The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Shadwell I respect your views and those of BPM as you both have consistently stated your views and have shown your devotion to the club in more ways than just using a keyboard. It is to be respected and admired. Whilst I don't always share your views I know they come from the same love of the Bairns that I have.
Several newer posters like Crack pots and zbairn appear very angry and quite insulting to those who are not on their page. Perhaps they should suggest direct action?

I am annoyed(I’ve said as much) and came on to express my point of view at things going wrong with the club. Im actually amazed there aren’t more doing the same but that’s up to them. I think I’ve been fair in my comments and if claiming a couple of the new posters are board allies is insulting then I’ll hold my hands up to that one. 

I’ve taken direct action and not got a ST for this year. There’s clearly not a great will to protest and I respect a lot of the fans don’t care about the governance of the club and just want to try enjoy the football. What you’re saying though is unless myself or others are prepared to call a protest against the club then we’re not allowed to use a forum to air our grievances? 

i appreciate it’s tiresome but I am equally tired of the way the board treats the fans. Everything that people have been suggesting is wrong with their attitude and the way they have treated groups is evident in the communication that has been coming out recently. If you want to look the other way then that’s up to you but I’ll continue to say what I feel so sorry if it bothers you. 

I am annoyed(I’ve said as much) and came on to express my point of view at things going wrong with the club. Im actually amazed there aren’t more doing the same but that’s up to them. I think I’ve been fair in my comments and if claiming a couple of the new posters are board allies is insulting then I’ll hold my hands up to that one. 

I’ve taken direct action and not got a ST for this year. There’s clearly not a great will to protest and I respect a lot of the fans don’t care about the governance of the club and just want to try enjoy the football. What you’re saying though is unless myself or others are prepared to call a protest against the club then we’re not allowed to use a forum to air our grievances? 

i appreciate it’s tiresome but I am equally tired of the way the board treats the fans. Everything that people have been suggesting is wrong with their attitude and the way they have treated groups is evident in the communication that has been coming out recently. If you want to look the other way then that’s up to you but I’ll continue to say what I feel so sorry if it bothers you. 
You are totally entitled to your views and i agree with the sentiments. If I was younger and not consumed with my nursing career I may have had that fire in my belly!
What my point is that people who hold very strong views need to do more than preach to the already converted they need to take the fight out of cyberspace and into reality.
Last season was one of the worst seasons I have seen in my 62 years supporting the club and the first in a 20 years I did not have a season ticket as I hate tv football in empty grounds! My big hope was that investment from the Rawlins family would help revive our fortunes. Not A good start it seems but we are still to see their vision.
The Crunchie snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

You are totally entitled to your views and i agree with the sentiments. If I was younger and not consumed with my nursing career I may have had that fire in my belly!
What my point is that people who hold very strong views need to do more than preach to the already converted they need to take the fight out of cyberspace and into reality.
Last season was one of the worst seasons I have seen in my 62 years supporting the club and the first in a 20 years I did not have a season ticket as I hate tv football in empty grounds! My big hope was that investment from the Rawlins family would help revive our fortunes. Not A good start it seems but we are still to see their vision.
The Crunching snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

I know what you’re saying but unfortunately I’m not a campaigner. I’m not asking people to take action either, I’m taking my own and just want to point out my grievances. Hopefully  some take notice. Just never felt so detached from the club. 

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

The Crunchie snub is awful but as I said we should all get rid of the name South Stand and all refer to it as the Crunchie Stand. There was a pub in Bainsford that was called the Crossroads Inn I think but locally it was the Big Bar. When it was demolished it was called the Big Bar! Word of mouth works

I admire your fight but unfortunately we live in a different age and there is little appetite amongst the majority of fans for active protest, just look at the mind numbing COYB pish on the Facebook pages.

Apathy not passion is the sad reality, these sheep have the club that they deserve.

4 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:

Shadwell I respect your views and those of BPM as you both have consistently stated your views and have shown your devotion to the club in more ways than just using a keyboard. It is to be respected and admired. Whilst I don't always share your views I know they come from the same love of the Bairns that I have.
Several newer posters like Crack pots and zbairn appear very angry and quite insulting to those who are not on their page. Perhaps they should suggest direct action?

I might be relatively new on here , but I posted thousands of times on One F.  When One F went down I never bothered with this.

However, to answer your post....I’m on the same page as many others on here, but certainly not on the page of those who are sycophantic to this Board. 

I might be relatively new on here , but I posted thousands of times on One F.  When One F went down I never bothered with this.
However, to answer your post....I’m on the same page as many others on here, but certainly not on the page of those who are sycophantic to this Board. 
That's exactly what I am saying. A lot of ill feeling by a lot of people. Reggie Perrin is very right. These days have changed activists into keyboard warriors who think an online petition is a big thing! Same in nursing where people accepted a little rise but online complain like feck. Oh how capitalism and technology has changed the world lol

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:
6 hours ago, Zbairn said:

That's exactly what I am saying. A lot of ill feeling by a lot of people. Reggie Perrin is very right. These days have changed activists into keyboard warriors who think an online petition is a big thing! Same in nursing where people accepted a little rise but online complain like feck. Oh how capitalism and technology has changed the world lol

Society has changed but I don’t think we can compare any grievances with the board to miners strikes etc. The first thing for a protest to work would be to have the will of the people to take action. That’s not present as far as I can see. There’s also the pandemic which would make organising a protest somewhat irresponsible right now. A lot may be pissed off but they just want to go to the football. Too many things for them to be pissed off about in life. 

