The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

This group of potential investors calling themselves The Navy Blue would indicate they are fans.... yet they aren’t willing to tell other fans some major details of their bid. 😂 

To be fair to them,  if you look back on this thread there is far more details of their bid than there is of the boards reasons for rejection. 

46 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'm not sure how anyone could support the decisions of the board in the last 5 years or so but Im definitely in the camp of thinking we can't judge the Rawlins or even Holt until we see where we are this time next year.
I do agree with the point of new accounts that only seems to post about the board and the fans group, maybe a compromise could be a new thread about the Falkirk board where they could talk about the board till the end of time and the rest of us can talk about signings and football etc.

Would like to see the Rawlins actually doing something though . So far all they have done is invest a few quid, knock back a lot more quid and piss folk off enough to leave the club.   On the football side it's just more of the same. Hopefully it will turn out differently on the park but with the begging letters and lack of refunds it's obvious that it's the fans that are going to be paying for everything once again with Rawlins sticking to their minimum investment instead of financing a side that would confirm promotion. No sign of the supposed players coming in from agents either.  Will be interesting to see if the Rawlins appear to answer questions and whether it's.both of them or just her.  Or will they have disappeared for a couple of weeks again by that stage?

We need to have a question formatted for this Q&A that due to sheer volume can't be easily ignored. There will be people much better at this than me but something like...

Recent social media discourse appears to suggest that the current Board of Directors are, at best, difficult to work with. This discourse has been verified by the Crunchie Iniative (fans group created to recognise club legend Kevin McAllister) who stated that "behaviours demonstrated by this board... have been wholly unacceptable". As the saying goes, 'no smoke without fire' , so why are the board treating fans in a 'wholly unacceptable' manner?

44 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Oh can you now? Good for you 

I want supporter involvement, I'm just trying to understand why the Rawlins are now seen as the bad guys.  

Too much smoke and mirrors on here so hopefully we'll get more substance at the fans Q&A. 

1 hour ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

We need to have a question formatted for this Q&A that due to sheer volume can't be easily ignored. There will be people much better at this than me but something like...

Recent social media discourse appears to suggest that the current Board of Directors are, at best, difficult to work with. This discourse has been verified by the Crunchie Iniative (fans group created to recognise club legend Kevin McAllister) who stated that "behaviours demonstrated by this board... have been wholly unacceptable". As the saying goes, 'no smoke without fire' , so why are the board treating fans in a 'wholly unacceptable' manner?

Sounds awright.

Just now, Bula Bairn said:

I want supporter involvement, I'm just trying to understand why the Rawlins are now seen as the bad guys.  

Too much smoke and mirrors on here so hopefully we'll get more substance at the fans Q&A. 

You'll learn absolutely nothing at the q&a as there's noone grilling them for answers.  So far the Rawlins and especially chesty Morgan as she seems to see Falkirk as her plaything , have managed to piss off just about everyone they've come up against resulting in the club missing out on 600k plus of investment and some  valuable employees hitting the road.

27 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

And they answer saying that's not the case next question Lewis. Lewis isn't going to say hang on a minute that isn't an answer ......... Or chesty Morgan will have him fired by the end of the night.

Ok so long story short:

The club is still being terribly run and alienating fans.

I am no lover of the board and I’m all for fan involvement but (In my opinion) The Navy Blue bid was never going to be accepted as it would’ve resulted in Deans losing his role (demanding an independent chairman), Holt losing his job (before a bit of back tracking) and Rawlins spending more cash for no gain. 

The Rawlins have gone from messiah to villain before they’ve even set foot in the country 🤷🏼‍♂️. Mrs Rawlins seems to be a bit of a nippy sweetie and has been upsetting people. 

The Crunchie Initiative are good guys who’ve been treated terribly.

f**k me 🤦🏻‍♂️

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Ok so long story short:

The club is still being terribly run and alienating fans.

I am no lover of the board and I’m all for fan involvement but (In my opinion) The Navy Blue bid was never going to be accepted as it would’ve resulted in Deans losing his role (demanding an independent chairman), Holt losing his job (before a bit of back tracking) and Rawlins spending more cash for no gain. 

The Rawlins have gone from messiah to villain before they’ve even set foot in the country 🤷🏼‍♂️. Mrs Rawlins seems to be a bit of a nippy sweetie and has been upsetting people. 

The Crunchie Initiative are good guys who’ve been treated terribly.

f**k me 🤦🏻‍♂️

Plus they haven't invested the extra cash they said they would and that deans told us was just a formality.  Only Deans and the Rawlins can explain why the club can afford to not only knock back 600k plus but also do without the extra investment the Rawlins were supposed to be injecting.

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Plus they haven't invested the extra cash they said they would and that deans told us was just a formality.  Only Deans and the Rawlins can explain why the club can afford to not only knock back 600k plus but also do without the extra investment the Rawlins were supposed to be injecting.

Surely a question that has to be asked at the Q&A…

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Aw well just leave it then. 

I think it’s a good idea and need to try anyway to get a few good questions asked. What SD says might well be the case but then if we ask and they don’t answer that in itself will say a lot. 

Email sent.

Dear Sirs,

I was delighted to read about the forthcoming Q & A session that is due to take place soon and which will be recorded and then made available to view on FTV on Thursday 24th June.

However, myself and several of my friends and fellow supporters are a bit concerned about the proposed format of the session, which will have Lewis Connolly of FTV acting as an “independent” conduit of fans questions to be directed to the Board and coaching staff. We feel that this format puts Lewis in an extremely difficult situation – if the questions that he selects are too “soft” he will be under pressure from the fans and considered a mouthpiece of the club – if the questions that he asks of the board etc. are too difficult he will come under pressure from within the club. He is between a rock and a hard place.

Surely a fairer and more transparent format would be for the session to be live on Zoom, that way the club could be 100% sure that the questions, to use your own words, “have not been cherry-picked or vetted prior to being posed”.

In fairness to everybody, Lewis, the fans and the board and coaching staff, I hope that you will reconsider the format of the Q & A session.

I look forward to your reply.

Bairn in Exile

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I think it’s a good idea and need to try anyway to get a few good questions asked. What SD says might well be the case but then if we ask and they don’t answer that in itself will say a lot. 

Aye, I agree with this. The BOD won't look very clever if the refuse or are reluctant to answer any probing questions. 

I like Bairn in Exile's email too. We need to get the format changed if we can.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You'll learn absolutely nothing at the q&a as there's noone grilling them for answers.  So far the Rawlins and especially chesty Morgan as she seems to see Falkirk as her plaything , have managed to piss off just about everyone they've come up against resulting in the club missing out on 600k plus of investment and some  valuable employees hitting the road.

What's with the Chesty Morgan patter?