The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Typical. No goalkeeper tops. Is Robbie just wearing last seasons!!!!!

Not sure why, but for some reason goalie tops always seem to be the last to arrive.

The shop rarely sells goalie tops hence (I presume) why they're never included in FFC kit launches. There will be new ones next season. 

Edited by Bainsfordbairn
grammar

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I think it's smart. Think the sponsor's logo would have been better in gold though.

Gold with red in the strip?? Shameful fashion sense that 😆

11 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Home Taps decent away is a bit too busy for me. Don't mind the colour but would prefer it just plain.  Surely some strikers must be incoming soon?

You'd hope so, at least they aren't rushing into signing any old shite but by the same token it's not long till the competitive action starts. 

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Care to elaborate?

It does seem the fella behind Clarke EPOS is to Ayr fans a bit like Mark Campbell is to Falkirk fans.  He was fairly vocal about being keen to takeover Ayr in 2014.  The Daily Record covered it by describing him as someone who "made his fortune by forming Restoraroof..."  Restoraroof was wound up a year later.  It doesn't look like they ever filed any accounts - I can't see any on Companies House.  

Since then, it's hard to see what he was up to between 2015 and 2020.  He doesn't appear to have put anything on his LinkedIn page.  Then in August last year Clarke EPOS was founded.  They appear to have a fairly perfunctory website at the moment.  It's  Facebook page seems quite heavy on posts about its various football sponsorships and other businesses with a bit less than I'd expect about EPOS systems or customer testimonials. 

Tbh, I'm really not sure what to make of it all (certainly seems a bit odd) but if we've got the cash up front then it's not our problem I suppose.  

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, joozy said:

It does seem the fella behind Clarke EPOS is to Ayr fans a bit like Mark Campbell is to Falkirk fans.  He was fairly vocal about being keen to takeover Ayr in 2014.  The Daily Record covered it by describing him as someone who "made his fortune by forming Restoraroof..."  Restoraroof was wound up a year later.  It doesn't look like they ever filed any accounts - I can't see any on Companies House.  

Since then, it's hard to see what he was up to between 2015 and 2020.  He doesn't appear to have put anything on his LinkedIn page.  Then in August last year Clarke EPOS was founded.  They appear to have a fairly perfunctory website at the moment.  It's  Facebook page seems quite heavy on posts about its various football sponsorships and other businesses with a bit less than I'd expect about EPOS systems or customer testimonials. 

Tbh, I'm really not sure what to make of it all (certainly seems a bit odd) but if we've got the cash up front then it's not our problem I suppose.  

The problem is that it’s not a great look to have a sponsor on our shirt if the company is a scam. Should we turn our back the other way as to how this company operates so long as a decent chunk of money is coming in the club? Not saying we can account for all the businesses we trade with but as a main shirt sponsor I would like to hope a little due diligence was applied. 

Maybe a question that could have been asked at the Q and A but the deadline for questions has now passed. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, joozy said:

Really weird. Just had a look at their website and Facebook pages. Virtually nothing about their business but loads of pictures of our shirts and St Mirren stuff.  Strange way to run a company....

The guy seems to be less than transparent. Seems to have had four previous companies which have all been struck off, but he himself hasn’t been barred from either setting up a new company, and isn’t barred from being a director, so I suppose if he had the money, and was paying up front, then that is about as far as the story will go for now.

If Clarke-epos disappears in the not too distant future, then not the best. Certainly, his current company seems to be as sparse in trading detail as his other ones. Upside is he ain’t a shareholder.

The guy seems to be less than transparent. Seems to have had four previous companies which have all been struck off, but he himself hasn’t been barred from either setting up a new company, and isn’t barred from being a director, so I suppose if he had the money, and was paying up front, then that is about as far as the story will go for now.
If Clarke-epos disappears in the not too distant future, then not the best. Certainly, his current company seems to be as sparse in trading detail as his other ones. Upside is he ain’t a shareholder.

I mentioned on here last week that it looked a bit like a one man band operation.
From what I can see it’s a reseller business for electronic point of sale equipment. Presumably targeted at large operations?
I do know one of the items he appears to be selling is well established throughout Europe, and that company have a major operation based in Fife so hopefully it’s a legitimate and successful operation....

10 hours ago, Cologne said:

Judging by the -4 it looks like nobody agrees with you. 

-10 now, so I evidently was wrong. We've clearly got a Clive Tyldesley in Lewis Connelly. 

No, we don’t. We have a guy who wants nothing more than to be part of the club and contribute in whatever manner he can.

Now, that straight away makes him a target for those who want to mock or belittle him….be that supporters on a forum, or managers like Paul Hartley. In his voluntary role, Lewis Connolly takes these monotonously regular kickings and never answers back to those supporters or to managers like Paul Hartley.

Now many of us would see what he does as blazer chasing or just brown nosing, but when you see how little he gets in return, then it’s none of these things. For Lewis, it’s just him living not his best life, but one he enjoys and one where he does the best he can in a number of different little roles.

No, he’s not Clive Tyldesley, and no, he doesn’t earn a six figure salary either. He (thankfully) isn’t David Icke, and if we all made a list of a dozen things that need addressed within Falkirk Football Club, the name “Lewis Connolly” shouldn’t feature on any of them.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

No, we don’t. We have a guy who wants nothing more than to be part of the club and contribute in whatever manner he can.

Now, that straight away makes him a target for those who want to mock or belittle him….be that supporters on a forum, or managers like Paul Hartley. In his voluntary role, Lewis Connolly takes these monotonously regular kickings and never answers back to those supporters or to managers like Paul Hartley.

Now many of us would see what he does as blazer chasing or just brown nosing, but when you see how little he gets in return, then it’s none of these things. For Lewis, it’s just him living not his best life, but one he enjoys and one where he does the best he can in a number of different little roles.

No, he’s not Clive Tyldesley, and no, he doesn’t earn a six figure salary either. He (thankfully) isn’t David Icke, and if we all made a list of a dozen things that need addressed within Falkirk Football Club, the name “Lewis Connolly” shouldn’t feature on any of them.

Spot on. Every word.