  

Vigurs for me the best signing in this division so far, he should get double figures in goals and create similar or more

Guest Peter LaFleur
47 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No wonder they wanted the dross off their books. We were the mugs who have fallen for it by the look

Ross a straight swap for Leitch? Dross for dross. Vigurs and Draper may end up brilliant signings or could easily end up like Alston and Swanson as players finished for any level. Not sure I’d have been keen for Falkirk to offer either players 3-year deals at 33.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

58 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Let’s not forget back in mid 00s they were offered a cheque of £3m to go towards a sports Scotland indoor facility at the stadium (behind the south stand) the same as at Ravenscraig & Toryglen and had to match the donated figure. They didn’t as we know. 

Different regime and that really was a missed opportunity.

Money much tighter now and even though the current administration are much more friendly towards the club I would think there would be little to no chance of securing funding for this.

26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

I agree. We need to remember our current situation - 5th in the Seaside Leagues last season and no guarantee that we will not struggle this season as well. We have gone from regular Championship contenders and a conveyor belt of young players to a bang mediocre club in a short number of seasons. Unless something dramatic happens there is no way in hell we will attract the kind of players we want.  The only way we could do that is splash the cash....but it aint happening.  Just as well our fanbase potential is huge compared to the others, or we could be turning into another Airdire or Clyde very quickly. 

I can only hope Sheerin knows what he is doing ! 

That's where you'd hope Rawlins would come in. If he's got links to agents, links to different markets you'd think there must be some folk out there who owes him a favour and could send a couple of players our way. Otherwise what is he actually doing?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

That's where you'd hope Rawlins would come in. If he's got links to agents, links to different markets you'd think there must be some folk out there who owes him a favour and could send a couple of players our way. Otherwise what is he actually doing?

Letting his Mrs ruffle quite a few feathers !  Apart from that pretty much hee-haw from what I can see !!!!