The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:

it way well be a great thing long term but IMO it lacks what is needed most at them moment, an injection of hard cash into the clubs coffers to get out this f***ing league.

It's just a simple copy cat action to try and show supporters they are listening to them. Others plan these things and the bod take credit. Same old story.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

We created absolutely nothing with the midfield being an absolute joke. I’ve got a little bit of hope that Keena will come good in a decent side. I’d rather let Sheerin assess him rather than write him off straight away. We’ve seen Shankland and Nisbett have similar starts to their careers before kicking on under the right manager and playing with confidence.  

He might but do you want to go into a season relying on a might? We need two decent strikers plus the two we have to ensure we have the firepower to win this league. We had McManus two years ago, Partick had Graham and rudden last season. That's the standard we need to bring in to get results.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just a simple copy cat action to try and show supporters they are listening to them. Others plan these things and the bod take credit. Same old story.

has this group been put together by the board? I think I remember filling out the survey but herd nothing about it since.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He might but do you want to go into a season relying on a might? We need two decent strikers plus the two we have to ensure we have the firepower to win this league. We had McManus two years ago, Partick had Graham and rudden last season. That's the standard we need to bring in to get results.

I agree but I’m not going to moan on a forum over 6 weeks before the league season starts about players. To get the right players in you need a bit of patience. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

Just now, falkirkzombie said:

has this group been put together by the board? I think I remember filling out the survey but herd nothing about it since.

Put together on the request of the bod. Think the idea and structure was done by others though.

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

I agree but I’m not going to moan on a forum over 6 weeks before the league season starts about players. To get the right players in you need a bit of patience. 

Your right I'd rather we got the right players than just any old dross. It's important that we get them though.  This is where Rawlins should be getting involved and using his contacts so we can get a better quality than there is available here. 

1 hour ago, ilostmyself said:
1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:
Haugheys no daft though. He's not going to piss money down the drain on a club with a few hundred fans every week. I'd expect them to be challengers but I don't see them splashing the cash willy nilly.
Have they said where they are playing their home games next season by the way?

Aye they'll be at Firhill this season

Do they have primacy of tenure?

2 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

We're going to have Dowds and Keena on the books  so important Sheerin gets a look at them to assess their strengths weaknesses before deciding what type of player we need alongside them.  

Smaller player with pace to run on the through ball and flicks. Gerry McCoy type of forward for those with long memories !

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Your right I'd rather we got the right players than just any old dross. It's important that we get them though.  This is where Rawlins should be getting involved and using his contacts so we can get a better quality than there is available here. 

We are in the bargain basement of the market with other clubs attracting the quality needed.

The 3 season contracts are worrying as it will be expensive pay off if they dont produce the goods.

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Haven't seen any chat on here about the Falkirk Supports Society.  Nobody have mates involved in this?  What are folks views (dare I ask):

Falkirk Supporters Society
19h  ·

A few months ago, we asked Falkirk fans what they thought about creating a new supporters' organisation. That organisation would invest small subscriptions from across our support, increase the collective shareholding and therefore fans’ influence in our club, so we could promote fans’ views and protect our club from bad decisions and external threats. 
Nearly 500 of you responded to the survey and the vast majority supported the proposals. We planned to launch the organisation in April on the back of what we had hoped would end with promotion to the Championship.  However it wasn’t credible to go out to Falkirk fans and ask for money after such a disappointing end to the season. 
It’s time to move things along now. Why? Well, the same rules apply. It’s arguably more urgent to have a fans’ voice in the boardroom given recent events on and off the pitch. 
We also have an opening.  As you've seen from the club's season ticket marketing, the club has made an offer of a "significant" share donation and a director position for an elected fans’ representative.  We’ve heard the Rawlins’ vision to work alongside fans and the chairman’s “three-legged stool” pitch.  
That has changed things.  We will discuss the details and come to a view about whether or not we have a satisfactory offer to take to fans, with a view to, we hope, launching the new fans' organisation at the beginning of the new season.  
More to come shortly.  But to be clear - this organisation will be ran by Falkirk fans for Falkirk fans.  The organisation and eventual fans’ director will answer to Falkirk fans.  And our ambitions will only be limited by the amount of buy-in we get from Falkirk fans.

Think it’s a good idea in principle but would need to see the details before consider being a part of it. Just have zero faith in this board and suspect it’s a cynical way of gaining money whilst trying to appease fans, particularly when they have just rejected an offer for real fan involvement and significant investment. 

51 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This morning was testing of players by 3 or 4 Napier Uni staff. I don't know the specifics of the tests but from what I saw it looked a bit more specialized than normal. I'm guessing an ordinary football club wouldn't have the equipment or expertise to do that. 

☝️Equipment = Pencils & paper.☝️

Staff there to help them fill in forms.

6 minutes ago, superandy_07 said:

Happy enough with that, Sheerin maybe didn't have a goalkeeping coach in mind so has had to go with Holt's lacky. Grainger can point out all the hidden gems from down south and teach Keena how to take a penalty.

Edited by FFC 1876

4 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

We are already committed to providing Paul Sheerin with a playing squad budget that we believe is the largest in the league and have recently restarted our youth development programme. If we reduce season ticket prices or offer cash refunds, we are simply reducing the amount of money that we can spend and will then be forced to make very difficult decisions about the playing squad and youth development, something no one wants us to do.

Who thought that paragraph was a good idea, offer refunds or offer what you're going to offer then leave it be. Don't start guilt tripping or threatening your own support. They also need to cut the pish about the 'largest' in the league we're well aware we're the biggest fish here so stop telling us it and focus on getting us out this tiny fishbowl.

What about not investing in the YP until they were back in the Championship? What about not employing a DOF who is signing players who we all could have identified. There is well over 100k saved