The Falkirk FC Thread

[mention=53662]bairn88[/mention] and [mention=65287]Bigbrbairn[/mention], that’s 2 positive posts in a row - you clearly both don’t understand how the Falkirk thread works.
Don’t let it happen again or I’ll be forced to notify the moderators.
Got fed up with the negative posturing as it does my box in. I only want to see our new signings do well and not spending Saturday nights trying to kick the cat. If people don't have a positive feeling at the start it does not bode well. I LOVE Falkirk FC and 3very close season I hope our newbies are the article. Even the Brentford model disaster lol

17 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:
24 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:
[mention=53662]bairn88[/mention] and [mention=65287]Bigbrbairn[/mention], that’s 2 positive posts in a row - you clearly both don’t understand how the Falkirk thread works.
Don’t let it happen again or I’ll be forced to notify the moderators.

Got fed up with the negative posturing as it does my box in. I only want to see our new signings do well and not spending Saturday nights trying to kick the cat. If people don't have a positive feeling at the start it does not bode well. I LOVE Falkirk FC and 3very close season I hope our newbies are the article. Even the Brentford model disaster lol

Keep up the good work brer. I’ve been posting less lately as it’s always very negative but was pleasantly surprised reading the two posts I referred to earlier.

Watched the training videos again and as I'm sad I counted the players running round the pitch. 21 by my count which means we have either 6 trialists or possibly only 6 of a development team. 

Anyone recognise the player closest to the camera here?

6187EB8D-BDFC-44DB-917E-094432737C37.jpeg

44 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Watched the training videos again and as I'm sad I counted the players running round the pitch. 21 by my count which means we have either 6 trialists or possibly only 6 of a development team. 

Anyone recognise the player closest to the camera here?

6187EB8D-BDFC-44DB-917E-094432737C37.jpeg

The development team will be part time so I’d assume they’d be training in the evenings rather than with the first team.

4 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Volunteer your services if you think you could do a job. He’s the first to admit he’s not Sky Sports/BT but you know what he volunteered & does it when no one else wants to and for bugger all thanks from the club, let alone moaners on social media. 

I find his commentary tedious, if he's a volunteer he should have more freedom to express how shite we look during games, rather than try and con the fans into believing we're the team on the front-foot when we we're playing shockingly bad. He seems like a puppet for the club on some occasions. 

2 minutes ago, MS RR said:

I find his commentary tedious, if he's a volunteer he should have more freedom to express how shite we look during games, rather than try and con the fans into believing we're the team on the front-foot when we we're playing shockingly bad. He seems like a puppet for the club on some occasions. 

The guy just wants to do his bit for the team, to give the lad pelters is a bit uncalled for all he is doing is asking the questions.  In regards to after match he's just trying to put things as easy as possible for the person being asked.  I mean what do you expect

So Lee how shite were we and where did it go wrong

Wheres the plan b

and we really were shite today

How come we still have diddys a, b and c in the team and what was the thought process of giving them a new deal when in actual fact they are p*sh

probably not the questions he would be allowed to ask

As for the zoom q and a its prob going to be a paul's going to be wearing a tracksuit, yes we have been scouting the juniors and we will probably put someone on the nearside post 

Sadly we have a lot of fans who want a positive commentary. They don't want to hear this is pish Falkirk get the finger out and who put that Diddy on the park. That's the job of the spectators! Can you imagine Lewis saying here we are again covering 11 guys who don't give a damn about the team?

I actually quite like Lewis as he’s got a nice pleasant accent and a good flow of words. Comes over quite cultured.

Bearing in mind the constraints put on him, well outlined earlier, I think he does well.

The immediate post match interviews are as good as can be expected under the circumstances.

Having had the chance to listen to commentators of opposing teams, he easily holds his own, I would say.

I think we should dispense with the pre match interviews carried out on the Thursday or Friday prior, as none of our recent managers have stated anything interesting. From a fan’s perspective, you hope to hear about injuries, proposed team selections, etc., but realistically, that’s never going to happen. So, I say, bin it.

5 hours ago, kiddy said:

Just out of interest, that would be the same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to get the Andy Walker deal over the line. The same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to save the club when the receivers walked through the door, the same shareholders who let BtB save their shareholding with bucket collections, from Joe Public, on Meeks Road. The same shareholders who have sat & watched a 10 year decline into oblivion.
Those shareholders?

Don’t confuse the ordinary shareholders with those of the MSG or those who could afford to save the club at the time. 

2 totally different animals!

Many shareholders at that time were part of BtB, myself included, who stood outside Brockville with the buckets. Owning £100 of shares at that time was an emotional tie to the club, not the start of a buy out.

With physical training sessions starting you would think more signings would have been announced. I know we probably have trialists but surely more bodies are required. We don't want to start the season with the old excuse of give them time because they missed pre season training we have heard that old excuse too many times

2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

With physical training sessions starting you would think more signings would have been announced. I know we probably have trialists but surely more bodies are required. We don't want to start the season with the old excuse of give them time because they missed pre season training we have heard that old excuse too many times

Currently got a signed squad of 15 and you'd like to think we'd have a squad of at least 20 signed players supplemented with loans towards the start of the season.