The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Not sure of any other trialists at present. Will post any updates if I find out more. 

Was the boy from Dumbarton Jaime Wilson not trialing with us. Seemed to be the general consensus with their fans that he'd knocked back a contract with them to go on trial with a full time club and we were that club. 

11 hours ago, Strikerturnedkeeper said:

Looks like Ben Weekes who was previously with Hibernian U18s part off last season.

Think he’s just turned 18. Played as a winger or full back for the academy. Unsure if he’s a triallist or part of Falkirk academy now.

Had been playing with Leith athletic back in January this year but not many games due to pandemic.

Is it not Craig McGuffie...

11 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Always amazes me at this time of year that folk can identify guys like Ben Weekes. Not sure I would recognise most of the Hibs first team!  

You'll probably find he's not indentified him by the picture he obviously either knows Ben Weekes or is in the know so can name exactly which trialist it is.

1 hour ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

72 in 115, not bad at any level. (According to wiki)

Agree that's decent, however in his 6 years in Scotland as a striker he only scored 29 goals. 4 of those years were at Falkirk where he only scored 25 goals. That record backs up how I remember him, pretty poor.