The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Great so basically we've got a rookie with no previous experience running the ship. What could go wrong?

She runs/ran her own businesses from memory of the calls they were on with the Bairns business club but have never looked into what they are. Could be hospitality actually. 

13 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

Pretty incredible to think that the club cud have an extra 600k in the bank going into this season if our chairman just done the decent thing and resigned after last seasons capitulation, if fact he could have walked away claiming to have delivered on his remit to bring extra investors into the club - how in any way can he justify that that decision was in the best interests of the club?

Tbh I think until this fans group come out and tell the supporters who they are, what their proposals were and what conditions they set, the rest of us who aren’t family or friends of those involved can’t make a fair judgement.

Atm this hero worship narrative about fans coming to rescue us from Chesty Morgan and Phil ‘from America’ purely out of the goodness of their hearts is wearing thin.

For one thing, I highly doubt that individuals putting in £50k each would not want to seem a return on their investment. 

I’d also like to see the Rawlins come out and say what their plans now are to take the club forward.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

17 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

QP potential investment would p!ss all over that 600k. WH probably finds that down the side of the couch. If they do go extreme we shouldn't even be attempting to match it.

They won't. Shopping at Edinburgh city and giving the managers job to a coach with no experience whatsoever is not going big by any means. Happy to be proved wrong but I'd expect them to be challenging but it'll be more jobbers than superstars getting signed.

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They won't. Shopping at Edinburgh city and giving the managers job to a coach with no experience whatsoever is not going big by any means. Happy to be proved wrong but I'd expect them to be challenging but it'll be more jobbers than superstars getting signed.

Believe me, I'll be happy if you're proved right. I do agree with the squad retained from last season and the management team selected it doesn't appear that they're going to be throwing about ridiculous sums of money.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh I think until this fans group come out and tell the supporters who they are, what their proposals were and what conditions they set, the rest of us who aren’t family or friends of those involved can’t make a fair judgement.

Atm this hero worship narrative about fans coming to rescue us from Chesty Morgan and Phil ‘from America’ purely out of the goodness of their hearts is wearing thin.

For one thing, I highly doubt that individuals putting in £50k each would not want to seem a return on their investment. 

I’d also like to see the Rawlins come out and say what their plans now are to take the club forward.

Can we have no more of this sexist pish pls.  It's outdated, embarrassing and also very tedious.

1 minute ago, PedroMoutinho said:

What's rescue pish all about? The navy blue guys first choice is to work with the Rawlins giving the club a real cross section of skills on the board and also having some real Falkirk fans on the board too instead of punters who've suddenly appeared out the woodwork from nowhere or that have decided they fancy watching Hibs instead for a couple of seasons. More cash for the club, a bod with a vast array of skillsets instead of everyone working in finance, the Rawlins supposed experience from Orlando ( although carries experience appears to be questionable), a fans rep on the bod and a neutral chairman to ensure everyone is working in the same direction.  Can't see anything in that that ain't a good thing and why would Falkirk fans expect to get money back they invest into their own football club FFS. Behave yourself.

TBF to the group that process would have undoubtedly taken place if all had been agreed with the board, if its not happening its up to individuals if u wish to make their names public. I know that for a few ( can't speak for everybody on the group) that the money pledged would be looked as as nothing more than a donation - the chance to help the club get back to where it should be was the overwhelming aim.

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Only from what I've found online, I think that Phil Rawlins' first wife was involved at Orlando and Colorado. Carrie, his second wife, didn't have any involvement there at all as far as i can see.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/phil-rawlins-stoke-city-falkirk-4505542

There’s not a lot online about them. Phil seems to be very highly thought of by Orlando fans but did find a couple of things that suggest things didn’t end well. As far as I can see his ex wife still works there. This is one of the few threads I could see that suggest not all ended well. Like I say it’s not much but like on here information that’s actually going on behind the scenes is normally kept to a small number of people. 

3 minutes ago, falkirkzombie said:

TBF to the group that process would have undoubtedly taken place if all had been agreed with the board, if its not happening its up to individuals if u wish to make their names public. I know that for a few ( can't speak for everybody on the group) that the money pledged would be looked as as nothing more than a donation - the chance to help the club get back to where it should be was the overwhelming aim.

We knew zero about Rawlins till the bod had agreed a deal in principle so it's no surprise in this case either. Deans needs to let people know why he's happy to get two folk from thousands of miles away on the bod for 300k but not willing to let two from the local community for double that amount.

3 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Was a genuine question. Just wondering why we aren't using our own facilities. 

This morning was testing of players by 3 or 4 Napier Uni staff. I don't know the specifics of the tests but from what I saw it looked a bit more specialized than normal. I'm guessing an ordinary football club wouldn't have the equipment or expertise to do that. 

Can't wait for the season to start to get by all this p*sh

Its pretty clear there are opposing views on the proposed investment and whether it should have gone through or not and that's fine however it doesn't do anyone any favours to be completely blinkered by their support or defence of the board. 

I do believe we all want the same thing (a successful Falkirk) but its not true that everything the board does is a complete shambles just as much as its not true that everything they do is brilliant.  

I honestly believe the majority on here find fault with anything that comes out of the club to the extent that often these are the very things they were bumping their gums about before they happened (sack M&M! clear out the team!  We don't have any players!  MR&SA GTF!  Rawlins in!  Rawlins out!  ST not on sale!  STs too expensive!  no Q&A!  Q&A shit!  Announce refunds!  Refunds disgrace!  Falkirk TV shit!  Pixellot shitter!  No social media coverage!  Why are we at Napier!  let fans invest!  Don't buy season tickets!  Sign McCann!  We need bigger names!  KK doesn't have shares/toxic part of the board!  KK was brilliant how could he have gone!)

