The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Jaimie Wilson was apparently after full time and we had offered a trial ( pre Sheerin) wonder if he’ll be in training tomorrow.

Might have been on the Dumbarton thread I read it but I'm sure someone said Dumb and Dumber had wanted to sign him without a trial, but Sheerin wants to take a look at him before bringing him in permanently. 

3 hours ago, steveffc said:

Pre season starting tomorrow,, Sheerin got a number 2 yet?or does he just have Corzo? When he's not selling season tickets at club shop of course,
Sheerin on hiding to nothing here, and people used to wonder why other managers were not scrambling for our managers job,

Thought I'd take a wee look at the squad update on the official site. All of the leavers have been deleted but none of the new ones added yet. The staff profiles also have the interim coaches removed but all of the remaining staff are still on there, including Ian Fergus. Holt and Sheerin aren't there though for some reason? I wonder why?

37 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Might have been on the Dumbarton thread I read it but I'm sure someone said Dumb and Dumber had wanted to sign him without a trial, but Sheerin wants to take a look at him before bringing him in permanently. 

Not surprising if true, it may be worth a look there will be many a trialist coming and going throughout the country but a striker who’s played highland league, Australian 3rd division and 2 goals in 17 for Dumbarton doesn’t get me going personally. 

1 hour ago, gav-ffc said:

Not surprising if true, it may be worth a look there will be many a trialist coming and going throughout the country but a striker who’s played highland league, Australian 3rd division and 2 goals in 17 for Dumbarton doesn’t get me going personally. 

Being in L1 I can completely understand why we won't be able to recruit top (or even middling) talent, but surely we can get better than somebody with those stats?

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Thought I'd take a wee look at the squad update on the official site. All of the leavers have been deleted but none of the new ones added yet. The staff profiles also have the interim coaches removed but all of the remaining staff are still on there, including Ian Fergus. Holt and Sheerin aren't there though for some reason? I wonder why?

15 player squad so far then,FFC fucking things up since 1876

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, AGPar said:

Yes, probably for the best that you say nothing, considering the absolute clown you have made of yourself with your interminable, relentless "aren't Gary Deans and this board so wonderful" campaign that you waged on here for months and months and months. Fair to say you called that hopelessly, spectacularly wrong then.

Pedro Moutinho marks down this post, what a surprise! People who joined the last few months to criticise the board, when all hell has broke loose, get criticised yet Pedro somehow joins to defend all things- the board and mark down anything against them. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Pedro Moutinho marks down this post, what a surprise! People who joined the last few months to criticise the board, when all hell has broke loose, get criticised yet Pedro somehow joins to defend all things- the board and mark down anything against them. 

As I’ve said numerous times I have absolutely nothing to do with the board or either side of this. I have been critical of them on several occasions and said I don’t find Gary Deans very inspiring in the chairman role.

But tbh I don’t think it paints the ‘fans bid’ group in a particularly edifying light that the only communication they have had with supporters as far as I can see is through new anonymous accounts on here that simply put the boot into absolutely everything to do with the club.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

7 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

As I’ve said numerous times I have absolutely nothing to do with the board or either side of this. I have been critical of them on several occasions and said I don’t find Gary Deans very inspiring in the chairman role.

But tbh I don’t think it paints the ‘fans bid’ group in a particularly edifying light that the only communication they have had with supporters as far as I can see is through new anonymous accounts on here that simply put the boot into absolutely everything to do with the club.

The irony being that you too are running an anonymous account. I haven’t seen anyone putting the boot into Sheerin. Look at the club…..couldn’t muster finishing in the top four in Seaside League 1. The Board deserve all they get for that. The Chairman really had to go, but no, he is needed for much puppet work in the months ahead. That ghastly statement about handing Holt “the near impossible task” of getting one more point from games against Partick and three part time sides should have been his last statement.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’m not the one detailing anything about the fans group. I’m just going by what’s been said here. Most of the details have came from old existing accounts such as Shadwell Dog. 

You also forget quickly that you are a new account. A new account created at a time when we’ve had one of our worst ever finishes that continually sticks up for the board and mark down anti board comments. 🤔 

7 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Tbh who cares what you think. I tell what isn’t particularly edifying is my club being in the worst place in 45 years. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

26 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Tbh who cares what you think. I tell what isn’t particularly edifying is my club being in the worst place in 45 years. 

Thing is, a lot of the people whingeing now are the same people who were whingeing when we were beating Sevco & Hibs at the top end of the Championship. The people complaining about Deans are the same people who complained about Ritchie, Henderson, Lang et al. The people complaining about Holt are the same people who complained about Pressley, Houston, Hartley, McKinnon  etc etc etc.

It's the same people complaining all the time about everything. Nobody likes a constant whinger. 

38 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Thing is, a lot of the people whingeing now are the same people who were whingeing when we were beating Sevco & Hibs at the top end of the Championship. The people complaining about Deans are the same people who complained about Ritchie, Henderson, Lang et al. The people complaining about Holt are the same people who complained about Pressley, Houston, Hartley, McKinnon  etc etc etc.

It's the same people complaining all the time about everything. Nobody likes a constant whinger. 

Hold on a minute. The club has been in free fall for years. Did you miss that? 
the guys who investing were putting 50k in each to try and help the club move on. 
You have people on here are having a go at them. Why would that be? 
I keep saying this. The club is fractured. Unless there is real change that will not heal. Anyone thinking anything else is kidding themselves on. 
FFS we have a BoD who are refusing to communicate openly with their fans yet expect people to fork out cash and back them. 
The club in in trouble and the sooner these guys in the Boardroom wake up and realise that the better it will be for the club. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Hold on a minute. The club has been in free fall for years. Did you miss that? 
the guys who investing were putting 50k in each to try and help the club move on. 
You have people on here are having a go at them. Why would that be? 
I keep saying this. The club is fractured. Unless there is real change that will not heal. Anyone thinking anything else is kidding themselves on. 
FFS we have a BoD who are refusing to communicate openly with their fans yet expect people to fork out cash and back them. 
The club in in trouble and the sooner these guys in the Boardroom wake up and realise that the better it will be for the club. 

You may be right but people have been crying wolf for decades now and this site (like OneF before it) is turning into an echo chamber

4 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

You may be right but people have been crying wolf for decades now and this site (like OneF before it) is turning into an echo chamber

Crying Wolf ? 

9 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

The wolf is in the house and so stuffed it can’t eat any more!