The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

Aslong as it's not Miles Storey.

Not a clue if he’s even linked but I’d take him on a one year deal as I think he would do well in league 1. Reminds me of Petraviscius in that they’re terrible footballers but athletes. Pace and power would be an asset in this league.

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Not a clue if he’s even linked but I’d take him on a one year deal as I think he would do well in league 1. Reminds me of Petraviscius in that they’re terrible footballers but athletes. Pace and power would be an asset in this league.

Very much a head down and run type of player. I'm torn on whether I'd be happy with him or not. He's had a fair few injuries over the years.

4 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I only mentioned him as he's been freed, has Aberdeen connections, I wouldn't take him we already have Morrison who has pace but not much of an end product, and we really don't know if Nesbitt or Mcguffie will be similar. We need two forwards who can score goals. 

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Two words. Connor and Sammon!

7 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I only mentioned him as he's been freed, has Aberdeen connections, I wouldn't take him we already have Morrison who has pace but not much of an end product, and we really don't know if Nesbitt or Mcguffie will be similar. We need two forwards who can score goals. 

To be fair last season our issue was more to do with not creating any chances and Sammon even managed to look like a competent footballer occassionally at this level from just using his pace and putting himself about a bit. 

Your hoping the players we have signed in the midfield/wide areas will do the business for us, whilst I really wouldn't want  Storey it wouldn't surprise me if McKay has been endorsing him to Sheerin who probably already knows him. 

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

That is very true.

Actually met big Connor the other day and he seems a very nice lad. He said it's a shame to see what's happening with the BOD and fans just now because Falkirk are a great club. He actually said 'cloob' in a very strong Irish accent but I got the drift! 

44 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

2 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

And/or we have missed out on targets

Aye, probably these buggers. 😋

28 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Actually met big Connor the other day and he seems a very nice lad. He said it's a shame to see what's happening with the BOD and fans just now because Falkirk are a great club. He actually said 'cloob' in a very strong Irish accent but I got the drift! 

Unfortunately I think that is what has hindered his footballing career. If he was a big idiot who just put himself through people using his build to his advantage he'd have done much better.

Edited by FFC 1876

46 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

To be fair last season our issue was more to do with not creating any chances and Sammon even managed to look like a competent footballer occassionally at this level from just using his pace and putting himself about a bit. 

He had one decent game last season against clyde and that was it. 

17 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

He had one decent game last season against clyde and that was it. 

I'm in no way shape or form saying he's a good footballer. But there's a reason he was preferred to Keena for example in games last season. If we're planning on playing one upfront then someone with pace, who can make a nuisance of themselves running the channels and creating space for the runners in behind him will be better than a Keena or Dowds up top on their own. There's no doubt we never saw the best of Keena or Dowds last season but I don't necessarily  put the blame on the individuals for that given we created absolutely nothing with Telfer out the team last season.

I'd love to see Telfer in the number 10 position this season as that's where he can affect the game the most. Always looks to get on the ball and showed last season he's capable of pinging one in from the edge of the box. 

Edited by FFC 1876

He's Alloa's problem now. There's not one of those away with the possible exception of Gomis instead of Hall that were worth keeping. If Dowds hasn't improved massively then you can see him becoming the new "big useless haddie" up front.