The Falkirk FC Thread

Unsure about this one, Cove fans haven’t seemed to be particularly impressed with him this season although time will tell. 
Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously. Presumably Sheerin has had a fair bit of input on this one as well which is a good sign regardless of how this transfer turns out.

Edited by Chinatoon Bairn

Guest Peter LaFleur

I'm quite underwhelmed with the signing tbh. Never seemed to get a run in the Cove side but I will trust Sheerin's judgement and the boy is only 21. Hopefully he is one Sheerin see's as back-up to the starting 11 and a player to further develop.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

12 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Seb Ross, another Sheerin man. Can play out wide or prefers to play as the number 10. Done reasonably well at Stenny on loan a few years ago and is still only 21.

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited sub appearances. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

I never thought he'd go to a promotion pushing L1 side to be honest but the Severin link has landed him a chance with the Bairns

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited starts. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

When he played with you did he play in the middle of the park? From what I remember of him at Stenny he played as the 10 and made runs in behind the defence. I'm hoping it's been a case of just the wrong fit at Cove as you tended to play with the three centre midfielders last year instead of someone playing as the number 10. Sheerin knows what he's getting from him having brought him through the Aberdeen youth team so he obviously knows where he wants him to play.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Seems a bit strange us signing players that struggle to get a game for cove.  Squad cover perhaps?

15 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Unsure about this one, Cove fans haven’t seemed to be particularly impressed with him this season although time will tell. 
Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously.

15 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I'm quite underwhelmed with the signing tbh. Never stuck out during our games versus Cove but I will trust Sheerin's judgement and the boy is only 21. Hopefully he is one Sheerin see's as back-up to the starting 11 and a player to further develop.

Don't the lot of you be so polite, it's a shite signing. Rawlins has his millions and we're shopping in the bargain basement. Millionaires are millionaires for a reason, the never part with their cash. Like @Bigbrbairn previously mentioned, I too was hoping the gap in signings would see the next one being a belter, how disappointing. Doesn't bode well for the season.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

4 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

When he played with you did he play in the middle of the park? From what I remember of him at Stenny he played as the 10 and made runs in behind the defence. I'm hoping it's been a case of just the wrong fit at Cove as you tended to play with the three centre midfielders last year instead of someone playing as the number 10. Sheerin knows what he's getting from him having brought him through the Aberdeen youth team so he obviously knows where he wants him to play.

I think we played him in the number 10 role. He's pretty lightweight as I remember and although has a bit of pace he didn't have end product.

To be honest you gave us Leitch and we've given you Seb. Probably about that same standard

Edited by CoveRangers1922

11 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Hope it works out at Falkirk for Seb but he was a fringe player for us and struggled to show any kind of form for in his limited sub appearances. Not a goalscorer and doesn't create much either. I didn't see a standout attribute but like I said didn't play overly much. Suspect he'll be a squad player.

I never thought he'd go to a promotion pushing L1 side to be honest but the Severin link has landed him a chance with the Bairns

Stenhousemuir had him on loan from Aberdeen in our relegation season of 2018/19 and this comment sums up Seb Ross quite well. I think he was quite highly rated by the Dons but I didn't see anything from him to suggest he'd cut it in the Premiership, or full-time football for that matter.

Good luck to him!

4 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

I think we played him in the number 10 role. He's pretty lightweight as I remember and although has a bit of pace he didn't have end product.

To be honest you gave us Leitch and we've given you Seb. Probably about that same standard

If hes the same standard as Leitch were f***ed

3 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

That what I was about to say I hope he's not another Leitch. Agree with others on the two and three year contracts though, they have to work and the harsh reality is one or two probably won't. Don't know anything about this guy and probably the most underwhelming signing yet. 

18 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Hopefully Sheerin can get him firing considering he’s worked with him previously. Presumably Sheerin has had a fair bit of input on this one as well which is a good sign regardless of how this transfer turns out.

Unless the rest of the players he signs turn out to be shite. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
16 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

The narrative of Sheerin being a puppet for Holt seems to be wrong, who would have thought.

Who was pushing that narrative? I think the opinion seemed to be that Sheerin was his own man. 

Storey is a striker who gets played as a winger due to his pace.  His crossing is shite but his finishing is excellent.  I think he's been played as a winger since he left The Caley in 2016 at Aberdeen, Thistle and then The Caley again.

He needs to be played as a striker.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Storey is a striker who gets played as a winger due to his pace.  His crossing is shite but his finishing is excellent.  I think he's been played as a winger since he left The Caley in 2016 at Aberdeen, Thistle and then The Caley again.

He needs to be played as a striker.

Does he still have his pace after his injuries? From what I remember of him he was good at making himself a nuisance but didn't really do much other than that. 3 goals and 4 assists for him last season.