The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, I agree with this. The BOD won't look very clever if the refuse or are reluctant to answer any probing questions. 

I like Bairn in Exile's email too. We need to get the format changed if we can.

Wasting your breath / typing finger 

8 hours ago, Bula Bairn said:

I want supporter involvement, I'm just trying to understand why the Rawlins are now seen as the bad guys.  

Too much smoke and mirrors on here so hopefully we'll get more substance at the fans Q&A. 

It is up to people’s judgement. 

The club needed a reboot this summer after the last four seasons of utter incompetence and failure. The Navy Blue group recognised that, made an investment offer that recognised the need for both continuity and change both with the MSG shareholding and the make up of the Board. The change of the Board make up was not just for the sake of it but was to add much needed skills to a Board that is full of the same skill set. 

The Board, which the Rawlins describe as the most hard working and professional Board he has worked with in football, decided that investment was required but not the changes presented.

The Navy Blue group felt the changes were imperative to unite the supporters, ensure season ticket revenue and sponsorship was secured and also launch a fans initiative that would get a large number buying into. 

ultimately that is the difference. Already you are seeing there is no unity, season tickets and sponsorship will probably be down and the fans share save scheme will no doubt attract less buy in if the fans and club were aligned. 

The Board may well have a plan B that will fulfil all the things the Navy Blue Group believed they could help deliver.  I can tell you something the club and the fans deserve all that and more. 

The AGM last year was done via a zoom type format with an independent journalist ( can’t remember the guys name) collecting and fielding the questions to the BOD, he was also quite good at pressing them when he wasn’t happy with the answers. They also had a live chat option where you could type questions in real time for him to collect and put to the BOD. I don’t see why a similar format can’t be used for the Q&A, the only reason they can be doing this pre recorded thing is to actively avoid any scrutiny. It’s the complete opposite of the transparency with fans they claim to want. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

14 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

Nobody on Falkirk TV has asked anyone at the club a difficult question in 3 years, why are they going to start now?

To use the old Dennis Healy (ask your grandad) quote, being questioned by wee Lewis is like being savaged by a dead sheep.

Guest Caractacus Potts

Have to say, I’m glad people are seeing straight through this setup. 

I definitely feel we need to ask difficult questions though to expose this sham. I doubt they will be answered. I’m pretty certain too that any questions they do answer, they will see beforehand so their answer will be prepared. There will also be a few rigged questions thrown in for good measure. Need to try though. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

41 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Have to say, I’m glad people are seeing straight through this setup. 

I definitely feel we need to ask difficult questions though to expose this sham. I doubt they will be answered. I’m pretty certain too that any questions they do answer, they will see beforehand so their answer will be prepared. There will also be a few rigged questions thrown in for good measure. Need to try though. 

Will also be interesting to see if Luigi states who the question is from or if its all anonymous.

100% that they wil be prepared questions from BoD friends and family with prepared statements. Maybe, just maybe one difficult question thrown in to look good.... but they probably still know what it is and have the answer before its recorded. If they don't then they can always re-record. 

Why on Earth did the PR Guru at the club and Deans think this format is a good idea ?  Think I said previously, as transparent as a black hole.

They have also basically thrown Luigi under a bus. Ask us nice questions and everything will be good, but the fans will take you to task.... ask not so nice questions and we will cut it out from the pre-recorded video and you will be out on your ear from next season. Rock and a hard place for wee Lewis C.

It should be done live on a zoom call, with questions from the floor, or not at all.

Q&A format a complete joke. The opposite of how a transparent club would do things, with an added touch of throwing softie superfan Lewis under the bus. They'll be getting an email from me today, as that's really the only thing I can do. Is liam@falkirkfc.co.uk the best email address to use? Seems to be a few floating around on the club website. 

Guest Peter LaFleur
17 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Q&A format a complete joke. The opposite of how a transparent club would do things, with an added touch of throwing softie superfan Lewis under the bus. They'll be getting an email from me today, as that's really the only thing I can do. Is liam@falkirkfc.co.uk the best email address to use? Seems to be a few floating around on the club website. 

FTVLewis@gmail.com

I totally agree it’s a terrible format. I’ve submitted questions anyway but without pressing their answers I feel it’s slightly pointless. David Oliver was decent during the previous Q&A at doing this but can’t see Lewis being as hard on them.

Poor LC,  I am sure his email account is going to take a battering over the next few days. The upside of course, is that due to the huge number of emails, the club has randomly picked a few emails, and we will deal with the questions within those in the time available.

Fire away Lewis…..

Have you ever wished to meet any fictional character in real life? Who would it be? (and remember what we agreed in rehearsals….you can’t say Chris Martin from Coldplay because he is real, so just go with Peter Pan but avoid Pinocchio and Walter Mitty).

What are the things that you have spent money on and later felt like it was a total waste of club funds? Of course, a probing question, but we have to respect confidentiality here, so best if we limit it to boardroom snacks and soft drinks

25 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

FTVLewis@gmail.com

I totally agree it’s a terrible format. I’ve submitted questions anyway but without pressing their answers I feel it’s slightly pointless. David Oliver was decent during the previous Q&A at doing this but can’t see Lewis being as hard on them.

Hmmm, should I be directing my displeasure at the format to Lewis though? I want the person who has the power to change the format to read my email.

Also LC is now a confusing abbreviation. Now that corrzo (Liam corr) seems a prominent club employee now? 

They'll come back with the same old shite about if it was a zoom call it would turn into a rabble  with everyone shouting at once. Feck me you just mute everyone but the question asker and then people click their hands up icon if they want to come in.  It's easily doable.

It simply beggars belief that 1) they have put this format together thinking it will in any way be workable, and 2) they managed to convince themselves that the general support would fall for this nonsense.

Fully expect it will be cancelled late on due to unforeseen circumstances.

Guest Caractacus Potts
8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hmmm, should I be directing my displeasure at the format to Lewis though? I want the person who has the power to change the format to read my email.

Also LC is now a confusing abbreviation. Now that corrzo (Liam corr) seems a prominent club employee now? 

I would think this email account has been set up solely for this purpose. What purpose did it serve before now? If Lewis required a regular email for FTV stuff then give him a Falkirkfc account.

Also surely Lewis hasn’t privately set up an email for stuff outside Falkirk with that title?

If it’s as I suspect then I’d be very surprised if Lewis is the only one with access to it. 

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

They'll come back with the same old shite about if it was a zoom call it would turn into a rabble  with everyone shouting at once. Feck me you just mute everyone but the question asker and then people click their hands up icon if they want to come in.  It's easily doable.

They wouldn’t even have to do an open zoom meeting, a format similar to the AGM with an independent journalist chairing the thing collecting and delivering the questions as they come in via email would have been more acceptable. The guy that done the AGM was quite good at pressing the various BOD members if they gave a soft answer, he also fielded questions in real time that he was receiving from watching shareholders as the meeting progressed.  In no way was that a rabble , they have no excuse for not at least doing something similar considering it’s already a tried and tested model they have used in the past. The fact they have chosen to set up the Q&A in this way is extremely worrying in itself! If this is the Rawlins idea of transparency I dred to think of what might be happening under the radar going forward! If the answers aren’t forthcoming the minor shareholders will have to call another EGM to get the scrutiny needed similar to how was done after the failed BtB bid pre Rawlins. I hope the BOD take note! 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

I think the full Q&A session will be a staged sham and for that reason I have decided to ignore it. I'm not going to submit a question and the way this is being done confirms further for me that I am doing the right thing by not renewing my ST. They don't want to face the fans, if they did it would have happened before now and would have been an open zoom Q&A.