The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I see the happy clapper brigade on twitter are slating any fan who requests a refund without knowing the financial situation. A lot of fans may have lost their job or had their hours cut and every penny is important.

We really are a c**t of a club with a large number of c***s for fans. Think the time is fast approaching where I chuck it, can't be arsed with it all anymore. Nothing is ever going to change.

£30-40 could be a lot of money for some people. Poor from some fans to suggest no one should be taking up the refund but for the club to try and guilt trip people into not taking it is risible. 

2 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

The club has had to deal with a global pandemic, yes we have failed on the park but if you're asking for a full refund you're at it. If you have a problem with the new BoD then withhold ST money for this season to hurt them. Everyone who got a season ticket last season all knew we were basically giving a donation during these difficult times. Obviously if you are financially in a bad way and £30 is the difference to providing for your family then that's a different situation than just being p!ssed off.

With regards to "they blocked a 600k fans bid" argument. Was this 600k going to full fan refunds and playing budget? What would we have done next season? Where was the money going to be spent etc?

Come on if the Rawlins had increased their investment as we were told they would and the navy blue investment had come in we would be talking nearly 1 million pounds of investment . Enough to build a team to cruise the league this season , compete well next season and pay back a small amount of 75k. The bod need to explain how they are going to cover this hole in our finances. It's pretty obvious from the fact they are begging to fans over an amount that is only 75k that it's the fans that will be asked to do it again.  If Rawlins is baulking at paying back the fans 75k then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season investment wise.

3 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

The club has had to deal with a global pandemic, yes we have failed on the park but if you're asking for a full refund you're at it. If you have a problem with the new BoD then withhold ST money for this season to hurt them. Everyone who got a season ticket last season all knew we were basically giving a donation during these difficult times. Obviously if you are financially in a bad way and £30 is the difference to providing for your family then that's a different situation than just being p!ssed off.

With regards to "they blocked a 600k fans bid" argument. Was this 600k going to full fan refunds and playing budget? What would we have done next season? Where was the money going to be spent etc?

Every club has had to deal with a pandemic. The club were out praising the massive uptake in season tickets last year and with that massive donation still delivered a 5th place finish in League 1. They are ripping the utter piss out of us and the communication since the end of the season has been a slap in the face to fans.  

Honestly up until last season, I never thought twice about renewing my season ticket but the last year has totally scunnered me. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Come on if the Rawlins had increased their investment as we were told they would and the navy blue investment had come in we would be talking nearly 1 million pounds of investment . Enough to build a team to cruise the league this season , compete well next season and pay back a small amount of 75k. The bod need to explain how they are going to cover this hole in our finances. It's pretty obvious from the fact they are begging to fans over an amount that is only 75k that it's the fans that will be asked to do it again.  If Rawlins is baulking at paying back the fans 75k then it doesn't bode well for the rest of the season investment wise.

To be fair SD, I deleted the post before you replied and I agree with what you say. I just don’t think asking for refunds unless you need it is the answer. 100% withhold ST money for this season coming though until they can justify knocking back £600k. 

Edited by Peter LaFleur

13 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

How many games do you feel should be refunded?

I wouldn't use the option personally if I had a season ticket but I had read somewhere that Trading Standards guidance was a full refund should be offered if you were not able to attend the matches. I may be wrong. Yes season ticket holders were able to watch on Falkirk TV but it can be ropey at times and buffer, it's nowhere near an adequate replacement for a full price season ticket.

It's just shite from the club again. Motherwell have offered a free season ticket for all current season ticket holders for next year. I'm not suggesting we could afford to do that, or we should, but a better gesture than three games should have been offered in my opinion. 25% off for renewing for next year for example. 

1 minute ago, Peter LaFleur said:

To be fair SD, I deleted the post before you replied and I agree with what you say. I just don’t think asking for refunds unless you need it is the answer. 100% withhold ST money for this season coming though. 

To be clear I'm not saying they should carte blanche refund everyone's season ticket money automatically.

