The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

We did save the club back then. I used to get paid and head straight to the Bank of Scotland in Newmarket St and pay money into the Back the Bairns account. Also attended loads of events, one of which at the Leapark Hotel was attended by Totts and Crunchie, real club legends. We all pulled together and saved our club. For what, as you say to be treated like shite 20 odd years later.

Thousands did their we bit and it all added up.

Remember the share issue in the early 80's when the Clydesdale would not increase the overdraft. It was the same attitude the fans dug deep.

But this time I think they will get a shock at the lack of season ticket uptake.

Peoples personal finances and uncertainty will certainly effect sales plus people pissed off with the way the club is run.

2 hours ago, Zbairn said:

Interesting to see that the Board members and apologists on here are now notable by their absence. Their silence on this topic is deafening. Banta, Pedro et al....where are you and how are you going to defend this one?

Hope you're not referring to me mate?

2 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

They won't answer properly though, it's a scripted pile of shite. That they think folk will be happy with. I'm fucking scunnered already and that's without a ball being kicked. I actually feel a bit sorry for Sheerin, he's on a hiding to nothing the poor c**t. 

Much how I feel myself.

Thousands did their we bit and it all added up.
Remember the share issue in the early 80's when the Clydesdale would not increase the overdraft. It was the same attitude the fans dug deep.
But this time I think they will get a shock at the lack of season ticket uptake.
Peoples personal finances and uncertainty will certainly effect sales plus people pissed off with the way the club is run.
I think you're right about the season tickets, it's the uncertainty of actually getting into the ground for me more than the board stuff. Don't think I can bear another season of streams so I'll be holding off until we know more.

10 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Still finishing the pop corn…….

Yes, probably for the best that you say nothing, considering the absolute clown you have made of yourself with your interminable, relentless "aren't Gary Deans and this board so wonderful" campaign that you waged on here for months and months and months. Fair to say you called that hopelessly, spectacularly wrong then.

Pre season starting tomorrow,, Sheerin got a number 2 yet?or does he just have Corzo? When he's not selling season tickets at club shop of course,
Sheerin on hiding to nothing here, and people used to wonder why other managers were not scrambling for our managers job,

9 minutes ago, steveffc said:

Pre season starting tomorrow,, Sheerin got a number 2 yet?or does he just have Corzo? When he's not selling season tickets at club shop of course,
Sheerin on hiding to nothing here, and people used to wonder why other managers were not scrambling for our managers job,

It is Grainger isn’t it? 

1 hour ago, bairn88 said:

If we don’t get real, real quality in up front I think we’re well short. McManus level of player. 

You could say similar for about 7 or 8 clubs in the league. Goodwillie, Megginson and Murray are the only sure things up front for teams next year.

We should be in a better position to get the pick of the bunch as you'd imagine full time football and having one of the top two budgets in the league should make us first choice.

8 minutes ago, steveffc said:
34 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:
It is Grainger isn’t it? 

That been confirmed anywhere, just thought it was a rumour

I thought it had been. Who knows? who really cares TBH 

Hopefully it is Grainger as seems to be gaining a good reputation. 

Most people on here seem to disagree with almost every opinion but I don’t believe for a second that people don’t care. The reason everyone is so passionate about us getting ourselves sorted out is because they do. 

I think Sheerin & Grainger (if it’s him) will get us kicking on on the park. Off it, who knows but at least if the on the pitch stuff is going well it’s a start & we can get back to enjoying a Saturday & not just the pre match stuff with our mates which is the best part of match day for the last few years. 

Also hopeful that we're close to signing Paton as he looks an improvement on what we currently have. I'd take Paton and a loan signing as decent strikers are very hard to recruit permanently with most already contracted to other clubs. 

Edited by FFC 1876