If I can ask did you organise any of these strikes you attended though?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Ecosse83

Got to admit I’m quite liking the sound of Sheerin and Grainger so far, it seems like a far cry from the ‘n stuff like that’ pish we had to put up with last season! 

Got to admit I’m quite liking the sound of Sheerin and Grainger so far, it seems like a far cry from the ‘n stuff like that’ pish we had to put up with last season! 

Yep, at least it looks like we have a competent coaching team in place this season, a good start to the season will make a lot of the disconnect at the club subside.

18 hours ago, joozy said:

Normally, I'd echo this point wholeheartedly but right now I'm not sure I do agree that engagement with the current board is possible.

I know pretty much all of the people involved with the Crunchie Initiative and others who have worked with the club in the past (dating all the way back to the original Back the Bairns).  This current board has some of the most disingenuous characters I've ever come across on it.  In previous posts, I've talked about how more than one member of the current board has done its best to gaslight both these fans initiatives and the supporters.

With regards to the CI specifically, I've had numerous conversations with the people involved where they've told me about what was agreed in discussions with the club  and where they felt they were making progress.  Then shortly afterwards, members of the board would deny that any such agreement had been made and the people involved with the CI were incorrect in having made such assumptions.  I've heard about phone calls where members of the board would yell down the phone only to later fall back upon the line that 'mistakes have been made on both sides'.  They've sought to create divisions within the CI by saying they'd no longer deal with certain members who they said they could no longer work with.  I've seen emails where the tone fell way below what I would expect from anyone writing in even a semi-professional capacity.   All this has exerted a considerable mental toll on some of the people involved in the Initiative.  Fans who thought this would be a galvanising experience and something the whole club could rally behind have been left hugely disillusioned.

With regards to the fans communications side of things, my posts over the past couple of days have made clear what I think of them.   The Season Ticket refund statement was shocking and potentially in breach of trading standards.  It was designed to make any fan that asked for a refund feel like they were somehow responsible for any prospective failings on the pitch.  The e-mail posted earlier regarding the Q&A was filled with such nonsense it's hard to know where to begin.  Again, they have put a club volunteer in an invidious position.  It's not enough to just say, "oh we know Lewis and are sure he'll ask us really tough questions".  That's a total dereliction of duty towards a de facto employee.  I'm sure Lewis will approach it in a professional fashion, and indeed might even be relishing it, but it shouldn't be a decision he had to make.

None of this would necessarily means that a complete and radical overhaul is needed (despite some of my earlier 'rip it up and start again' hyperbolic posts 😀).  My initial optimism about the Rawlins' investment has been severely tempered by the dismissive tone which they've dealt with supporters in some of the messages I've seen and the fact they seem to have achieved total control with a relatively small investment and minority shareholding.  They really should have given fans more clarity about their intentions by now and would be concerned that the mooted follow-up investment hasn't appeared.  I agree with some on here that the proposed fans consortium's initial demands were probably a bit steep, but the follow-up offer detailed by @Back Post Misses appeared eminently reasonable.  Arguments that it is incompatible with the Rawlins' objectives seem strange to me when we've not been told what those objectives are.  I think the changes they suggested to the BoD were perfectly reasonable.  The fact that these were rejected out of hand in a fairly contemptuous fashion, and all my previous points, are why I'm sceptical about the possibility for engagement with the board.  I don't think they actually want any - at least not any that causes them any potential difficulty or threatens their positions.

Where does that leave us?  I'm fairly resigned at this point to the fact we're going to just have to let this play out.  I hope it ends up with a successful and stable FFC in the Premier League; I'm worried that any future fans consortium won't be injecting money to support the club but instead to save it.

I think I should just make it clear what the initial pitch was.

Minimum 26% shareholding. Three seats on the Board, one of which was the football guy,  (meaning no need to spend X on a DOF plus this guy was investing too and a dilution of the MSG Shareholding. 
At no point in the initial pitch was there any discussion about removing Board members. It was only the DOF role. The group conceded that later too. 

10 hours ago, Bigbrbairn said:
10 hours ago, Zbairn said:

I was there the night Deans got hounded at a shareholder meeting at Brockville. That was in the days when active participation was the only source of protest or action before social media came along. Unless something absolutely serious happens, you are not going to get  the fan base out. As CP stated, the way society has changed also means the way protest has changed. Maybe not for the better.

As an aside, we also need to be a wee bit realistic here.  I don’t think the shocking way the miners were treated by Thatcher, which was a societal game changer, can be used as a comparison.