The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

Daft to talk about  "biggest in the league" when Willie Haughey could put 50m into Queens Park tomorrow if he fancied doing so.

Haugheys no daft though. He's not going to piss money down the drain on a club with a few hundred fans every week. I'd expect them to be challengers but I don't see them splashing the cash willy nilly.

Have they said where they are playing their home games next season by the way?

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The fact that they have to say ' we believe ' in league one says it all. We're going to be gambling on promotion again instead of giving the manager a budget that swamps the rest of the league appropriate  to our status within this league.

Och Shadwell, FFS man! 

Yes, we're the biggest fish in a murky wee puddle, but they can't allocate a budget that 'swamps' the rest, unlike Sevco and McCoist could.

Unfortunately QP's budget could swamp everybody else's at the drop of a hat and I've a feeling that we could see them make some really tasty signings in the coming weeks.

Haugheys no daft though. He's not going to piss money down the drain on a club with a few hundred fans every week. I'd expect them to be challengers but I don't see them splashing the cash willy nilly.
Aye they'll be at Firhill this season

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Och Shadwell, FFS man! 

Yes, we're the biggest fish in a murky wee puddle, but they can't allocate a budget that 'swamps' the rest, unlike Sevco and McCoist could.

Unfortunately QP's budget could swamp everybody else's at the drop of a hat and I've a feeling that we could see them make some really tasty signings in the coming weeks.

Not if we are happy to give up 600k and Rawlins has decided we aren't getting a penny more from him no. Thats nearly a million quid that would've made a huge difference.

1 minute ago, ilostmyself said:
5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Aye they'll be at Firhill this season

Feck sake. Can't wait to see the state of that pitch come January/February. Firhill ain't the best with one side playing on it.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Firhill.

I've been surprised at how few they've signed so far. Paying a fee for Brown maybe an indication of things to come right enough. 

1 hour ago, MSG GTF! said:

Couldn’t agree more. I’m actually beginning to dislike a large number of our fans as much as I dislike those who are running our club into the gutter. They deserve each other.

You posting that Carrie should stick to the kitchen and cheerleading the Chesty Morgan patter doesn't help!

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Feck sake. Can't wait to see the state of that pitch come January/February. Firhill ain't the best with one side playing on it.

There was only one side playing on it when we got humped 5 - 0.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

There was only one side playing on it when we got humped 5 - 0.

Could've been a bowling green and it wouldn't matter a toss to that bunch of dross.

What is Carrie Rawlings previous level of  experience in running a football club? Is it the same as Phil's? Was she involved at Orlando?

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Not if we are happy to give up 600k and Rawlins has decided we aren't getting a penny more from him no. Thats nearly a million quid that would've made a huge difference.

Aye but, as we know, the £600k isn't happening, at least for the moment, so how can they then swamp everyone else. Besides if we stick in another million, Haughey can just put in two. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
43 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

As someone who's posted several times that I think the non stop negativity on here is over the top, I have to say that's a shambles of a statement and offer.
To replace 3 home games from the worst season in my lifetime with possible access to 1 of 2 league cup games is mental. They could have just said we guarantee you 2/3 league cup or challenge cup games and a tenner in the club shop and I think folk would have been happy enough.
I'm not going to take them up on the refund offer myself but like last season I wouldn't blame anyone for doing so

If that attitude is indicative of the way the fans group and CI have been treated then no wonder they’re pissed off. Maybe just giving us all a taste of what they’ve had to deal with. 

As for begging for money then they’ve pissed so much of it away in recent years. Sure I read that they even paid several thousand for an overnight stay in Aberdeen for a match against Cove last season. A season where they constantly bleated about needing our money. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Peter LaFleur
10 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

QP potential investment would p!ss all over that 600k. WH probably finds that down the side of the couch. If they do go extreme we shouldn't even be attempting to match it.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was shared this privately by someone. I believe this is the TS letter that has been referenced that was sent to all clubs…

C0DD8BF8-27B2-4802-8633-B78FF5CDC65C.jpeg

C9A3C161-4E59-4F70-9B92-1584AE8B6375.jpeg

Doesn’t read like any action is forthcoming tbh to any club, unless an individual or group decided to do so. Makes sense now why almost every club hasn’t offered full ST refunds on that basis. 

