The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry, I just don’t get all this protest stuff.

The current situation isn’t great PR wise but everyone thought the Rawlins deal was the correct move at the time.

I say, let them get on with it and see how it goes.

Regarding the Q ana A, okay it could have been set up better but let’s hear what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll address a good few of the matters which have been raised on here.

As far as I’m aware the BOD are not in it for personal gain and that should always be remembered. Why put yourself through all this aggro from the ‘baying mob’ when you could have a quiet time doing other things?

All this stuff about ‘the miners’, nurses pay, etc. Is just crap.

For goodness sake, get a grip.

10 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Miles Storey has left us. He’d take the piss in League One.

Can't be worse that Todorov...

On a serious note Sheerin should know him from his Aberdeen stint so it could have legs. Does he still just run about like a numbskull with no end product?

17 hours ago, brokeville said:

No end to the shame of this BOD, now they want £80 for parking when there is no chance of getting into all the games as things stand. They’ve no interest in the supporters they’re only after our money.

Could be wrong but think they are charged for the hire of the car park on match day. Another reason to hate the agreement with the council. 

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Regarding the Q ana A, okay it could have been set up better but let’s hear what they have to say. I’m sure they’ll address a good few of the matters which have been raised on here.

The proposed Q&A is a sham to placate those who were asking why it hadn’t been done as promised.

To have the ability to vet questions, put in place a volunteer employee to ask them, pre-record it so you can edit it if wished and to top it all, not be challenged on any answer just makes it a waste of time. 

To come out with their paltry excuses why they aren’t doing a live meeting,  shows how out of touch they are with the fans. The cost is totally negligible and could have been easily moderated. 

22 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Could be wrong but think they are charged for the hire of the car park on match day. Another reason to hate the agreement with the council. 

The thing that sticks in my throat with that one is the council were given Scottish Govt funding for to monoblock it

Here's hoping Lewis Connelly doesn't come home and stays in London for the foreseeable future. I'm sure he can do a fantastic job in commentary with one of the clubs in London. 

56 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

The current situation isn’t great PR wise but everyone thought the Rawlins deal was the correct move at the time.

As far as I’m aware the BOD are not in it for personal gain and that should always be remembered. Why put yourself through all this aggro from the ‘baying mob’ when you could have a quiet time doing other things?

Again they don't own the club , they don't run the club they have 26 percent of the shares only. They are involved for their experience and contacts which so far we have seen absolutely nothing of.  The situation is currently the same as every other year. We have a manager we could've appointed pre Rawlins and we have a group of players we could've had pre Rawlins so far although who knows that may change. Our budget  I presume going by the begging letters being sent out and media articles is no different to last season or the season before.  So apart from knocking back 600k worth of investment despite having only 26 percent of the shareholding and investing 300k.what are we actually getting from them? The season starts next month and nothing has changed from any other season.

Society has changed but I don’t think we can compare any grievances with the board to miners strikes etc. The first thing for a protest to work would be to have the will of the people to take action. That’s not present as far as I can see. There’s also the pandemic which would make organising a protest somewhat irresponsible right now. A lot may be pissed off but they just want to go to the football. Too many things for them to be pissed off about in life. 

If I can ask did you organise any of these strikes you attended though?
No I didn't with the miners strike but I did organise for a group of nurses to join the picket line. In the poll tax I did rope in others to prevent evictions but this had already been done in other areas. Faslane was merely joining the already longstanding camp there.
I am not as angry at our current situation as Phil Rawlins is a venture capitalist. I doubt if he met his first wife at the Manique and his second on a Friday night at the Martell! These people are gambling that there bet returns a profit. His Stoke and Orlando gamble paid off and in the Orlando it appears that his first wife is still successful there. In this venture his second wife Carrie appears to be in the limelight. We should hope that vanity comes into play and they don't want to be losers . Bad for image in that game. I know a couple of hundred grand is chicken feed to them but making a loss is bad when they try to invest again somewhere else. We are a plaything and can only wait and see sadly

18 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Here's hoping Lewis Connelly doesn't come home and stays in London for the foreseeable future. I'm sure he can do a fantastic job in commentary with one of the clubs in London. 

Volunteer your services if you think you could do a job. He’s the first to admit he’s not Sky Sports/BT but you know what he volunteered & does it when no one else wants to and for bugger all thanks from the club, let alone moaners on social media. 

I agree but passion is the link. If you believe strongly enough you want to show your anger not type it

I was there the night Deans got hounded at a shareholder meeting at Brockville. That was in the days when active participation was the only source of protest or action before social media came along. Unless something absolutely serious happens, you are not going to get  the fan base out. As CP stated, the way society has changed also means the way protest has changed. Maybe not for the better.
As an aside, we also need to be a wee bit realistic here.  I don’t think the shocking way the miners were treated by Thatcher, which was a societal game changer, can be used as a comparison.
Just out of interest, that would be the same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to get the Andy Walker deal over the line. The same shareholders who wouldn't put their hands in their pockets to save the club when the receivers walked through the door, the same shareholders who let BtB save their shareholding with bucket collections, from Joe Public, on Meeks Road. The same shareholders who have sat & watched a 10 year decline into oblivion.
Those shareholders?

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don't like you as a poster at all but I am not in the habit of giving folks reddies for their posts. I accidentally gave you a reddie so I have given you a greenie too to compensate.

The chat along the lines of "anyone could join the Zoom call and ruin it" is symptomatic of everything wrong with the club over the last 10+ years as I see it. For all the rhetoric about Premiership, five year plans, strategy etc etc, the full thing is run like a mid sized bowling club rather than a business that has 3,000-4,000 paying customers every fortnight. It is tinpot beyond belief.

Guest Ecosse83
2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Who are you and what have you done with DPB?? 🤣

Guest Ecosse83
17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Signed for Parma towards the beginning of the week so it's Robbie Mutch again for us.

He wouldn’t have been number 1 anyway with Mutch at the club 😆🙄

Don't know that much about most of our new signings but McCann has always looked good when I have seen him. Brad McKay has never set the Heather alight but does have experience. I would like to see an experience skillful midfield player in there as I feel we are short of guile in that area. Up front I am lost to work out why we were so poor last year. On paper Keena and Dowds looked to be good signings but nothing happened. Was it our set up or lack of the final ball?
Sheerin has advertised attacking exciting football so let's see if it is real or just hot air.
On paper since relegation we should have performed better but there has not been any fight. We need to set a mark by giving a team a good hiding early in the campaign