The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks a good team.

Maybe time for a little positivity ?

I really hate to agree with you on anything, but I have to this time.  Sick and tired of all this conflict and moaning.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Looks a good team.

Maybe time for a little positivity ?

Happy with Grainger coming in but not being fooled by the deployment of cheap PR tactics to bury the statement about refunds. Could’ve announced Danny Grainger days ago, could’ve offered refunds days ago. If we had decent, honest people on the board the offer of a refund would have been done immediately and in good spirits. It would have resulted in little uptake of the offer too but they decided to go with a statement to pressure fans and then wait till they had a lot of other news to bury it under. 

I suspect this post won’t go down well with the regular fans of the board but need to open your eyes as to what they’re doing. Their actions are despicable. 

4 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Too late really to add anything really that hasn't been said already, other than that statement is reminiscent of ones i've seen from HR types of employers who are looking to issue veiled threats to their workforce. A statement drafted, approved and issued by people quite obviously have sheer disdain for the target audience of said statement. Ruggy said it the other night about the chasm between the club and the fans. They are so far up their own arses man. Imagine running the rule over that statement and going "yeah put that out, thats going to help us in our oft stated goal of moving forward together with the fanbase"

The occams razor of the whole situation, is that they have no respect or regard whatsoever, for the fans of this club. 

It actually seems right from the Union busting handbook. Present enough bullshit in a pile that people can pick and choose some bits to cling to and start arguments over within the organizing group. Double down on the most effective (read as divisive) issues from previous statements and keep pumping out statements that cause divisions among your opponents.

Mention of the £75k makes some complain about the knocked back £600k…

Mention of refunds weakening the team makes some try to guilt others into not applying…

Mention of the “biggest budget” makes some try to guilt others into buying ST to support “our team”…

Etc….classic divide and conquer tactics.

9 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I really hate to agree with you on anything, but I have to this time.  Sick and tired of all this conflict and moaning.

This season no different to any other. It won't matter a feck if we go up to cove and get pumped first game of the season. Positivity will follow positive results. We've had the bod telling us how great everything is for the last two summers and yet we're still stuck in this bloody seaside league.  Signings and management are of a mibbae aye mibbaes naw standard. We're far from a shoe in for the league but that may change if better quality is to come.

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

Happy with Grainger coming in but not being fooled by the deployment of cheap PR tactics to bury the statement about refunds. Could’ve announced Danny Grainger days ago, could’ve offered refunds days ago. If we had decent, honest people on the board the offer of a refund would have been done immediately and in good spirits. It would have resulted in little uptake of the offer too but they decided to go with a statement to pressure fans and then wait till they had a lot of other news to bury it under. 

I suspect this post won’t go down well with the regular fans of the board but need to open your eyes as to what they’re doing. Their actions are despicable. 

I'm not at all a fan of the board.  I feel when we are at an historic low, or near to it, this is the time to get behind the TEAM.  All hands to the pump time.  The club needs support from us not pushing down further. I hope that whoever has the power to sort out the board shenanigans will do so.  I don't have any influence on that.  So the only thing I can do to help the TEAM is buying my season ticket this morning so they have a few more quid to buy players so we can be a little bit better.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Great so basically we've got a rookie with no previous experience running the ship. What could go wrong?

Best available data shows her participating in the  Sports consulting firm (Sleeping Giant Consulting) she and Phil co-founded after leaving Orlando for Colorado, where Phil expressed a desire to simply be a “ski bum”, in 2017. She’s also on the Homeowners Association Board in her neighborhood in Steamboat Springs, for what that’s worth.

Edit: P.S. Published numbers from mid-2020 on the proposed investment in FFC were £250,000. Did anyone ever confirm the £330,000 number that gets bandied about? I ask because $330,000 is roughly £250,000 at a 1.32 exchange rate.

Edited by TxRover

Guest Caractacus Potts
6 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I'm not at all a fan of the board.  I feel when we are at an historic low, or near to it, this is the time to get behind the TEAM.  All hands to the pump time.  The club needs support from us not pushing down further. I hope that whoever has the power to sort out the board shenanigans will do so.  I don't have any influence on that.  So the only thing I can do to help the TEAM is buying my season ticket this morning so they have a few more quid to buy players so we can be a little bit better.

I totally understand your sentiment but to me the club relies on that and with it is the power to keep them in a position to continually mess fans around. I’ve tried to do what you describe, season after season, but for all that’s happened and the stuff that’s being described on here then enough is enough for me. Hope you understand that too and I genuinely do apologise for my negativity. I just feel completely disenfranchised with the club at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

What about not investing in the YP until they were back in the Championship? What about not employing a DOF who is signing players who we all could have identified. There is well over 100k saved 

This for me is a perfect example of what proudtobeabairn was saying earlier.

Fans have complained about the academy being scrapped ever since it happened and rightly wanted a youth development program reintroduced.

Yet now that the bod and Rawlins have done exactly that it’s suddenly a waste of money.

Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

I totally understand your sentiment but to me the club relies on that and with it is the power to keep them in a position to continually mess fans around. I’ve tried to do what you describe, season after season, but for all that’s happened and the stuff that’s being described on here then enough is enough for me. Hope you understand that too and I genuinely do apologise for my negativity. I just feel completely disenfranchised with the club at the moment. 

I do understand your stance completely.  Personally, I have been a glass half empty person for years.  I'm trying to be more positive.  I have significant health problems with not a lot to look forward to.  I don't want to spend whatever time I have left feeling angry and regretful.  I can't work anymore so following Falkirk has taken an even great part of my life than normal.  I just want the team to do well and I couldn't give a monkey's for the board.

56 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Happy enough with that, Sheerin maybe didn't have a goalkeeping coach in mind so has had to go with Holt's lacky. Grainger can point out all the hidden gems from down south and teach Keena how to take a penalty.

It was strange our GK coach left same time as M&M but adds up now.

Is there a slogan for this years challenge ?

Our time etc 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I do understand your stance completely.  Personally, I have been a glass half empty person for years.  I'm trying to be more positive.  I have significant health problems with not a lot to look forward to.  I don't want to spend whatever time I have left feeling angry and regretful.  I can't work anymore so following Falkirk has taken an even great part of my life than normal.  I just want the team to do well and I couldn't give a monkey's for the board.

No qualms with that LSB. I wish I could shift my negative feeling towards the club but I think big change will require that. Wouldn’t even worry as much about results if I felt we had a good board in place that was doing the right things as you can’t always guarantee that it will be right on the park. 

Anyway sorry to hear about your health. Please don’t let my gripes or anyone else’s get you down and fingers crossed your positivity is rewarded. 

It should go without saying that any Falkirk 'supporter' who pulls the "I'm buying a season ticket cos I'm SUCH a superfan and I choose to blindly follow this mob who seem to actively hate me" while making others feel guilty about taking a refund without knowing anything about their personal circumstances, is a total dick.

5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Legally the club has now done as they’re obliged to and it is up to individuals whether they want to take up the refund offer.

Legally I don’t see how anyone can demand refunds for the full season when Falkirk (as with all clubs) never sold access to the stadium. The product that was sold was access to Falkirk TV with access to the stadium only if/when permitted.

How apologetic for the Boards actions can you get ???

If you are not a Board member already, you really should try for the position. You would fit in well with that load of charlatans.

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

That’s ok, the board couldn’t give a monkey’s about you either.