The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We must have been the only club in the SPFL who didn't have a 9am tweet scheduled with the fixtures for the year.

I basically couldn’t care less. But it is very very amateurish. New comms guy clearly didn’t know announcement was today. 

6 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

And the opportunity to play a European game even if it is just qualification. That doesn't exactly come around too often to players at this level.

A season and he'll be back up here but will have made enough cash to tide him over for a while. Plus it's a good level for him. He should be able to get a good few goals a season at that standard compared to the championship up here.

As far as the CI goes we felt that we’ve said what we had to, as a group. If the board  continue to treat us in a similar fashion in the future then maybe we’ll need to decide further.

We are a fan led group though and have spoken privately to some of our main contributors throughout this about some issues we’ve had to help gain a consensus of opinion. I’m not on here to deny what has already been said anyway. 

At the end of the day though we will have to work with the club if we are to achieve this so we don’t plan on sharing any details in public. 

Think we’ve said what we had to and hope to achieve our project next Summer.

Till then we’re all quite happy to have a break from it all. This is the last I’ll say on it, for now.

Sorry if you were hoping for more detail. 

Edited by Guest

Who is the new Supporters Association that Deans mentions the club are working with in the ST pack. He states the club will be working with this group with who will in coming months take up a seat on the board and have input on how the club is run.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Who is the new Supporters Association that Deans mentions the club are working in the ST pack. He states the club will be working with this group with who will in coming months take up a seat on the board and have input on how the club is run.

CC52FFC

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I've no got FB so that doesn't open for me right. Is it like representatives of the different supporters clubs.

Yeh pretty much. Here’s a FH article about it…

https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/sport/football/falkirk-supporters-asked-help-shape-future-new-fans-led-organisation-3111584?fbclid=IwAR1Hj-EEx48m8y4zhTmb7fH-pEDH4pia88ieSLzHbHQqnhVWaHOYum7PNRU

4 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I might be naive as to how these things work but could this group no work with the patrons group to buy up shares in the club.

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

I might be naive as to how these things work but could this group no work with the patrons group to buy up shares in the club.

Not sure but would seem logical. 

Q and A details, pre recorded (. I wonder why) admittedly there is still Covid but I still think it should be a bit more personal a  zoom meet with questions still being answered in person:

It has been a busy time for all at Falkirk FC with the recruitment of Paul Sheerin, subsequent arrival of new playing staff and preparations being made for the upcoming season.

We are aware that in amongst all this there is a need to give an update to our supporters as well as taking the opportunity to address any questions that the fans currently have.

As a result we will be holding an open Q&A session with the Board of Directors, Sporting Director Gary Holt and our new Head Coach Paul Sheerin to give fans the chance to raise any questions. In an ideal world we would like to invite fans along to the stadium but we are aware that current restrictions make this impossible.

The board feel it is important to nevertheless hold this session and will do so as a recorded session with fan supplied questions. Falkirk TV’s Lewis Connolly has agreed to act as the independent point of contact so that questions are not cherry-picked or vetted prior to being posed to the board of directors, Gary and Paul. The session will be recorded and available via the official Falkirk FC channels on Thursday 24th June.

If you have any questions you would like submitted to the board and asked on your behalf, please email your question to FTVLewis@gmail.com by 12pm on Sunday 20th June.

3 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

. Falkirk TV’s Lewis Connolly has agreed to act as the independent point of contact so that questions are not cherry-picked or vetted prior to being posed to the board of directors, Gary and Paul. 

Baloney. As if the questions are still not going to be vetted or cherry picked just because they’re going to some gmail account and not direct to the club. 

7 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Q and A details, pre recorded (. I wonder why) admittedly there is still Covid but I still think it should be a bit more personal a  zoom meet with questions still being answered in person:

The board feel it is important to nevertheless hold this session and will do so as a recorded session with fan supplied questions. Falkirk TV’s Lewis Connolly has agreed to act as the independent point of contact so that questions are not cherry-picked or vetted prior to being posed to the board of directors, Gary and Paul. The session will be recorded and available via the official Falkirk FC channels on Thursday 24th June.

If you have any questions you would like submitted to the board and asked on your behalf, please email your question to FTVLewis@gmail.com by 12pm on Sunday 20th June.

Does anyone have any questions for my answers? This is a quote made famous by Henry Kissinger, who once opened a press conference with this question. Kissinger knew what he wanted to say to the press and was going to get his points across regardless of the types of questions posed to him by reporters.

1 hour ago, FFC 1876 said:

6 to me doesn't seem like a raft of new signings. Maybe a small dingy of new signings.

At least these signing have been made and not the 7 days before kick off dregs we have done in the past. Quality questionable but its the best we can get at the standard were are in.

Must haves in the next batch of signings at a  minimum.

Goalkeeper, Versatile defender, 2 x forwards smaller in your face pass and move type players.

17 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

It has been a busy time for all at Falkirk FC with the recruitment of Paul Sheerin, subsequent arrival of new playing staff and preparations being made for the upcoming season.

We are aware that in amongst all this there is a need to give an update to our supporters as well as taking the opportunity to address any questions that the fans currently have.

As a result we will be holding an open Q&A session with the Board of Directors, Sporting Director Gary Holt and our new Head Coach Paul Sheerin to give fans the chance to raise any questions. In an ideal world we would like to invite fans along to the stadium but we are aware that current restrictions make this impossible.

Will we get to see the out-takes ?

Pre-recorded and Luigi asking vetted questions. About as transparent as a black hole.

What a joke. It's like the feckin polit buro running the club now. How can you get a real answer to any questions when you can't get to reply to whatever easy answer they give. Why did you knock back 600k of fans investment. Because we wanted to. Next question......

1 hour ago, Zbairn said:

Will we get to see the out-takes ?

Pre-recorded and Luigi asking vetted questions. About as transparent as a black hole.

Are you going to answer mine, or do you just like answering selected questions?

Guest Caractacus Potts

The fact that they mention the questions will not be cherry picked hardly stands up to scrutiny when they have an effective unpaid club employee picking which ones to ask. 

It also isn’t live so any difficult questions that may get asked they can refuse to answer and  then cut it out and pretend the email was never received.