Clubs offer of a refund, imho, for the lost 3 games is reasonable. We watched, or could watch, every other home game online same as every other club offered/delivered so fair enough. They were all shit games but there you go. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Doesn’t read like any action is forthcoming tbh to any club, unless an individual or group decided to do so. Makes sense now why almost every club hasn’t offered full ST refunds on that basis. 

Clubs offer of a refund, imho, for the lost 3 games is reasonable. We watched, or could watch, every other home game online same as every other club offered/delivered so fair enough. They were all shit games but there you go. 

I forgot to post the rest of the letter which details some examples. The last part is quite significant too…

DA7D3EAA-E0E6-4DA0-96D9-C62923A116F6.jpeg

Guest Caractacus Potts
Just now, Caractacus Potts said:

I forgot to post the rest of the letter which details some examples. The last part is quite significant too…

DA7D3EAA-E0E6-4DA0-96D9-C62923A116F6.jpeg

Falkirk have basically stated that if they have to shell out refunds then there will be tough decisions to make which alludes to the potential of people losing their jobs. 

Pretty incredible to think that the club cud have an extra 600k in the bank going into this season if our chairman just done the decent thing and resigned after last seasons capitulation, if fact he could have walked away claiming to have delivered on his remit to bring extra investors into the club - how in any way can he justify that that decision was in the best interests of the club?

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Could've been a bowling green and it wouldn't matter a toss to that bunch of dross.

What is Carrie Rawlings previous level of  experience in running a football club? Is it the same as Phil's? Was she involved at Orlando?

Only from what I've found online, I think that Phil Rawlins' first wife was involved at Orlando and Colorado. Carrie, his second wife, didn't have any involvement there at all as far as i can see.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/phil-rawlins-stoke-city-falkirk-4505542

Edited by Bairn in Exile

5 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye but, as we know, the £600k isn't happening, at least for the moment, so how can they then swamp everyone else. Besides if we stick in another million, Haughey can just put in two. 

Queen's park so far have signed a jobber from Edinburgh city. They won't be spending millions here and millions there. There a handy excuse for folk if we don't win the league just like cove last season . Oh they'll be spending a fortune we were told and they spent basically hee haw.  Laurie Ellis as their manager is hardly pushing the boat out when haughey could surely just wave a fortune in front of any decent manager.  As I said haughey isn't stupid. He's not Brookes Mileson.  He knows that queen's park moving forward on crowds of a few hundred need to have a sustainable plan in place. They may not actually play a single game at home either next season which will certainly work against them.

The bod surely must have another investment  solution in place if they are happy to knock back 600k.  They surely must know that season ticket sales will be down this season no matter what begging letters they hand out. If the budget isn't covered by season ticket sales, the navy blue cash is deemed unnecessary and Rawlins has reneged on his future investment then whose going to cover the shortfall? Over to Mr Deans.

2 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Only from what I've found online, I think that Phil Rawlin's first wife was involved at Orlando and Colorado. Carrie, his second wife, didn't have any involvement there at all as far as i can see.

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/phil-rawlins-stoke-city-falkirk-4505542

Great so basically we've got a rookie with no previous experience running the ship. What could go wrong?

10 minutes ago, Bula Bairn said:

You posting that Carrie should stick to the kitchen and cheerleading the Chesty Morgan patter doesn't help!

Away and give yourself peace ffs! Honestly, what a climate we’re living in these days. F*ck having to stand next to some of you wet wipes at the fitba. I’d no doubt be scowled at for using foul and abusive language towards the referee. 🤦🏼‍♂️

Never have I used the term “Chesty Morgan”, not once, so pipe down with your unfounded accusations. As for the other throwaway comment, Carrie made reference in an interview about how she enjoys making healthy shakes for the family over in Colorado, or words to those effect. My comment was in reference to that. Had she mentioned that she enjoys using the gym or going for long walks, I’d have suggested she stuck to that as opposed to engaging with lifelong fans in something she knows nothing about.