The Falkirk FC Thread

I think the criticism of the Rawlins and the board will amplify if we don't increase the quality of signings pretty soon.
The team looks better on paper than M&Ms squad, particularly at full back but it's a gamble to be relying on Dowds and Keena up front and Telfer staying fit.
We really need 3 or 4 signings of a much better standard as well as decent depth hopefully through the loan market. I've not seen many other signings in the league that have got me too worried so far but I think that means that now is the time to push the boat out a bit and really ensure we're not in this league next year.

6 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

You may be right but people have been crying wolf for decades now and this site (like OneF before it) is turning into an echo chamber

Crying Wolf? Hell’s teeth, wake up. By coming out with that one statement, it makes perfectly clear that at no time have you ever raised a finger to do anything whatsoever about issues at FFC.

Do you mean crying wolf financially, or football performance wise? So everything is fine and dandy, the Rawlins need us to be successful for them to be successful because they’ve got all their eggs in the Falkirk basket, and they can’t afford for it to go down the tubes? That’ll be because if things go badly and there is an existential threat to FFC, no-one in the Falkirk community will do what it takes to get the 26% back off them……yeah right.

Your insights aren’t exactly insightful. I think everyone would love for us to be run like St Johnstone……but we aren’t are we? Step back and have a look. People care. If you want a football chat forum that’s just sunshine and lollipops there’s nothing to stop you from firing one up of your own accord, and keeping the whingers outside looking in.

On here, just bypass the stuff you don’t like. It’s not difficult…….but don’t sit there and accuse people that have put in so much work over a couple of decades and more that they are “crying Wolf”.

You just haven’t grasped that the club hasn’t died because people stepped in when needed to do the stuff that stopped it from falling over the cliff. Clearly you have never been one of them, and I hope that is just a reflection of your age.

Hold on a minute. The club has been in free fall for years. Did you miss that? 
the guys who investing were putting 50k in each to try and help the club move on. 
You have people on here are having a go at them. Why would that be? 
I keep saying this. The club is fractured. Unless there is real change that will not heal. Anyone thinking anything else is kidding themselves on. 
FFS we have a BoD who are refusing to communicate openly with their fans yet expect people to fork out cash and back them. 
The club in in trouble and the sooner these guys in the Boardroom wake up and realise that the better it will be for the club. 

Agreed. During our spell in the Premier league our board was run by people who had invested in the club and had something at stake. Say what you like about MR and SA but they did actually care. The majority of our BOD have nothing at stake.

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I think the criticism of the Rawlins and the board will amplify if we don't increase the quality of signings pretty soon.
The team looks better on paper than M&Ms squad, particularly at full back but it's a gamble to be relying on Dowds and Keena up front and Telfer staying fit.
We really need 3 or 4 signings of a much better standard as well as decent depth hopefully through the loan market. I've not seen many other signings in the league that have got me too worried so far but I think that means that now is the time to push the boat out a bit and really ensure we're not in this league next year.

Calm yourself, we're not going into a season knowing Hall and Durnan are the preferred defensive partnership and we have 3 wingers on the books as opposed to Morrison and a crock. We also have two full backs who are capable of providing a threat at the other end of the park. Definitely strengthening to come but we're hopefully on track with that.

Agreed. During our spell in the Premier league our board was run by people who had invested in the club and had something at stake. Say what you like about MR and SA but they did actually care. The majority of our BOD have nothing at stake.
I was struck at one of the virtual AGM/EGM that when asked the question, they confirmed that nobody on the board at that time had any shares in the club.

Calm yourself, we're not going into a season knowing Hall and Durnan are the preferred defensive partnership and we have 3 wingers on the books as opposed to Morrison and a crock. We also have two full backs who are capable of providing a threat at the other end of the park. Definitely strengthening to come but we're hopefully on track with that.

Oh aye I agree, just want to see that movement as soon as possible to lift a bit of the cloud over the club. Would love to go into the season with real confidence.

5 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Unbelievable cop out. Everyone who bought a season ticket is entitled to a refund.

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/06/16/club-update-season-ticket-refunds/

So they're only offering to refund the cost of three home games because the season was curtailed and not a full refund because no one could attend?

Not sure that's legal.

5 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Unbelievable cop out. Everyone who bought a season ticket is entitled to a refund.

Pleading poverty to try and justify it is brutal too. Bold to play that card after turning down 600k from a supporters' group.

Edited by Marshmallo

11 minutes ago, brokeville said:

So somebody who is not renewing their season ticket (i.e me) will not be entitled to any refund/compensation unless i change my mind and renew? 

The only time I'll be in that ground next season is to watch the Shire me thinks. Probably the closest I've been to walking away. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

So somebody who is not renewing their season ticket (i.e me) will not be entitled to any refund/compensation unless i change my mind and renew? 

The only time I'll be in that ground next season is to watch the Shire me thinks. Probably the closest I've been to walking away. 

It says that you can email the club for a refund and it will be issued no problem.

I see the happy clapper brigade on twitter are slating any fan who requests a refund without knowing the financial situation. A lot of fans may have lost their job or had their hours cut and every penny is important.

We really are a c**t of a club with a large number of c***s for fans. Think the time is fast approaching where I chuck it, can't be arsed with it all anymore. Nothing is ever going to change.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Surely the fact we're talking about a sum of only 75k for refunds should be starting the warning signs ringing already.  For a start the Rawlins increased investment we were promised would have covered that easily not to mention the 600k knocked back from the navy blue boys.  It just emphasises the fact that the Rawlins have managed to get hold of the club on the cheap and will continue to run it on the cheap so that it's no skin off their nose if it all goes tits up. What exactly do these people bring to the table if they aren't interested in covering a 75k max payment which would be a nice opening gesture to fans that have suffered greatly over the last few years.