Why not pay back fans by making some actual sit up and notice signings that say we are going to win this league this year and noone is going to stop us. Christ even ally mccoist won league one so come on Rawlins invest in the team if you want to run the club. Start bringing in players that will guarantee us a league win and not the same old jobbers in the main we've been signing for the past few seasons.  That's how you get the fans back on side. Get the juices flowing to watch Falkirk. Resigning Ben hall ain't going to do that I'm afraid. Where's your contacts you've picked up in the past. We're still fishing in the same pond as the last two years.

9 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I wouldn't use the option personally if I had a season ticket but I had read somewhere that Trading Standards guidance was a full refund should be offered if you were not able to attend the matches. I may be wrong. Yes season ticket holders were able to watch on Falkirk TV but it can be ropey at times and buffer, it's nowhere near an adequate replacement for a full price season ticket.

It's just shite from the club again. Motherwell have offered a free season ticket for all current season ticket holders for next year. I'm not suggesting we could afford to do that, or we should, but a better gesture than three games should have been offered in my opinion. 25% off for renewing for next year for example. 

Exactly, it's the usual shite.  Look at one of the very first lines "We have been asked by a number of fans about the possibility of refunds, or other compensation".  Motherwell come out and offer a free season ticket really early doors.  FFC gives a strong impression that they'd really rather not have had to issue any statement whatsoever and are only doing it cause some fans are being unreasonably uppity.

18 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Ah, I figured everyone sold tickets with the caveat that fans might not be allowed in (certainly the case at Dumbarton). If clubs sold them on the basis of full access being granted then you're quite right that legally they'd need to refund anyone asking for it. I do agree that statement is terribly written, pointing out how much the club would lose is a bold move given the reason money is so tight is the continued failure of your board. You can see they're trying to be open about the situation but it reads terribly to me and I'm not even emotionally involved.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I was shared this privately by someone. I believe this is the TS letter that has been referenced that was sent to all clubs…

C0DD8BF8-27B2-4802-8633-B78FF5CDC65C.jpeg

C9A3C161-4E59-4F70-9B92-1584AE8B6375.jpeg

1 hour ago, brokeville said:

Unbelievable cop out. Everyone who bought a season ticket is entitled to a refund.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/06/16/club-update-season-ticket-refunds/

1 hour ago, Rugster said:

So they're only offering to refund the cost of three home games because the season was curtailed and not a full refund because no one could attend?

Not sure that's legal.

1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

So somebody who is not renewing their season ticket (i.e me) will not be entitled to any refund/compensation unless i change my mind and renew? 

The only time I'll be in that ground next season is to watch the Shire me thinks. Probably the closest I've been to walking away. 

Take it up with your card provider.😉 It's YOUR money, not theirs.

Debit & credit card chargeback: protection on faulty goods - MSE (moneysavingexpert.com)

Edited by kiddy

Legally the club has now done as they’re obliged to and it is up to individuals whether they want to take up the refund offer.

Legally I don’t see how anyone can demand refunds for the full season when Falkirk (as with all clubs) never sold access to the stadium. The product that was sold was access to Falkirk TV with access to the stadium only if/when permitted.

58 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I see the happy clapper brigade on twitter are slating any fan who requests a refund without knowing the financial situation. A lot of fans may have lost their job or had their hours cut and every penny is important.

We really are a c**t of a club with a large number of c***s for fans. Think the time is fast approaching where I chuck it, can't be arsed with it all anymore. Nothing is ever going to change.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m actually beginning to dislike a large number of our fans as much as I dislike those who are running our club into the gutter. They deserve each other.

Edited by MSG GTF!

Guest Caractacus Potts
17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I was shared this privately by someone. I believe this is the TS letter that has been referenced that was sent to all clubs…

C0DD8BF8-27B2-4802-8633-B78FF5CDC65C.jpeg

C9A3C161-4E59-4F70-9B92-1584AE8B6375.jpeg

A9ADDA92-3C3F-469E-884A-177B4977F500.jpeg

FCF3D2E1-FA52-42D2-989F-9463B3E9984D.jpeg