The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

This for me is a perfect example of what proudtobeabairn was saying earlier.

Fans have complained about the academy being scrapped ever since it happened and rightly wanted a youth development program reintroduced.

Yet now that the bod and Rawlins have done exactly that it’s suddenly a waste of money.

Don’t you fucking lecture me about the Academy when twice I have tried to help. Once to save it and secondly to start it again. 
This club can’t have it all ways you clown. Moan about having no cash and spend money on something they were happy to do without until recently. If they have no money why start it now.

now f**k off back to your masters in the Boardroom

I've read alot about this £600k investment that was turned down by the club but so far I aint seen anything that tells me what the consortium wanted in return. Can someone tell me what they wanted in return and how reliable the source is. Sometimes what us being asked for isn't reasonable and that's why the offer was rejected. Just saying. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Don’t you fucking lecture me about the Academy when twice I have tried to help. Once to save it and secondly to start it again. 
This club can’t have it all ways you clown. Moan about having no cash and spend money on something they were happy to do without until recently. If they have no money why start it now.

now f**k off back to your masters in the Boardroom

😂😂😂

Our support is box office entertainment.

2 minutes ago, Double t said:

I've read alot about this £600k investment that was turned down by the club but so far I aint seen anything that tells me what the consortium wanted in return. Can someone tell me what they wanted in return and how reliable the source is. Sometimes what us being asked for isn't reasonable and that's why the offer was rejected. Just saying. 

Need an ITK clarification.

Guest Caractacus Potts

The club has barely tweeted anything in weeks and today they post loads, including stuff about the club shop. The first post ofcourse  was the season ticket refund which was hidden right at the bottom of the statement after strong encouragement not to take it up. 

They think the fan base are absolute idiots and treat them as such. Nothing to see here, we did offer refunds but here are loads of other news you should be more interested about, stop the moaning…

The sad thing is if they had any clue about the fanbase they’d realise, many won’t take up the refund and many will renew their ticket regardless of how they feel about the board. This board is no different than the ones that accuse the fans of being racist. They don’t have a clue or a care about fans feelings towards the club. 

19 minutes ago, Double t said:

Wanted initially three seats on the Board, bring in their own football person/DOF, bring in a fans rep and dilute the MSG shareholding 

moved to a position of working with the current DOF, put forward a 2 Rawlins, 2 from the current Board and  2 from their group plus and independent chairman plus a fans rep. 
£550,000 investment which meant to keep his 26% Rawlins needed to put in about £170,000 on top. MSG were happy to dilute their shares. 

Board initially tried to sell shares at 10p more to the group than Rawlins but then moved to 40p. That was the only concession they made. 

group walked away as they refused to dilute the current mix on the Board. Then received an email from the Rawlins questioning both their motives and integrity. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

10 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Wanted initially three seats on the Board, bring in their own football person/DOF, bring in a fans rep and dilute the MSG shareholding 

moved to a position of working with the current DOF, put forward a 2 Rawlins, 2 from the current Board and  2 from their group plus and independent chairman plus a fans rep. 
£550,000 investment which meant to keep his 26% Rawlins needed to put in about £170,000 on top. MSG were happy to dilute their shares. 

Board initially tried to sell shares at 10p more to the group than Rawlins but then moved to 40p. That was the only concession they made. 

group walked away as they refused to dilute the current mix on the Board. Then received an email from the Rawlins questioning both their motives and integrity. 

Rawlings would never ever accept that deal . No control , + he has to invest more Nuts ! . Why on earth the “ investors thought that would have any chance is beyond me . Rawlins is a business man first and only has an affinity to the club because of his existing investment  he is not and never will be a supporter in the true sense. 

Rawlings would never ever accept that deal . No control , + he has to invest more Nuts ! . Why on earth the “ investors thought that would have any chance is beyond me . Rawlins is a business man first and only has an affinity to the club because of his existing investment  he is not and never will be a supporter in the true sense. 

That's my reading of it too, although the email about motives is a concern. Looks like it was doomed to fail from the off, especially since the Rawlins are just in the door.

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Does that not worry you?  If the club remains languishing in Seaside leagues, which is a possibility, do you really believe Rawlins will increase investment....when the club were pleading poverty over £75k today?  

At least these guys are trying to do something! 

21 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

The deal would have been over the line if the group would have accepted a board of 5 current, Rawlins plus two Navy Blue. 

But you are right. He wants to keep power for less money - and fans are happy with that? 

the group saw his game and walked as a result 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The deal would have been over the line if the group would have accepted a board of 5 current, Rawlins plus two Navy Blue. 

But you are right. He wants to keep power for less money - and fans are happy with that? 

Would that not have been a go’er? Influence from within at that point onwards? 

I do understand your stance completely.  Personally, I have been a glass half empty person for years.  I'm trying to be more positive.  I have significant health problems with not a lot to look forward to.  I don't want to spend whatever time I have left feeling angry and regretful.  I can't work anymore so following Falkirk has taken an even great part of my life than normal.  I just want the team to do well and I couldn't give a monkey's for the board.
My sentiments exactly. I merely live for my favourite team do well. I know things have been shit and don't like the way fans have been treated but I am more interested in watching a game of football. All the people who rightly feel angry why don't you get the Trotsky attitude and storm the barricades rather than meekly accept and moan of a Web site. Direct action or passive resistance?

Guest Ecosse83

Don’t know what’s worse having to read the drivel on here or the grown men debating the arse out of it on a football forum as if it will make any difference at all!

It’s the same shite being regurgitated in every post, have a day off lads!

Edited by Ecosse83

11 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

Would that not have been a go’er? Influence from within at that point onwards? 

No. 
The whole point the group the club needed a reboot. If you were going to get unity, full buy in from fan and sponsor they believed that was what was required. The Chairman has resided over shambles after shambles (more in the last two days) and it was felt that was not going to happen unless the fans saw change. 
The Board thought differently and it up to than to get on with it now. The chance has been lost IMO. 

32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

the group saw his game and walked as a result 

Now please correct me if I’m wrong, but weren’t you one of the many that were pushing for the Rawlins deal to go through? If so, are you now against them? Or, is it coming across wrongly because you weren’t happy with how they dealt with the fan group bid?

Edited by Rocco

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Cheers for the info. Seems like an OK offer but would have been shocked if it had been taken seeing Rawlings are just in the door. They prob want to see how it is first before either putting more money in or giving up some control. 

Perhaps rather than moan people should picket the club shop to deny people buying merchandise from a corrupt regime? Perhaps organising I sit in during the first training session at the club? Perhaps finding out where the next face to face board meeting is and standing outside as a group preventing entry? No. But people will passively moan on a site and at times blatantly verbally attack people who don't toe the line on the forum. Did the workers at Singer write to their bosses saying please don't fire us. No they occupied the factory to gain publicity for their cause.

41 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Does that not worry you?  If the club remains languishing in Seaside leagues, which is a possibility, do you really believe Rawlins will increase investment....when the club were pleading poverty over £75k today?  

At least these guys are trying to do something! 

Rawlins will increase their investment at the bottom of the market getting a bigger % of the club for less bucks.

That comes from continued decline on the short term.

Lets say we don't go up next season. Supporters uprising and major shareholders bale out. Up steps Rawlins with will give to 25% of the value on a take it or leave it basis.