The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s your problem?

I’ve found their equipment to be quite good.

The look of it, not the sponsor themselves.

The red doesn't work, also don't get why we need the subtext either, at least that text could have been smaller like demolition was, CLARKE would have been fine in white - the rest of it ruins it, especially the POS bit. Who the f**k thought that was a good idea (and i know its not supposed to be piece of s***)

Hell they could have framed it in white like the old coasters strip - make it more of a homage - but nope - lets make it red.

I'll no be buying.

Edited by Bairn4Life

That's a third division kit for me, an attempt of trying to modern retro a top and making it worse.

Retro, best described by the Mighty Boosh as elements of the past and present combined to make something not quite as good as either.

7 minutes ago, Bairn4Life said:

The red doesn't work, also don't get why we need the subtext either, at least that text could have been smaller like demolition was, CLARKE would have been fine in white - the rest of it ruins it, especially the POS bit. Who the f**k thought that was a good idea (and i know its not supposed to be piece of s***)

Hell they could have framed it in white like the old coasters strip - make it more of a homage - but nope - lets make it red.

I'll no be buying.

Okay.

I didn’t  appreciate your point.

Guest Caractacus Potts
11 minutes ago, Bairn4Life said:

I'll no be buying.

It would look better if it was just Clarke but imagine the company would want the full name. Just lucky it doesn’t have the PoS device as it does on the St.Mirren stuff. Barely visible in red too so wonder whose decision that was as you’d think the sponsor would want it as visible as possible?

Anyway neither strip is for me. I like the Coasters top but that one just doesn’t compare. Maybe it’ll grow on me when I see the team play in it. 

Bit of a low key reveal for a new sponsor too. 

25 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, MrDust said:
That's a third division kit for me, an attempt of trying to modern retro a top and making it worse.

Retro, best described by the Mighty Boosh as elements of the past and present combined to make something not quite as good as either.

Eels boy

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

What’s your problem?

I’ve found their equipment to be quite good.

What equipment have you bought from them? 

2 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I take it the photo is darker than the real thing, and doesn’t look like St M/Dunf in reality?

3E8C9442-4E40-4A77-AA47-2FFA7CBE7CCA.jpeg

I bought the home one this morning as i was out and about and heading past the stadium. The home top is very dark, slightly darker than last seasons and is very pars esque.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Fitbaw strips should only be worn by people over the age of 15 to play 5s anyway. 

Agree. Only have 2 tops now.

1957 Falkirk top

1964 Scotland long sleeve top for the appropriate games. But find my self having an auto reflex of holding the cuff and raising my right arm aloft pointing upward when I pass a mirror. The Law goal salute must be the most impersonated and the most famous just understated class.

Guest Ecosse83
50 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

This is from the online shop. Navy Blue to me. 

ECAA12A5-448E-42CA-982E-AC2D65D625FA.jpeg

Dunno what all the moaning about that top looks class to me! Definitely lighter than the earlier pictures of it as well. 

I think it's lovely, yeah.

The sponsor is not going to stand out at all at any distance over 2m so a bit of a failure there. A white background would definitely have made it stand out more but would have possibly dominated the shirt so overall I'm really happy with it.

Pretty decent home strip…but “lePOS” is French for Falkirk? Actually think the red sponsor print isn’t terrible, much better than those logos backed by a huge white oval or such.

The away strip, nah, don’t care for the light blue, but the patterning could have been worse. Much better than last years efforts.

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Dunno what all the moaning about that top looks class to me! Definitely lighter than the earlier pictures of it as well. 

Aye, I think it's smart. Think the sponsor's logo would have been better in gold though.