I get folk are pissed off (I am too) but it would be impossible atm for anything to come out of the club that a lot on here wouldn't have issue with.  

Haven't seen any chat on here about the Falkirk Supports Society.  Nobody have mates involved in this?  What are folks views (dare I ask):

Falkirk Supporters Society
19h  ·

A few months ago, we asked Falkirk fans what they thought about creating a new supporters' organisation. That organisation would invest small subscriptions from across our support, increase the collective shareholding and therefore fans’ influence in our club, so we could promote fans’ views and protect our club from bad decisions and external threats. 
Nearly 500 of you responded to the survey and the vast majority supported the proposals. We planned to launch the organisation in April on the back of what we had hoped would end with promotion to the Championship.  However it wasn’t credible to go out to Falkirk fans and ask for money after such a disappointing end to the season. 
It’s time to move things along now. Why? Well, the same rules apply. It’s arguably more urgent to have a fans’ voice in the boardroom given recent events on and off the pitch. 
We also have an opening.  As you've seen from the club's season ticket marketing, the club has made an offer of a "significant" share donation and a director position for an elected fans’ representative.  We’ve heard the Rawlins’ vision to work alongside fans and the chairman’s “three-legged stool” pitch.  
That has changed things.  We will discuss the details and come to a view about whether or not we have a satisfactory offer to take to fans, with a view to, we hope, launching the new fans' organisation at the beginning of the new season.  
More to come shortly.  But to be clear - this organisation will be ran by Falkirk fans for Falkirk fans.  The organisation and eventual fans’ director will answer to Falkirk fans.  And our ambitions will only be limited by the amount of buy-in we get from Falkirk fans.

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Can't wait for the season to start to get by all this p*sh

Its pretty clear there are opposing views on the proposed investment and whether it should have gone through or not and that's fine however it doesn't do anyone any favours to be completely blinkered by their support or defence of the board. 

I do believe we all want the same thing (a successful Falkirk) but its not true that everything the board does is a complete shambles just as much as its not true that everything they do is brilliant.  

I honestly believe the majority on here find fault with anything that comes out of the club to the extent that often these are the very things they were bumping their gums about before they happened (sack M&M! clear out the team!  We don't have any players!  MR&SA GTF!  Rawlins in!  Rawlins out!  ST not on sale!  STs too expensive!  no Q&A!  Q&A shit!  Announce refunds!  Refunds disgrace!  Falkirk TV shit!  Pixellot shitter!  No social media coverage!  Why are we at Napier!  let fans invest!  Don't buy season tickets!  Sign McCann!  We need bigger names!  KK doesn't have shares/toxic part of the board!  KK was brilliant how could he have gone!)

I get folk are pissed off (I am too) but it would be impossible atm for anything to come out of the club that a lot on here wouldn't have issue with.  

Until we see real results what do you expect? We have just suffered.the worst season in over 40 years.  Even though that is the case none of the bod/chair have resigned or offered to stand down. We got the same platitudes from the bod every season for the past 4 years when it comes to season ticket time and we put our hands in our pockets and what do we get?  Relegation then no promotion, and then 5th place .  We are currently only going in one direction. It's going to need a lot more than the usual hard luck story letters to get a large number of fans to back these clowns. We need players,results and performances that we can be proud of but instead we get treated with contempt and them crying about 75k worth of refunds when it could easily be covered by Rawlins if he wanted to get his hands in his pockets and invest the extra cash we were told he would.

4 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Re new signings - could be that Sheerin wants to have a proper look at those on the books first in pre season training before making a final decision on any new signings?

The stats should tell him everything about our strikers. 3 league goals between them is utterly pittiful.

5 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Haven't seen any chat on here about the Falkirk Supports Society.  Nobody have mates involved in this?  What are folks views (dare I ask):

Falkirk Supporters Society
19h  ·

A few months ago, we asked Falkirk fans what they thought about creating a new supporters' organisation. That organisation would invest small subscriptions from across our support, increase the collective shareholding and therefore fans’ influence in our club, so we could promote fans’ views and protect our club from bad decisions and external threats. 
Nearly 500 of you responded to the survey and the vast majority supported the proposals. We planned to launch the organisation in April on the back of what we had hoped would end with promotion to the Championship.  However it wasn’t credible to go out to Falkirk fans and ask for money after such a disappointing end to the season. 
It’s time to move things along now. Why? Well, the same rules apply. It’s arguably more urgent to have a fans’ voice in the boardroom given recent events on and off the pitch. 
We also have an opening.  As you've seen from the club's season ticket marketing, the club has made an offer of a "significant" share donation and a director position for an elected fans’ representative.  We’ve heard the Rawlins’ vision to work alongside fans and the chairman’s “three-legged stool” pitch.  
That has changed things.  We will discuss the details and come to a view about whether or not we have a satisfactory offer to take to fans, with a view to, we hope, launching the new fans' organisation at the beginning of the new season.  
More to come shortly.  But to be clear - this organisation will be ran by Falkirk fans for Falkirk fans.  The organisation and eventual fans’ director will answer to Falkirk fans.  And our ambitions will only be limited by the amount of buy-in we get from Falkirk fans.

it way well be a great thing long term but IMO it lacks what is needed most at them moment, an injection of hard cash into the clubs coffers to get out this f***ing league.

Guest Peter LaFleur
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The stats should tell him everything about our strikers. 3 league goals between them is utterly pittiful.

We created absolutely nothing with the midfield being an absolute joke. I’ve got a little bit of hope that Keena will come good in a decent side. I’d rather let Sheerin assess him rather than write him off straight away. We’ve seen Shankland and Nisbett have similar starts to their careers before kicking on under the right manager and playing with confidence.  

Edited by Peter LaFleur